5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
My review:

I think many readers who love Mary Ting's Crossroads Saga were curious to see, if they will love From Gods us much, because the expectations were high. I am no different, I was little afraid, if Fro Gods would be as good. It was was!

Published 10 months ago by IngaKS

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much love story, not enough mythology...
I quite enjoyed this book. The thing that first attracted me to the book was the mention of mythology. I love anything to do with mythology, especially Greek, and so I jumped at the chance to review From Gods.

Published 1 month ago by Yvonne Leacy (The Shadow Realm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 27 Oct 2013
My review:

First of all, let me say, that I love Greek mythology and I tend to be quite critical on fantasy books based on Greek mythology. But Mary Ting delivered again! Not only that, but she created an interesting and well-written world which kept surprising me.

Plot:

Skylar is going to visit her cousin before attending a freshman year in the college. As usually, she visits her cousin and best friend Kayla and aunt Kelly. This summer is turning to be different from others.

On her way driving to her cousin, Skylar is stopped by police. At least, it seems to be the police. When Skylar starts working at the diner her aunt owns, the hot policeman shows up in the diner. The only weird thing is, that he is not a police and he claims, they have never met before. Skylar is disappointed, but the faith has other plans for both of them.

After Mason saves her life on the beach and Skylar sees creatures she never knew existed, the story takes a turn. Mason tells her the truth about who he and his brothers are. The only mystery remaining is, who is Skylar? Why does she see the creatures? Why is there electricity between them? Who are her parents?

I have to admit, that I had to raise my eyebrow more than once while reading, especially on the first part of it, being sceptical and thinking how does she author explains this or that. But the story fells to its place and makes sense the longer in you come to the story. It is a fresh view on the descendants of the Greek gods and I loved it!

Characters:

Skylar is quite a cautious and conservative young woman in my opinion. She sensed danger and had a strong intuition towards people causing her harm. I liked that she was not a right out kick-ass heroine and loved, that she was a strong and brave young woman.

My favorite supportive characters in the book are Nick and Kayla. I loved the dynamics between them.

Generally:

I highly recommend From Gods by Mary Ting. Read it! It's worth of your time for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 29 May 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
It took me under two days to finish reading this book, not because it wasn't long enough but because it was such a brilliant read that I couldn't put it down. Full of love, passion, intensity and a brilliant story line always has u guessing what's going to happen next. Highly recommend this book! Hope we don't have to wait long for the sequel! <3 thank you Mary ting for a brilliant book

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 April 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
Fantastic read. Loved the plot and character development.a real page Turner from the start Can't wait for the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous story!!!, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
Mary does it again!! I admit I usually don't like stories about Greek gods, but this is so much more than that!' She has a way of writing that makes you connect right away with the characters, so that part is secondary. It's the relationship between the characters that is so strong and watching them grow and the romance is first and foremost. Right away I cared and needed to know that they were ok. And along the way, I ended up really enjoying the Greek Mythology part. Again I credit Mary's writing. She has a way of transporting right into the world she creates. I loved Skylar and was cheering her on the whole way. And Mason, what a complex but likeable guy. He was so much more than a hot guy. I can't wait to read the second!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
Well this story swept me away with skyler and the dramatic story line .
The boys are yum yum especially one of them ( you will have to read yo make your own mind up )
The twists and turns keep you guessing where the story is taking you until it's there and hits you in the face .
Loved it can't wait for the next well done Mary .

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much love story, not enough mythology..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)

It's a fast-paced story, with plenty of action but I felt not enough back-story was given about the Gods and their descendants. I felt too much emphasis was put on the love story and not enough on the mythology. Skylar and Mason gave with whiplash with their back and forth emotions. Its was a bit too insta-love. I would have liked it to be a bit more fleshed out. Saying that I did enjoy the side characters, particularly Nick. He was the joker of the group and he kept me quite amused.

There was a bit of a cliffhanger and so I am left wondering what the next book has in store. While I didn't like it as much as I was hoping it was still an enjoyable, quick read. Lovers of mythology I'm sure will really enjoy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmm, 3 July 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
I liked this book but it could of delved deeper, their is so much richness in Greek mythology to tap I wonder why Mary didnt give us more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quickly became my new favorite author, 12 Jun 2014
kitty (mill run, pa, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
I just have to say,I own every M.Clark Mary Ting book.this lady is so awesome and so special.her characters become part of your heart.I have written a song just for the crossroads saga,It touched my heart so much.It's called Michael Whispers and is available on you tube under Kitty Bowers.When you pick up or download,you won't be able to put them down,and you will want to 're-read them.I was amazed that after crossroads she just keeps them coming.see for your self.but be warned"""" your new favorite author is just a click away ;) Enjoy hugs y'all

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 2 April 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
I like the way the story Inc opp loves, especially the way it ended. Like, Skylar and Mason are kissing... and then... "Daddy?" SO Dramatic!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awsome, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: From Gods (Kindle Edition)
wow Mary Ting this was brilliant loved it hope to read more about the greek gods??? really enjoyed reading this

From Gods