4.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!
Published 4 months ago by michael savage

3.0 out of 5 stars Only one CD
two cd's worth of music on the autorip but only one cd in the case?? expected two just based on the autorip download but still worth having in the car!
Published 15 months ago by David Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
At The Newport Folk Festival in 1963, popular folk trio, Peter, Paul and Mary, sang "Blowin' In The Wind." Said Peter, "as written by the most important folk artist in America." He referred of course to, Bob Dylan, where his own singing captivated both audiences and critics alike thus ending his time as a wandering minstrel who slept in doorways, on park benches, or anywhere he could find. There is no doubt that Bob Dylan is the undisputed king of the folk rock that swept across the States and Britain during 1965. His songs combined the big beat with folk themes of unsentimental love, and protest, and were sensationally successful! He was born in 1941 and by the age of 15 had taught himself to play the harmonica, piano, guitar and autoharp. His wanderings across the states brought him into contact with all kinds of folk music from songs sung by negro-blues artists, to cowboy ballads. Possibly the greatest influence on him was his hero and great friend, Woody Guthrie, the father of white folk music. But you already know all this don't you? In short, 1963 was the big turning point for him.
His first million selling record came in 1965 and tells the story of a girls fall from boarding school to street walker; and is called, "LIKE A ROLLING STONE." This album contains 18 trax, each one depicting a particular time in his development, and a particular style in his presentation. And that is one of the wonderful things about Dylan, he is not predictable in the manner he uses his vocal chords and very often if you compared tracks you might be forgiven for thinking they were sung by different people!
This album should be in any self respecting music lovers collection regardless of whichever road you follow, because Bob Dylan is important. Young people have taken Jake Bugg to their hearts. A young Dylan I thought when I first heard him. Listen too to his stories, obviously he has been influenced by Dylan and those who clamber for Mr Buggs' music should lend an ear to this collection of some of the best of Bob Dylan.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have to say I don't always like bob Dylan's versions of his songs - I generally ..., 13 July 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I have to say I don't always like bob Dylan's versions of his songs - I generally prefer cover versions (sorry but it's true) however I bought this because I recognise what a fantastic song writer he is - the lyrics are superb and his voice is growing on me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody..., 25 Feb. 2014
J. Harrison (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
... Has to have this if you purchase only one Dylan disc. The spectrum of his style and span of his years is enveloped in this album. You need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, wonderful music., 14 April 2015
This review is from: The Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
It was great to hear Bob Dylan again, took me back to my hippy days. Some music today is just about noise & not about words or the singing. Dylan wrote & sang some lovely songs, so well meaning for us ad youths. Same that we can't get the same today when we are left hanging on some companies phones. In those days we rang a number they either answered or they were engaged, no paying, no waiting with horrible so call music. Listen you large companies, a little of Bob Dylan please or anything from that era.

5.0 out of 5 stars I ordered the Best of CD when I got home and it arrived ..., 20 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
I heard Dylan on the radio one morning on my way to the shops singing Rolling Stone and immediately cranked up the volume. I ordered the Best of CD when I got home and it arrived on time and in good condition. Can't believe I had forgotten just how good Dylan is and wish the radio stations would play more of his music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
5 stars says it all

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 26 Jun. 2014
Very good

4.0 out of 5 stars bob, 6 May 2014
Ms. Paula Macgregor (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
It was what I expected .It replaces my worn out versions. good to listen in the car. But no failure, just fab bob as expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 28 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
Pressie for husband he loved it i do not, but I`m sure anyone who loves Bob would already know the tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars To the best of my expectations!, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Very Best Of (Audio CD)
For a long time I had not been listning to Bob Dylan's songs. Suddenly I found myself trying to remember the words in his song "blowing in the wind...", searched for it in my collection of the 60's singers and he wasn't anywhere to be found! I knew where to find him again... at AMAZON.co.uk! and really you didn't disapoint me... there he was in THE VERY BEST OF with many of his inspired words as ln "blowing in the wind" or "Hurricane ",etc

The Very Best Of