TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2013
So, I confess, I'm more of a special-offer-at-Sainsbury's girl when it comes to wine than anything more knowledgeable, but this is a great handy guide written with huge enjoyment and knowledge, and without the snobbery and stuffy rules that characterise some wine writers. Oz Clarke is quite upfront about ditching the `red with meat, white with fish' traditional approach, and encourages us to follow our own tastes and palates.

This is especially good when it offers Oz's favourites, and for its sections on modern wine styles, and matching wines with specific foods. There follow detailed discussions of 2014 vintages organised by region/country, together with handy little tables of what's good to drink now, and a useful A-Z.

So a really handy little book that would make a brilliant stocking-filler for anyone who drinks and enjoys wine.

(This review is from an ARC courtesy of the publisher)
on 16 May 2014
Oz Clarke has the capability to talk (and write) about wine in a very clear way. Great to read by wine experts and non experts alike.
It was my first issue purchased yet I happy with it, clearly well writen style. Thanks Oz!
on 8 November 2014
I ordered this for my brother in law who was visiting from Australia. He was absolutely thrilled with the book and delighted and surprised by the speedy delivery. Well done Amazon, you made his day!
on 5 February 2014
This is exactly what I expected, perfect present for a wine enthusiast and an easy size to carry round,read and use.it is a perennials favourite.
on 19 February 2016
Great for referencing good wines...
on 30 September 2014
very good buy
on 13 December 2013
I buy this for my husband every year. He loves it. If oz doesnt like a bottle of wine it doesnt get drank in our house!
on 2 January 2015
A*
on 12 December 2013
This book was purchased as apresent for a wine drinker - i wait to see if it is fit for purpose