on 29 December 2013
I've never used a scanner of any description before, but had this out of the box and working beautifully within minutes. the hand-held wand is a very useful tool for documents or research, but the feeder dock is truly amazing. I wanted to scan my old photos into digital form and spent a couple of relaxing, enjoyable afternoons sifting through them and doing just that. I use a Mac and - with the help of an SD card reader - the Pandigital had no problems connecting and being used by my iPhoto package. I did download the accompanying software but haven't used it. The quality is fantastic, and the scanning very smooth. I have had a couple of pix come out with a single line across it near the end, but this is easily retouched if necessary.

It took me a few goes to work out how to reduce editing time by getting the scanned image up the right way the first time, whether in portrait or landscape format. Basically, feed any photo or document into the scanner 'head first' and it will be correct.

Be aware that the hand-held wand must only be rolled across a source in ONE DIRECTION. This is not prominently displayed, but is apparently important. The rollers are very smooth and - even though I stopped and started once or twice, the scan remained steady and without flaws.

Highly recommended bit of kit and an amazing price.
on 22 December 2013
Arrived on time , well packed
Easy to set up
Only scanned a few doc' s so far but the quality is really good
Of course with practice it will only improve
The base is smaller than I expected , but that's a good point
The wand is easy to use and is as smooth as silk, again more practice and it will be fine.
Been looking for a suitable mobile scanner for some time as I need to scan doc,s from archives at my library so this will be I'm sure fantastic , I may need a larger micro card but that's not an issue.
My goodness (the wife) and daughter have both cast their eyes over it and looking to use it already so I'd better be hiding it a way.
on 12 December 2013
First class so easy to operate, so convenient for multiple photographs. I copied about 50 photos in 10 minutes. Superb tool
on 16 March 2014
Using the scanner in hand held mode is extremely easy and works very well. When used with the automatic feeder it is even better. One slight draw back is the feeder does need to be plugged to the mains supply when using auto-feeder mode.
When the product arrived the auto-feeder didn't work. The supplier immediately sent out a new one, which arrived before I had returned the original. The supplier refunded the cost of postage very promptly. Extremely professional customer service.
on 4 March 2014
Completely idiot proof! I dread getting my head round new gadgets. The quick set up sheet was so easy to follow. I had scanned, uploaded and emailed in a matter of a few minutes. This included using both the feeder and as a handheld wand. Can't fault this item. Perfect for my needs, quick and simple to use and good quality copies however my passport photo looks awful but unfortunately that has nothing to do with the scanner :-) Highly recommended.
on 6 July 2014
This is a great wand scanner that doesn't need a laptop (PC or Mac) to scan as it scans to a SSD card (micro). It also docks into a document feeder that also charges it ready for when it's portable. It's intelligent charging as well and switches off charging when it's full. So this protects the battery.

It scans into PDF and JPEG which can then easily be read by any device with a normal SSD card slot (with the enlarger adapter).
on 13 January 2014
I bought this because I was having troubles getting my old scanner to work with Windows 8. The quality of the scan is reasonable, but the paper feeding mechanism often gets jammed, or slips whilst scanning, and this distorts the image that is captured by the scanner.

If you're careful with the feeder, results can be adequate, but you will definitely get a better result with a flatbed scanner.
on 23 May 2014
The hand-held scanner works well. The only slight niggle I had was when using the Feeder Dock, the paper doesn't feed in very cleanly - you need to keep trying until it hits the right spot! Otherwise, a very useful tool. Scans are very clear and apart from one or two incorrectly-cropped scans, it has been very good.
on 25 August 2014
Light without the base, which is perfect for business travel .This has worked well for me as a wand although I have some issues when I scan through the sheet feeder ( it misses some areas ). This may be because I need to calibrate it....
on 5 February 2014
I am really happy with this purchase, it is nice and easy to use and have put all of my older pictures onto my computer within a few days. Great product for keeping memories fresh