Format: DVD|Change

on 27 February 2014
I want to give this 5 stars, its great to see this lost episodes resurface but i was disappointed to find that there are no extras on the disc which is one of the things that i personally look forward to on any Doctor Who release.
on 7 July 2014
My goodness this brings back memories of hiding behind the sofa! I was terrified of the yetis who are the monsters in this adventure. Its vintage stuff despite being clearly able to see the zip on the back of the yeti costumes. Patrick Troughton is as usual brilliant. But some how it's not quite as good as I had hoped. A nice addition to the collection though.
on 22 May 2014
SO GOOD TO SEE THIS OUT ON DVD THOUGH I SUSPECT THAT THE B.B.C HAVE HELD BACK FINDS JUST TO BOOST THE 50th ANNIVERSARY YEAR, NOT AS GOOD AS YOU MIGHT THINK, AS WITH ALL LOST EPISODES THE FANS OVER THE YEARS HYPE IT UP BUT AS A LOST STORY SO GOOD TO FINALLY GET TO SEE IT
on 16 March 2014
Yes it's a bare bones release, but the picture quality on this disc is amazing - considering the tapes have been gathering dust for some 45 years or more. One of the 2nd Doctor's most treasured tales has finally been give back to us. Do not hesitate, buy this DVD now!
on 13 October 2013
I saw this as a 7 year old and it made a huge impression. It is still probably my favourite Troughton (with the possible exception of the climax of Power of the Daleks) because of the scary story, atmospheric setting in the London Underground and the incredible monsters. I have already downloaded it from iTunes and will certainly get the DVD too. Worth every penny. Thanks Phil Morris, you really have done something marvellous by finding this classic serial.
on 12 December 2014
Some classic moments in this story - can be very creepy - but perhaps because I've been waiting so long to see it complete, it wasn't as good a story as I'd hoped. This said, it is still a good story and the extras are up to the usual good standard. A little steep on the price when I got it (but they still have to do some work on it). I woud for the avid Who fan deflinitely and for anyone who has tried and enjoyed 'classic' Troughton Who before, but maybe not to those trying 'classic' who for the first time.
on 24 February 2014
There have been complaints about lack of extras etc. Bless, we have dreamed of having any of this back. The quality is supperb, Role on any others, and episodes on their own are just fine.
on 12 January 2015
Patrick Troughton is ace in a real Dr.Who classic.

the book is great too.

the yeti are marvellous monsters too.
on 8 November 2014
As a classic Doctor Who fan, who wasn't even born when this was aired, it's a dream come true. Loved it!!
on 24 January 2015
A brilliant reminder of Patrick Troughton playing of the second Doctor and a good quality D.V.D.