on 27 March 2014
An attractively produced book with an inspiring and heart-warming story, fabulous photographs and some lovely homely looking must-try recipes. This book will appeal to anyone who enjoys beautiful things.
on 26 March 2014
This book is beautifully written with a mixture of touching recollections, a journey through EB's developing career with some delicious soul food recipes in the mix. It is a joy to read and the photography captures the feel of the story perfectly. I recommend this to anyone...especially those who have any EB pottery in their cupboards, and enjoy the beauty of those pieces.
on 22 March 2014
I must declare here that I am a tremendous fan of EB and collect her pottery and this book has been long awaited by all her fans. It was certainly not a disappointment. It was heartfelt and beautifully written, some of her phrases - oh I wish I could write like that! She wrote about her early life and influences and very movingly about her mother and the tragedy that befell the family.

Anyone who has been self employed will know how difficult it is to grow and sustain a business and Emma tells it like it was.

The photography is evocative, I would of course liked to have seen more pots, but that's a minor quibble, this book wasn't really about the pots, but the person who thought of a great idea and had the imagination and stamina to survive in an industry that has all but died here in the UK as well as having four children!

A wonderful book. I have it in both hardback and on my Kindle App.
on 18 May 2014
I bought this book on a whim, partly because it just looks so ravishing. It is. Emma's "patchwork quilt" approach to the chapters allows you to see, in the stunning photography, and read in her words, all the inspiration, robustness, and joy that you can see physically in her pots. I loved this. And the bonus recipes too!
on 7 April 2014
very lovely book.well presented with clear cooking instructions. VERY good photographs & ammusing articles about bridgewater origins & aimsexellent addition to any kitchen
on 10 May 2014
i really enjoyed reading this book, and all the recipes included. it reminds me of my childhood and many happy memories of Norfolk .we have been collectors of Emma Bridgewater pottery for many years and this book encapsulates all that is good about a britiish pottery.
on 7 May 2014
Lovely coffe table book, but also delightful stories and a great gift for any Emma Bridgewater enthusiasts.
Bought for a friend who along with her daughters are great fans of EB
on 23 April 2015
Beautifully photographed but a slight book with not much substance. I love Emma Bridgwater products and have all the other books about Emma Bridgwater and her pottery. I was looking so forward to reading her short' stories'.

Basically these were reflections on her life but were too short and needed expanding . I still feel I did not really know the author and thought it was a lovely idea and beautiful to look at , did not work.
on 12 July 2015
Please note if you buy the paperback version of this book there aren't any photographs. Very disappointed that description didn't state this as I would have bought the hardback edition. Have collected Emma Bridgewater for over 25 years and although looking forward to reading I think photographs are one of the main reasons you buy a book like this.
on 16 May 2014
I'm a big fan of Emma B being a Potteries girl so just loved this book. Ideal present for any Emma B fan, great,