5.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's function, and is worth the price.
I got one for a cheap phone, so I could practice application development for Android. Since, I've managed to root it, and get that all working, and that's all dandy. I've had it for almost a week, and I can typically find qualms in anything I use in a matter of minutes, so, we'll see...

In terms of the smartphone, it's obviously not going to have as great...
Published 8 months ago by Carim A

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't too bad.
Wasn't too bad for the price. Fast, nice to use. Does everything i expected from a £50 phone and more.
Published 6 months ago by Mr. D. A. Worrall

5.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's function, and is worth the price., 1 Feb 2014

In terms of the smartphone, it's obviously not going to have as great memory or processing as top-notch phones, but for the price, it's brilliant. With Apps such as SetCPU to overclock it when you're using it (and underclock it when the screen is off), it becomes fairly good.

It also comes with two batteries. One charge to 100% lasted about 2 days, which is to be expected for a smartphone. Do keep in mind this was prior to me making any root changes, so I imagine it'd last considerably longer at its current state.

The material of the back cover is quite a nice (although, some may call it cheap?) texture, so it's a nice ergonomic hold, however, the power/lock button is on the side, making it easy to accidentally press. This is a bit annoying for me, as I've set it to auto-lock when pressed.

The sound from the speakers are clear, and I'm told that my voice is clear on the other end, so I assume that its phone functions are perfectly fine. The phone app is stupidly convoluted to use during a call (Especially when trying to end it), although, that's probably more of a fault with Android as an OS than it is to do with the phone.

It's a great build, and looks nice. The only real bad thing is the TERRIBLE internal memory and the lack of an SD card, so, if you do choose to get this, get at the very least a 4GB microSD to get yourself started.

Overall, if you're looking for an affordable and expandable phone, this is quite a nice choice. Some may see it as basic, but it's Android; you can do whatever you want with it. :}

4.0 out of 5 stars bought for my son, 1 Jan 2014
i looked at this phone, several time before buying one. I hummed and arred for days. Eventually i got one, it was for my disabled son, who has already had 3 new phones this yr, hence why i did not ant to spend too much!!!!!
The phone arrived quickly and was really easy to set up, at first glance, its a Nokia Lumia and it does everything the same. Great to have 2 batteries and case.
The up side is that as previously stated, it was for my son, who is not great with technology but this phone was right up his street, simple and easy to use, he has found it very simple to use.
Down side, could do with more memory and a suggestion as to what SD card would suit it, to boost its memory capabilitys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Newest cubit C9+, 22 Mar 2014
One of best dual sim mobile bought very easy to use look better then these expensive models you spent 100£. Very satisfied would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value phone, 12 Mar 2014
I bought this phone after reading reviews and must say that i am so pleased that i did it easy to use clear display came with two batteries , charger ear piece and cover dual simm which meant i could use my three simm along with my t-mobile simm.

although only a 2g phone seems quick enough for my use watching video files browsing the web text and of course phone calls I can not fault it although only got it this week..am sure all will be well

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good value!, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Newest Cubot C9+ Unlocked 4.0'' Android 4.2 Dual Core MTK6572 Smartphone Dual SIM Dual Standby Fashion Cellphone Cortex-A7 1.2GHz Dual Camera Flashlight 1600x1200 picture resolution Mobile Phone+2*original battery +phone case (grey) (Electronics)
This phone is incredible value for money at £52.99 compared to other 4"+ screen smartphones running Android 4.2. If you look at the specs, the one big flaw would seem to be the tiny 256MB of memory. I ordered the Kingston Technology Micro SDHC 16GB Memory Card - Frustration Free Packaging which was only £7.60 and came with a regular SD card adaptor included so it can fit into a notebook or PC as well for transferring files. There are larger memory options for the same product on the same page.

Games will run off the 256MB of RAM, so if you're heavily into mobile gaming this might not be the phone for you. I find I have space for four high quality games and that's pretty much the limit. This isn't as big a problem as it sounds though. The 'Playstore' where you buy your apps remembers everything you've downloaded, so you can 'juggle' apps. If you want a new game and don't have enough memory space for example, just delete an old one to make space for it then re-download it when you get bored with another one. However, your own files, such as PDFs, documents, photos etc, are stored on the micro SD card, so the micro SD mentioned above should easily give you as much memory as you need.

Sound is really good, although the headphones that came in the box didn't work and didn't feel well-made to start with, but this didn't bother me because to match the grey/green colour scheme of the model I'd ordered, I also ordered TDK SB20 In-Ear Active Sport Headphones with Ear Hooks - Grey / Lime Green which were another £12.50, but I'm very glad I did this. They sound great and match the colours on the phone closely enough that the two together look like a luxury brand package much more expensive than the grand total of £73.09 I spent on the phone, headphones and micro SD card + adapter. I've put a photo of the results in 'customer images' under the product photos at the top of this page. The green on the phone is actually chartreuse/lime green just as it appears in all of the pictures (in other words, it's yellow-green).

I'm not quite sure what one of the reviewers here meant about it being difficult to end calls; just press the big red screen-width bar at the bottom of the display with an icon of a hung-up phone in the middle of it.

The camera isn't impressive in dark lighting conditions, but that's true of pretty much all smartphones. The auto flash is only powerful enough to replicate what you actually see rather than illuminating the subject, which you may regard as a good thing or a bad thing.

As another reviewer stated, it's as good as a phone at least three times the price, but with the headphones I ordered it now looks very cool and like a phone at least five times the price. Although the back is plastic I'm assuming there's some silicon rubber in the mix because it's very tactile, doesn't slip and doesn't feel anywhere near as cheap as you might expect. The front is all gorilla glass. There is a slight creaking sound if you squeeze the phone in the middle, but I've found this to be the case with every phone with a removable back no matter what it costs. The only phones that don't do this are ones with a unibody design like the iPhone. It's very light, and has a dual SIM card slot, which many will find useful for splitting bills between work and friend/family calls.

As if to make up for the useless headphones included in the box there's a pretty cool transparent gel case which protects the back and sides of the phone, a nice touch. Also included of course is the charging cable, in this case with a male USB which fits into the female USB port of an LED-lit plug. There's also a spare battery, another nice touch. The minimalist, very solid white box with the silver logo that the phone comes in is also very nice if you were thinking of buying one of these as a present. Just make sure you order some decent matching headphones and a micro SD card at the same time (I suppose you could sneak them into the box in small clear plastic bags while removing the included rubbish headphones before you wrap it up!;-)).

In conclusion, what I ended up with was not at all bad for less than £75 in total from Amazon considering that what I effectively got was a phone package many would pay £225-£450 for. Just look at the major manufacturers' websites for proof.

Terrific value. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Competitive product, 22 Dec 2013
It meets my requirements. Ok. except for the low memory and coming without an sd card, its a great phone. The fact that insted of having two phones I have one with the dual sim card option serves me great. It compares well to other smart phones

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 22 Feb 2014
WOW, I'VE HAD THIS PHONE FOR NEARLY 2 MONTHS AND IT IS AS GOOD AS THE MORE EXPENSIVE BRANDS THAT COST TRIPLE THE PRICE!!.

PROS
- LOVELY DESIGN, BRILLIANT SCREEN RESOLUTION AND COLOUR
- GREAT SOUND QUALITY
- CHEAP!
- FAIRLY GOOD CAMERA (BUT U USE A PROPER CAMERA FOR THAT)
- EASY ACCESS TO INTERNET
- TOO MANY RINGTONES TO COUNT AND ALL BRILLIANT
- EASY ACCESS TO PLAY STORE WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD APPS WITH NO TROUBLE
- CAN ACCESS EMAILS SIMPLY AND EFFICIANTLY
- COMES WITH 2 BATTERIES
- HAS TO CARD SLOTS SO YOU CAN HAVE YOUR WORK AND PRIVATE ALL ON ONE PHONE!
- SO MANY MORE!

CONS
- CAMERA NOT GREAT
- NEEDS MORE STORAGE (YOU CAN BY MICRO SD CARDS THAT GO IN THE BACK OF THE PHONE)

BUY THIS PHONE, I PROMISE YOU WONT REGRET IT!!!
(MY BROTHER HAS ALREADY BROUGHT HIMSELF A BLUE ONE WICH IS GOING FINE)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 1 Jun 2014
I am very pleased with this phone after initially giving it a one star for non delivery. It has an easy start up menu and screen is nice and big,I agree with most reviewers you do need a memory card but I would highly recommend this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 7 May 2014
ShonaB (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I'm absolutely delighted with this phone. I wanted a fairly basic smartphone for as little money as possible and this was the best I could find. It's not got a great camera (but it's still OK). It's not quite as fast or with as much memory as some of the market leaders but at a fraction of the price it's a bargain.