4.0 out of 5 stars Iron Druid 4.5
Published 22 months ago by John Middleton

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok spose
I thought it was longer than it was as the preview for the next book, which I have read, took up space.
It was only so so. I guess it wasn't long enough to develop
the storyline.
Published 7 months ago by Paul

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Iron Druid 4.5, 4 Sep 2012
John Middleton (Brisbane, QLD, AUST) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Set 6 years after the events of Tricked, this is a little 90-odd page kindle-only novella, really a story of Atticus and the Morrigan dealing with old complications, and setting the scene a little for Book 5, Trapped, coming in November 2012. There is very little Oberon the wisecracking dog (although he does steal every scene he is in) and even less Granuaile. But there is method to this supposed madness of leaving out everyone's favourite sausage-loving canine and red-haired apprentice: we get to really focus on Atticus' past life, how he became the man he is, and his relationship with the Morrigan.

There a few interesting revelations, and some nice little character moments. Importantly too - and on a spoiler-free basis - some past history gets cleaned up in a more or less satisfactory and realistic fashion (given we are talking urban fantasy with gods and the Wild Hunt here).

Really, if you read and liked the Iron Druid Chronicles so far, this is worth reading: for a fistful of dollars you get an hour or so's entertainment, and a nice little look ahead at some of what will probably be relevant in book 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generous setup for the next book, 10 Oct 2012
I really like this series and even though I purchased this novella by mistake, I'm still pleased I did! It's a nice little story involving our favourite Druid spending some "quality time" with the Morrigan to heal his tattoos. The things I liked most about this book were the show of emotions from Atticus regarding Granwaile and Morrigan regarding her general personality traits. It's a nice, generous read preparing us for the next book, set 12 years after the last one. I love Hearne's wit, knowledge and all things Oberon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for Trapped, 10 Sep 2012
J. Reid (UK) - See all my reviews
A good taster and set up for the next Iron Druid novel and while it could have been included as a prologue to the next novel I appreciated being able to read it now. I can't wait for the outworking of Atticus' agreements in this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish this story was longer!, 19 May 2014
I absolutely loved this story, a perfect little fix in between full books. I enjoyed hearing the story of how Atticus came upon Immortali-tea, but my favourite part was the Monty Python references that had me sniggering out loud each time.
I only wish that this had been an entire novel, so I could read it for longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and ties up some loose ends, 28 April 2014
I read Trapped before this and am glad to say it ties up some otherwise loose ends that weren't properly explained in the main books. Loving Oberon as always!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok spose, 22 Dec 2013
It was only so so. I guess it wasn't long enough to develop
the storyline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Atticus, 28 Oct 2013
I really enjoy these books so would reccomend them - would like to hear more of Oberon's thoughts in the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting bridge, 15 Sep 2013
Good, but not as enjoyable as the rest of the series. It seems to lack a little of the depth that the other books have.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 28 July 2013
I have read a couple in the series - readable and easy going. Part of a genre that I like - probably motre aimed at young adult readers but still quite good for an older person!

5.0 out of 5 stars A short story with well known characters, 24 May 2013
Not sure if this would be good to read as a stand alone story as I really think you have to know the characters

But how many books have a wolf hound as a main character - I love Oberon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›