5.0 out of 5 stars BABAJACK
Published 8 months ago by pete clack

2.0 out of 5 stars Headline
I was expecting blues, and I got psychadelia with drum n bass. It gives me a headache. In fairness, I like the opening (title) track well enough.
Published 4 months ago by stuart grant

5.0 out of 5 stars BABAJACK, 29 Nov 2013
pete clack - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
The one thing yoiu can say about Babajack they truly are a breath opf fresh air on the blues scene, it's hard to believe there are only two of them,although for some gigs thesedays they have an added bass and drume,oh and the occasional cello. Live they are simply fantastic,every venue they play is packed, it's party time. Recently at a very rare pub gig these days,a packed house sang along to their version of 'Black Betty'.Add to that the ammount of awards they are winning in blues awards here and in europe. From one appearance in France this year they were booked to five major blues festivals.
Becky Tate (percussion & Vocals) and Trevor Steger (guitars- all of them homemade from wardrobe doors,old piano panels,wine crates and suchlike, harmonica and vocals) are the two that make up this band. Mostly self written or rearranged blues classics. One reviewer questioned whether this is blues, I respect that that, but blues has so many facits that definition is hard, so let's just say this is great music,superbly played and sung by one very popular act on the blues circuit, reaching many who would not normally turn out for a blues type gig. This is their forth album, the last one 'Rooster' won awards and several great reviews in the music press, but now we have 'Running Man', full of great songs,added by Tosh Murasse on drums and Adam Bertenshaw on bass, plus Julia Palmer on cello. Their cover of Son House's Death Letter,so popular at live gigs gets a chance to go to Cd with excellent results,All the rest (nine songs) are originals. Song's I've seen and heard them play live include standout's such as 'Running Man' the very catchy title track,'Rock n Roll Star','Coming Home','Hammer And Tongs', make this into one of the years stasndout releases that come next awards time will figure highly,press reviews again are glowing.
Sure I've seen them a few times,got to chat to them a couple of times recently, they are exited in what's happening. Hear this and you'll join the growing number of fans who rave about their music.
Do get to hear this,you'll love it then get 'Rooster' and hear their fabulous cover of 'Gallows Pole',for me the best version yet. A band on the up and with albums this good it's no wonder !

5.0 out of 5 stars Welsh Tim in Florida, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
Refreshing, that's what one review says and so right ... I did say when playing the c.d. for the first time to my darling wife, hey, this girl can sing! ... We do enjoy both US and UK blues as we are both ourselves and always consider early blues definitely of the US nature but would not take anything away from the British blues scene, mainly from the early 70s with the likes of Free and D. and the Dominoes and this very much falls into a nice niche of what was missing from the Brit blues scene of the time with the 'new' modern twist of things which is very much now, I'm glad to say, coming to fruition again after a big void ... I would love to see Babajack live and without getting there yet I know there would atmosphere, excitement and an element of mystery when I get there. Well done, love your stuff and keep rockin' ... by the way, I do have a spare wardrobe door if you ever run out of guitars! ...

5.0 out of 5 stars love the album, and all the others!, 6 Dec 2013
E. Beaumont (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
BabaJack are a great band. seen them lots of times live and met them. great music, great people. buy the cd you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb cd, 29 Nov 2013
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
I saw the band playing in oxford and had to have the CD but didnt have any money on me at the time. The tracks are wonderful ~ this is a superb cd

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great band, was lucky enough to see them live ..., 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
What a great band, was lucky enough to see them live very recently in Holmfirth. Love the music and Becky has a fantastic voice. The running man is a great cd, I can't stop playing it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Headline, 2 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Blues, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Running Man (Audio CD)
Sorry folks but this is not Blues music watt ever way you cut it ,it,s not a bad Rock c d ,but Blues no sorry at 62 and having started listening to the blues at 14_15 years old I can have my say interresting yes blues NO

Running Man