5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a complete set, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
I had read the first couple of books in this series and they cost around £3 each. I am trying to cut down on clutter so I buy kindle books where possible. The later books in the series were not available until the complete set were released. At £4.99 for all six books this was fantastic value.
I decided to read the whole series from the start and I enjoyed them. The books are quite bleak with lots of gory action, romance takes a back seat to the action so not a series for those looking for hearts and flowers. Plenty of angst though and I did find the middle books a little hard going as a result. On one hand it is refreshing that a hard hitting, bitchy woman who can face down a crowd of bad guys without hesitation is still somewhat unsteady with regards romance, on the other hand it gets a bit irritating that someone so full of confidence is in such a mess with regards her love life and self esteem. After one particularly angst ridden section I decided that Jill probably reflect the reality that no one is confident or skilled in all life areas. The last two books put all that behind them and for me make a much better read as a result.
Similar in some ways to the excellent Dante Valentine series and if aything I think I prefer Jill to Dante - both take on far more than they can realistically chew, both are a bit needy and both excel at kicking a***.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 7 Aug 2013
Marie B. Stein "mariestein" (England) - See all my reviews
Once I started reading the first story, I simply couldn't put the book down! The story just becoming more fun and intriguing through all six stories until the final novel which is one heck of a good climax! Ms Saintcrow knows how to spin a great yarn and certainlhy gripped my attention from the get-go.

This is one of my first forays into the supernatural urban fantasy world and I thoughroughly enjoyed it and will be coming back for in future. I've read the Dante Valentine novels and they were also great fun, but I think I preferred Jill Kismet's world.

For those of you who haven't read this genre before: there's a lot of very strong language and swearing, plus those of you who are religious might find certain aspects of the stories a bit challenging. But the stories are essentially a moral tale and it is Jill Kismet's job to hunt and kill the agents of evil. I think we all enjoy it when the good guys win!

Excellent value for money in the complete set. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 4 July 2013
Great read. Entertaining, gripping and a bit 'hot'! Good characters and exciting storyline. Really enjoy this authors books and recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
I really really love this series of books. I first read them years ago and I stepped out from reading crime to reading paranormal/urban fantasy fiction and that I will always thank Lilith Saintcrow. This new love for fiction. The action, descriptions and plot in these books are still as unique as when I first read them . Wonderful so glad to have them on my kindle. Loved them all again, a must read if you like action sword fighting gripping paranormal fiction. AWESOME

5.0 out of 5 stars Jill Kinsey, 5 Nov 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
I like to read all books in a series so I thought I would give these a try.
I wasn't 100% sure at first if it was for me but once I got into the first book I continued to enjoy it more. the books all follow on from each other which is great . for the price and the amount of books you get I can not complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars The whole series - great!!!!, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
I love anything written by this author and this is no exception. Kick ass heroine, demons, well hell breeds actually, mystery and romance. What's not to love? I can't say much without giving out spoilers . What I will say is - buy this series . You won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome a must read., 5 May 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
This is the first books I've ever read by this author. I really enjoyed the books and recommend them to people who are into stories about weres and demons and other urban fantasy creatures. I would give the series of books 5 stars but can't as I got confused quite a bit of it and I had to look up words i didn't know in the dictionary. There's also Spanish words in the stories and I didn't know what they meant without looking them up in an English/Spanish dictionary as well. I read a lot of books and am quite educated but I felt a bit stupid while reading the books. I like the writing style of this author and I like the way the writing wasn't being repeated continuously. I would recommend these books and will read more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
One of my favourite series. Loved the character and storyline development . So sorry this series ended I could have read about Jill and Co for a long long time .

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass heroin who takes no prisoners, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
Jill Kismet is a great heroin. She is strong, takes no prisoners but still learns to love and be loved despite a traumatic past. Throughout all the books is a great story of condemnation and redemption. It is worth having the whole series, because when you start you will want to finish them. Jill Kismet is much less damaged than Dante Valentine, but still strong, capable and dangerous. A Dante on her meds. A must for everyone who enjoys a capable, powerful heroin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Jill Kismet: The Complete Series (Kindle Edition)
Saintcrow's heroins are always bad-ass and emotionally broken. Kissmet is no exception. The overarching storyline is interesting and in some places subtly played out. If you like fun romps, slaying hellbreed and solving crimes Kismet is your girl. Saintcrow needs to watch her repetition a bit between books, but as long as we keep seeing fun heroins, who am I to complain?

Jill Kismet: The Complete Series