on 26 January 2014
Not many crochet books or patterns can compete with how wonderfully illustrated this one is! Alongside lovely photos of the finished pieces from all angles (something many other books don't actually include), there are detailed illustrations to help assemble the animals, with exact placements of stitches shown and all techniques explained. The patterns are suitable for a beginner (although some will require more patience than others as they have fiddly bits) but experienced crocheters like myself will find plenty to amuse them! I'm looking forward to taking this on my daily commute tomorrow :)
on 8 February 2014
Good easy to follow instructions. I have already made a polar bear. And a kangaroo. Although I wish I'd brought in paperback instead of kindle. A lot of flicking is not ideal with the kindle
on 14 November 2013
This will keep me out of mischief for many a month! All the animals are very clever, lots of detailing and very true to life.
A small point. I bought this reduced from Amazon, now I either didn't read the small print somewhere or there was none, but the book was reduced because the middle section of the book was loose. I glued it back in, but I'm glad the book wasn't a present.
on 24 April 2014
I was tasked with crocheting an elephant and this book gave me the perfect solution. Easy to follow instructions and the end results were a great talking point
on 18 November 2013
The instructions use american abbreviations for stitches, but this isn't a problem because there are full instructions in the front of the book.
on 10 November 2013
Excelent Book!! Everything is wonderful! It explains very well every proyect. Beautiful pictures. I love this book, I recommend it a lot.
on 3 October 2014
My best amazon buy so far. As someone who has never crocheted, this book taught me everything I needed to know for every aspect of the design and was easy to follow. Nothing is left out. The animals are adorable and the finished projects are all identical to the illustrations. The only negative, everyone who sees them wants me to make them one! :)
on 11 July 2013
I am a beginner and I've always fancied doing this sort of crochet. As there is only one real stitch to master, I think that I might be able to have my own zoo in a short while. I have been doing the bear, but I can't wait to be confident enough to do the giraffe. The book is lovely and the pictures are great, if you want to try making little beauties like this I can recommend this book to you.
on 10 November 2013
This book is crammed with loads of cute cuddly zoo animals and their keepers. By the end of January I'll have ten grandchildren and guess what they're getting for yule and probably their next birthdays as well? The patterns are clear and well written, its just a lovely book.
on 4 June 2014
I have only just bought this book but I must say that the animals etc are fascinating
I often have to use parties of the patterns as I make hand puppets for charity
Christmas boxes for children .
I just can't wait to get started
Anne