4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended Product
Have purchased similar priced tablets in past year, so wasn't expecting a high spec unit to arrive as I'm aware of the cheap construction at these prices.
Published 10 months ago by sarah

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS!!!
Published 15 months ago by y brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended Product, 7 Sept. 2014
However, upon opening the box I was extremely surprised. The unit is roughly the size of you're standard paperback book so very easy and comfortable to hold in one hand, very lightweight also. The back cover is a nice smooth shiny white plastic, but does not feel thin or flimsy like most backings. It fits snugly to the screen with no nasty ridges around the glass. The camera lens has a nice chrome look surround to it too, which is a nice finishing touch.
The screen is a nice size with minimal framing round the edges, so has a large display area for its size.
The unit is fairly quick in operation and despite the initial updates upon switching it on the unit showed very little evidence of lagging or processing difficulty.
The screen image is crisp and clear and handles high graphic games and plays excellent quality video with no problems.

The unit does only come with 1G of storage but does have a Micro SD slot to expand this.
We downloaded 15 average data games from playstore , several books, and some music files and still had not used it all. So for many, a memory expansion would not be needed.
The sound quality is good, and pretty good volume for size, and comes with a good quality pair of in-ear "gummy" style headphones. It also comes with the mains charger and brief instructions.

All in All, with my limited "tech" knowledge this unit has surpassed all my expectations of build quality and performance Vs price. And I would happily recommend this unit to both young and old if looking for a first or cheap quality tablet.
My only reason for not giving this 5 stars was that my unit had a minor factory assembly issue, which took very little effort to amend. Other than that, I am am very happy with the item and would easily give it 5 stars.
Highly Recommended product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for my son to use for his first tablet, 18 Jun. 2014
Very pleased with this purchased this is for my 6 year sons birthday in a couple of weeks. Very easy to set up have downloaded apps from google play already no problems so far. No problems connecting to the internet the instructions that came in the box are not very useful but if you know what you are doing it is a breeze to get set up. Delivery was very quick came with in 2 days of ordering and included a screen protector which I was very pleased to find. For a basic tablet from what I have seen so far it is a very good buy and I am very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 18 April 2014
This is an impressive device for its price, bought it for my teenage daughter and so far no complaints camera is not the best but it's OK for skyping. Internet seems fine , its a nice looking tablet and very easy to use, overall I'm very happy with it and if your looking for a cheap but useable tablet I would recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant service and product, 30 July 2014
This review is from: Prontotec 7 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen Tablet Pc, Cortex A8 Dual Core 1.2 Ghz, Android 4.2.2, 4GB, Ddr3 512MB Ram, Dual Camera, Wi-fi, G-sensor (Pink)
Had problems to start with it but a quick response sorted the problems highly recomended will buy again in the near future

5.0 out of 5 stars ... so I got me a pink one my kids love them it keeps them quite for hours so I'm ..., 28 July 2014
I got myself a tablet and my partner wanted one so I got him this one it dose every think a top name one does so I got me a pink one my kids love them it keeps them quite for hours so I'm going to get another 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 7" Tablet for all round purpose., 11 April 2014
rpv (California) - See all my reviews
Length:: 9:04 Mins

I purchased and reviewed Black color in US website. Since this is same one with color change, I have my video review also. ProntoTec Q8 7 inch Dual Core Tablet is a very good value in price per performance. It has 4 GB SDRAM. After installing bunch of applications, I still had available 2 GB. This runs Android 4.2.2. Android. I have been using for 3 days with no issues. The performance of this box is great and I have used browser/email/games like Temple run as well as puzzle games. I will go into the specifications and review based on my user experience. You can see in my video review the game of Temple Run Oz.

Most of tablets have ARM based processors. This makes sure all of the Apps in Google Play ecosystem are available. This has Cortex A8 Dual Core 1.2 GHz. If you look at my video review, I have screenshots showing the CPU speed and other kernel details. The screen is 800 x 480 Pixels and has a RAM of 512MB. This supports a wireless and cellular with Wi-Fi (802.11 BGN) and Support for 3G Dongles. Settings page has a IMEI number already assigned. Tablet has 2 cameras - Front 0.3M/Rear 2M. There is a built-in 2800mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery. Battery came for a good 5 hours with moderate usage. Battery usage really depends on how heavy you use the system. Overnight it drained very less. Mobile Networking was on by default. I switched off as I was using only Wi-Fi mode. I suggest you go to Settings and tweak things which are not required. Developer Mode was enabled by default. I turned it off. The capacitive touch screen was really good, some occasions I had to press little harder and at right locations, but pinch-zoom, highlight, Copy-Paste all worked very well.

It is great the tablet has HDMI interface along with micro USB Port, 3.5-mm stereo Headphone Jack, built-in speaker, microphone, micro SD card slot and a DC Input Jack. Note that for powering through wall adapter you need to use the provided DC input jack. I was surprised with the HDMI port inclusion and I can connect this to a HDMI capable monitor or any HDTV. Speaker was loud enough. IN a room, once I keep the tablet in a stand it was good. Speaker is on the backside, so you don't want to lie this down on back as it will hamper the audio coming out. This is a design that I hope Android tablets change in coming months/years.

Android tablets are really customizable to your heart's content. It is here where ProntoTec shines. Using a native Android 4.2.2, they have achieved something at a low cost. This can have a very wide reaching audience. In many countries, where affordability is key, having a tablet like this with Wi-Fi is a big boon. Imagine having entire Wikipedia at your fingertips for a child. I tried few educational applications on this. I consider this as a big hit with educators than gamers.

I tried Google Voice Search and asked "what is capital of United States". The voice recognition part was great and it was able to recognize and dictate the answer. I also tried Wolfram Alpha and asked bunch of questions. E.g., what is world population, what is population of China etc? The microphone picked up correctly and answered through Wolfram Alpha. Apps like Calculator, Gmail performed flawlessly.

I watched multiple video through few applications. Obvious first choice was YouTube. Was able to search and watch videos. I used TwIT.TV app and watched some segments of a podcast (video streaming through wifi). Again smooth playback. Handholding is really easy given the weight of it. It was a colorful blue; no heat observed handholding the tablet. It is plastic, and buttons are made of plastic. For a kid, this is perfect also though the feature set is equally appealing to an adult. I was so enamored with low cost computers in late 90s and it seems I am reliving them with tablet. If you want to listen to podcasts/watch video then this is perfect. Just keep it in a stand and connect to power. See my video review to get an idea of what I am referring to.

For a computer geek, it is a challenge to design something with minimal resources - screen resolution, RAM, storage, chipset. ProntoTec has designed a tablet with budget conscious customer in mind. Out of the box, it worked to my satisfaction given the specification and price. Once powered on, it directly came to a working condition. No need to setup account prior to using. I signed with wifi, the wifi router was in one bedroom. I configured in another room separated by two rooms. There was no issue with wifi signal. Once connected, I created a Google account as well. I generated a Application Specific password as I had 2 factor authentication. Once signed on, I updated applications like YouTube, Google Keyboard etc. I also downloaded few applications like TwitT.TV, Tetris from EA, etc. I downloaded Chrome and browsed few websites. Listened to Audio / Watched Video. Out of the box battery needed a full charge. Initially without charge, I did a video stream and wanted to see how device shutdown. Sure enough it shut down as battery drained. Powered on after charging and everything was fine.

I am impressed enough at the engineering for the price/value/budget it delivers. Cortex-A8 Processor is an ARM Cortex(tm)-A8 processor, based on the ARMv7 architecture, has the ability to scale in speed from 600MHz to greater than 1GHz. The Cortex-A8 processor can meet the requirements for power-optimized mobile devices needing operation in less than 300mW; and performance-optimized consumer applications requiring 2000 Dhrystone MIPS. This is from ARM specification. ProntoTec has pulled in many off the shelf components and assembled at a terrific value. I was particularly interested how it performs to streaming video. That is the golden test and it performed beautifully!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying, 26 Jun. 2014
This is a brilliant product and its worth the value i bought it as a present for a friend and every detail quoted is exactly how it is.
Very happy with it .will definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Jun. 2014
Bought for a friend and they love it. They have used it loads of times with no worries so very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars pronto 7 inch tablet, 27 April 2014
Bought it for my family.wasn't sure about the cheaper price, but it didn't disappoint. It does the same as any tablet bought extra memory .so I would recommend pronto to everyone

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS!!!, 4 May 2014
Charged it on day 1, day 2 would switch on but stuck on start screen then day 3 wouldnt switch on at all despite being fully charged. Very poor instruction leaflet - very small writing and cheap looking. Contacted company through amazon on day 2 and they told me they would refund me 65% of total cost as would cost more to ship it back and i stupidly agreed to it so, yes, i got partial refund but for a tablet which doesnt work at all - im still out of pocket. Do not buy this!!!