5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Having never built a computer from scratch I decided on going pre-built and came across this particular computer on Amazon.

Published 10 months ago by Nick A

3.0 out of 5 stars Good initial setup, poor bundle
Published 1 month ago by Sogni Distopici

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: NEW R9 270X 2GB GRAPHICS GAMING PC PRE-INSTALLED WITH WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64bit (FX-8350 Eight Core 4.2GHz Processor - Asus M5A78L/M-USB3 Motherboard, AMD Radeon R9 270X 2GB Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 RAM Memory, 24x DVDRW, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0, WiFi, CORSAIR 550W Gaming PSU, Corsair Carbide SPEC-03 Red Led Mid Tower Gaming Case) (Personal Computers)

The build quality is good, the cable management (which is normally an extra cost when ordering from some other places) is well done. The case is well ventilated with a large side grill and it seems that they replaced the stock fan that came with case and replaced it with another one (though I can't be 100% on that). The graphics card is great, came with 3 free games that are easily redeemable on the AMD website. It came with a Asus R9 270X DirectCU II TOP that comes with proprietary software for easy overclocking (I've read reviews on this particular card and all seems well), the card is quiet whilst playing games (though I don't know how loud it will be when overclocking), and can easily handle last gen games at 1080p and well over 60FPS. As for up and coming games and ones that will be a bit more demanding, I tried BF4 on this and it all seemed good running on Ultra & 1080p, it hovered for the most part around 50-60 FPS, ocassionally dipping at some points. I really have no issues at all, and the price as it is makes it excellent value, a quick search and I don't think you could have got it much cheaper than it is. It's a really good PC if you are looking for something decent to start off with that will guarantee solid performance for a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scared me for a moment.., 7 April 2014
So, after a extra day or two for the PC to arrive (It happens, no-one's fault), I was pretty excited to get home to unbox the beauty.

So, I cracked open the master box, and in it lay boxes for all the components. My heart sunk. I thought I was getting a fully built PC, but because of the component boxes, I thought I'd have to build everything. I cursed under my breath, thinking that it was just my luck..

Well, after digging around and opening a few boxes, I realised the PC was fully built.. I was just an idiot. They included the boxes of all the components for your own sake.. As I opened the biggest box inside the master box, I saw the glorious beast staring at me. My heart started to race with excitement as I pulled the PC out of the box. It was beautiful. A little bigger than I anticipated, but that's fine by me.

After doing the initial installs for a new PC and setting up a few things, I decided to stress test it a little. I booted up Skyrim without any mods, to see how it ran.. It was 10x better than the console version I was used to (running at Ultra High at a steady 60fps). One day later, I'd added a few mods to Skyrim, and gave it another go.. I was blown away at how well it was all running, and how quietly too. This PC is incredible, especially taking in to account what you get for the price you pay.

I've only had one issue, and that's the screen res, but that's on my end, and in no way the fault of the PC.

So, despite my initial fright, I am happy as can be with this PC. If you want a gaming PC for a modest price, this is the one to go for. Excellent job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good initial setup, poor bundle, 5 Oct 2014
The machine itself is pretty powerful but I sicerely expected, for the price payed, a better bundle in terms of cables: no HDMI, no molex for eventual additional HD and no modular cables for the power supply that is stable but it looks like something out from the Victorian age plus, no Windows 7 home premium OEM disk (at least, a backup copy...c'mon guys I had to download it!).
The internal setup is clearly designed for one OS solution but after few hours I accomplished in what exactly needed. Two HD, two oses, one boot loader (managed by Grub, linux Ubuntu distro).
The processor is powerful and extremely full of potential that maybe we will never get it on windows environments. It tends to be almost embarassing in single operations, a lot way better in multitasking. 8 cores seems promising anyway. Motherboard is rock solid, I'm happy with it. Video card, the same, but it seems to be even more "immature" for win and linux due to the latest disastrous, embarassing drivers but this is about ATI tech and not the guys who gently assembled this, of course. RAM is unknown for me but does the job, it seems a very stable value one. Audio only tested with headphone set (Turtle Beach P11) and everything fine. Internet Wireless is comfortable (I got an internal solution, differently from what I've read from others, before buying) and enough stable with a pretty much standardized antenna.

The solution is very good for gamers, enough for all around consumer like me but we must consider a minimum bundle in terms of disks and cables (total absence for the only exception of the mobo) that, to be honest, is not a shame if the technician provides at least with a HDMI cable, one DVI and a couple of disks for utilities, softwares and main OS backup in case of boot loader failure or something. Will be appreciated for the next customers, just sayin'! ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gaming PC, 31 Aug 2014
Delivery was quick and everything was in perfect condition. The actual PC its self was better than expected. Runs all the games I wanted it to on Ultra settings in 1080p HD. Its looks really cool with the Lights and you can barely hear it when its on!! Overall a great PC and great service from ADMI. (They responded to my email in a matter of hours and it was the weekend) 5 Stars and would definitely recommend!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value., 1 Jun 2014
I have waited a few weeks to review my purchase, to make it more valid than my initial impresion of "Wow what a s
Stunning Machine" . Well after a lot of MMO gaming at very high frame rates, and a fair bit of Graphic and Web design work, all I can say is "Wow what a Stunning Machine!" Delivered on time, it has performed faultlessly, well done ADMI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived within the timescales and as described. Playing all ..., 2 July 2014
Arrived within the timescales and as described. Playing all my games now without any problems. The info sheet about setting up and connecting the computer was really helpful too and saved trawling through manuals.
Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars PROBLEMS!!, 20 Nov 2014
I ordered this gaming PC for my son from ADMI on 10th November 2014. It arrived 9 days later on 19th November 2014. On opening the package things were looking good. The case was of good design and the build quality seemed fine.

However, on trying to start up the PC that’s where our problems began. On booting the PC the BIOS splash screen and the Windows 7 initialisation screen were both showing corrupted graphics; which is never a good sign. On trying to proceed to windows set up the PC would only show the start up graphic before reverting to a black screen and stopping there. Called ADMI that same night but their line was closed. So I called them this morning from work and was told they would not do anything until I was with the machine and they could do their diagnostics/fault find. So I had to leave work early in order to call them before their line closed again.

On the call I was asked to open the case, remove the graphic card, close the case again and connect my display to the graphics output on the motherboard. The machine booted up correctly; displaying correct graphics. So the technician on the call determined that the gaming graphics card was faulty.

I was given 3 options.
1. Get a return label emailed to me so I could package the card up and post it via Royal Mail back to them. Once they had received the card in the next few days only then would they post a replacement to me. As you might imagine I was concerned how long this would all take and was surprised that since they had already determined the card was faulty they could not immediately send me a new card whilst the faulty one was being returned. Apparently this is not their “company policy”.
2. Return the faulty PC for a refund and wait for a period of up to 28 days for my money to be returned to me. I don’t think I can afford to have ADMI hanging onto my £600 for a period of up to a month!
3. Have the PC picked up next day by DPD and shipped back to them for repair. But apparently they have a “backlog” right now and they cannot guarantee how long it will take for the repair to be completed and the PC returned to me. This in itself doesn’t seem like a very attractive prospect.

However, I did choose option 3, return for repair, for several reasons. I can’t afford for ADMI to hang onto my £600 for up to a month. Option 3 gets the PC back to ADMI in just a day or so instead of packaging and posting graphics cards and waiting. But also all the technician proved was that the PC operated correctly without the card installed. While that would usually indicate a fault with the card it is just possible that there is a fault with the slot on the motherboard or the motherboard itself. So I could possibly go through the hassle of returning the graphics card; experience all that additional delay and be no further forward.

So I chose repair and return and ADMI have emailed me to say a pick up will be done sometime between 9am and 5pm tomorrow. Which isn’t exactly convenient? Also their email, sent via Amazon, did say “Once we receive this back we will attempt to repair this as quickly as possible but given it is the Christmas period we do have a back log.” Which doesn’t exactly sound promising?

So if you are considering ordering from this company, especially for Christmas, you need to bear a couple of things in mind.
1. If your PC arrives with a fault. You will be expected to open it up and swap components in and out to help them diagnose the fault. So you might need some PC knowledge and be able to use a screwdriver?
2. They will not do a swap out to put things right immediately. You will have to get the PC or the faulty components back to them before they will send a replacement for the faulty goods they have sent you. This will all take time.
3. If your goods do arrive damaged/faulty and require repair then you might not want to order for Christmas from them. Because, as their email states they have a “backlog” and cannot say how long repairs will take?

As you will imagine, my review for the moment gives only 1 star. If they manage to repair my PC and return it to me in working order then I might reappraise that view.

I will keep you posted on how long the repair takes and if it is successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 31 Oct 2014
A friend recommended this particular model to me a few weeks ago now. It took me a week or so to look around and compare with other products (As you should always do), and the first thing that stood out to me was the price. Other Towers offering relatively similar hardware were a lot more expensive, so with regard to money saving this was a bargain.
With regard to performance I have had no issues whatsoever. I purchased this primarily for PC Gaming and work - so I needed it to perform to a high standard (Which it does very well), I have played Skyrim and Alien Isolation so far on the highest settings and everything runs smooth - No frame rate issues or glitches.
I have read multiple reviews on Amazon for this particular model and a lot of people are saying the Unit produces a lot of noise - I have had no such problem so far, and I would say it has run quietly even when playing recently released more graphically demanding games.
The only issue I had was immediately corrected, as I was busy and missed their call, they endeavoured to contact me multiple times (Which I appreciated), and even through this, the product was delivered to me on time.
Upon opening the box I was initially phased with all the boxes inside of boxes, thinking I would actually have to piece everything together myself - but they just included all the boxes for product information and the only thing I had to do was connect the graphics card up (Which was super easy after watching a couple of run throughs online).
Overall - If you are like me, being new to PC's and PC gaming, this product was perfect, and runs better than I could have hoped!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and then some...., 5 July 2014
It arrived here in France very quickly and I was really happy to find that everything was set up with windows 7 installed and only needing activating, which was easy to do with the activation info sticker posted on the side of the computer. I needed only to plug in with the supplied power cord and transfer files from my old computer.

So having had it now for a few weeks, what can I say other then I love my new computer! It runs Skyrim on Ultra High settings like a dream with a good load of mods at a consistent 60 FPS in exteriors, rarely dropping more then a couple of FPS below that. It loads the plethora of programs I need for modding, super fast. Everything runs beautifully and amazingly fast in comparison to my old computer. I will also second those that have mentioned the good ventilation and the really nice case.

I am very glad that after much debating over this and another cheaper but less powerful computer by the same company, I opted to spend the extra for the better processor and graphics card. This computer does everything I need and more, I am very, very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 25 Mar 2014
this product is excellent i would highly recommend this product also attentive seller who called and couldnt be more helpful its sturdy great spec looks good and excellent gaming pc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›