5.0 out of 5 stars light and tough
In respect of sizing: I have a pair of Merrell Yokota Pulse at size 10 which are a good fit and these at 9.5 which are also a good fit, but feel slightly looser than my older size 10. My shoe size is from 9 to 10 depending on the manufacturer.

Published 4 months ago by SBno1

I've been after a pair of Merrell shoes for a while as I am on my feet all day when working and their comfort has always been recommended. Seeing this pair on special I thought I'd invest and find out for myself.
I should have sent them back straight away but as is the way with footwear the proof is in the wearing so I thought I'd give them a go.
Big...
Published 2 months ago by SGGW

5.0 out of 5 stars light and tough, 12 Aug 2014
SBno1 - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

These shoes have the same sole and inner ans the Yokota Pulse. It seems the only difference is the make up on the outside.

They are good for walking on Tarmac and the tread and suspension is lasting far better than I thought they would considering I walk a fast pace at around 0.7 miles per 10 mins. I haven't taken them off road yet, but if they are like the Yokota Pulse they will fair well.

They are comfortable for prolonged use. My usual walk is around 1 to 1.5 hours, but the longest I have walked in them is a straight 4 hours. I have also had them on for a straight 10 hours in one day and had no fatigue in my feet. So far no blisters :D

I am very pleased with them. I had an absolute bargain with them at the current price of 28 GBP. Might be worth grabbing a pair now before the price creeps back up.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... day when working and their comfort has always been recommended. Seeing this pair on special I thought I'd ..., 7 Oct 2014
Big mistake.
Clonky although I'm sure sturdy would be the preferred description.
I've worn them once and in an hour and 15 minutes they'd crippled my feet. Blisters in several places.
No traction on wet tarmac which makes it very hard work to walk on. Almost every step I found my feet slipping as I tried to push off.
Narrow, rounded soles at the heel which makes them prone to roll and ankle twisting - a design fault that I find hard to believe any walking shoe has built in.
This created a distrust in them on practically every footfall for me. In my opinion the sole puts the wearer slightly off balance as they are rather high/deep which adds to the sense of impending ankle doom.
With hindsight I'd rather saved myself the money and sent them back. As it is I'm tempted just to send them back to Amazon anyway as a statement since I don't believe them fit for purpose.
I would not, for one instance recommend these to anyone.
All I can be thankful for is that I didn't take them on a job.
So disappointed was I that for once I am actually writing a review of a product
That said, there is no fault on Amazon's part - their services are, as ever, fantastic. This is more a comment on what I consider to be very poor product design.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and value, 24 Aug 2014
First time buyer of Merrell's and they are a brilliant combination of build quality, price, fit and colour. People in Work were amazed to find out how much they didn't cost and being plain black suits me nicely.

Comfy did I mention that ? So they are a great combination of build quality, price, fit, colour and comfort! they were able to cope with the demands placed on them and feel I could walk all day in them,

Hopefully they will be as good as the Asics I had which are sadly now consigned to gardening duty after many years great service:-(

Would I recommend - yes.

4.0 out of 5 stars How long will they last?, 1 Aug 2014
These shoes fitted well as soon as I put them on. So far they have been comfortable to wear and good support. My last pair of Merrell's, which was NOT this model, gave poor support and wore out quite quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit comfortably and nice to walk on, 21 July 2014
Fit comfortably and nice to walk on. Very good for the price, which I've paid and could not be better. The parcel is well wrapped as usual and delivered by a polite person.

4.0 out of 5 stars great shoes for £30, 16 July 2014
Good quality shoes. No vibram soles but for £30 I really can't complain. They are light weight but sturdy and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable walking shoe, 21 Aug 2014
I have broad feet, just under the limit were I would have to pay road tax. These Merrell are very comfortable and seem to be good quality. Unlike lessor brands which have cheap and thin in-soles these absorb uneven surfaces. Ideal footwear for city walking and country walks but probably not 100% water proof if you are a hard core rambler.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice walking shoes but sizing wrong., 1 Aug 2014
I bought these shoes because I like Merrell shoes and these had been reduced from £80 to £34. But the sizing was wrong and these were just too big. I know that I usually need to buy approach/hiking shoes a half or full size bigger than my normal street shoes. I usually take size 8-8.5 in street shoes, and size 9 in hiking shoes.
I bought a pair of Merrell Moab Ventilator shoes in size 9 through Amazon two weeks ago which fitted me perfectly. So when I saw these advertised for £34 I thought they would be a good buy. But when they arrived they were too big even with my thickest pair of walking socks, and way too big with the trainer liners I usually wear with walking shoes in the summer.
I had to reluctantly return them. I might try buying the size 8.5 if they are reduced to the £25-35 that Amazon are asking for this range, but the size 8.5 are at £45 currently.
Apart from the sizing the shoes seemed good quality. I have always found Merrell shoes comfortable and hard wearing so these are good value if you can get the right size.
I don't know if I was just unlucky with this pair or if this range or batch has been wrongly sized, and reduced in price as a result. It might just have been this pair as they seemed to have been previously returned - the box had been taped up. I will try the 8.5 size, or even try the size 8 as they would seem to be 1cm shorter which I think might be right, though I am now wary about the sizing. It is good that is easy to return the shoes and get a refund, and they were delivered in two days from Germany, which was excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart and Practical, 19 Aug 2014
Given the comments we often get about Merrell shoes the first thing to say is that my size 7s fit nice and snug with a pair of running socks - a good positive fit as needed for uneven walks. But if you're a hiker who prefers good old thick walking socks then you may need to go up half-a-size.

The uppers are smart and stylish two-tone black and charcoal and could easily pass for a simple casual shoe. But when you stride out on the roads or trail then you get the nice thick but forgiving heel and sole making the walk comfortable but positive.

At Amazon prices, these are Karrimor busters!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain and great fit, 30 Aug 2014
Paul Jacobs "snapper" (uk) - See all my reviews
Feels the same fit as my Moab merrells at less than half the cost. My feet are really wide and struggle to get a good fit. As with most merrells, go for 1 size larger