5.0 out of 5 stars Fun but tricky!
Zumba World Party is a lot better graphically than Zumba Fitness 2. There are so many different styles of dance to choose from and you can choose the length and intensity of your class, even customise a class playlist.

Published 11 months ago by Louisa

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough improvements
Published 11 months ago by zannazannza

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough improvements, 23 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zumba World Party - Bundle Pack with Belt Accessory (Nintendo Wii) (Video Game)
I have 4 Zumba Wii games and belts. And I can see they are all different and yes I do like the variety of types and age of songs, some very new songs, e.g. Daddy Yankee, various Pitbull inclusions and Lady Gaga, Emeli Sande. I like the graphics in term of real looking people. Also I like the variety of types of dance. I prefer the shorter gap between the tracks, less of the character jumping about and posing.

But I am really disappointed that the belt hasn't been improved other than to stiffen the Velcro a little, which will soften in time. It is still not fit for purpose. What about having wrist and ankle sensors and a sensore for each side of your hip? I am a stand UK 14 and find it is too big over my hips leaving only about an inch of Velcro to secure it. I have to constantly reposition and tighten the belt and the relative position of the remote, sometimes during a track. I also have to move the position of the belt and remote depending which the track is on. I have done at least one long length routine 4 days a week since it was given as Christmas present, with an extra world tour in for good measure.

Even though I am working really hard with both the easy and hard choreography, (sweating like a good 'un), it is so temperamental and doesn't always 'hit' the mark even though I feel I am very accomplished with the amount of effort I put in and the technique.

For example, the warm down `True to myself' I have to wearing the remote almost touching my leg and moving like an overacting ham actor to get any joy! I don't know whether it is anything to do with the subtlety of some of the movements or what.

Or in the slower female Hawaiian dance the `Haleiwa Hula', it is almost impossible to gain any nice, good, or excellent flashes without dislocating a hip.
`Russian dances', `Limbo' and `Shake you hips' (amongst many others) are very difficult to improve technique, it's not got difficult steps but as you are jumping around either the belt moves, the remote of both throughout... I've also noticed though a new of the tracks, I repeat part of the routine perfectly well once then when I do the same again no joy and the backing dancers disappear, so disheartening, even sometimes holding the remove tightly against me and working really hard. It is so frustrating. I've started whole set routine 2 or 3 times just to get the first few songs to register any movement because the belt and remote are in the wrong place. I've tried new batteries, and it's only me who uses the remote, I don't want to have to get a new remote, but I might have to.

I also don't understand the calorie burn number. Have they just pulled a number out of the air? I have done routines on Zumba Core and apparently have burnt over 700 calories, but on World Party, can't even scratch 400 and yes the routines are shorter, (but more of them in a set selection) they are of much higher difficulty.
I would also like to be able to download the tracks from Amazon or I-Tunes to add to my music playlists, but can only access about half.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing :-(, 13 Jan 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
My husband got me this for Christmas and I have to say that I was disappointed with this game. I liked the newly designed belt as my wii remote sits nice and snug in the belt and I like the graphics but unfortunately the song choices for this game was a little boring. I prefer the zumba 2 for the wii and wished that I got my husband to purchase the zumba core instead which looks much better and has better music instead of the world party. I wanted a zumba game that was uptodate which is why I got the world party. I could see that the zumba team wanted to give us something different but I have more fun with the zumba around the world on the Zumba Exhilarate dvd 'Mix'.

To summarise, I'm still a big fan of Zumba, but unfortunaely this game did not do it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun but tricky!, 3 Jan 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

I've had 3 goes so far and some of the moves are tricky to pick up and will require several goes, but there is a section which breaks down the steps which is helpful.

All in all, a feel good workout!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 8 Jun 2014
This is nowhere near as good as Zumba core, you can do the moves perfectly but it doesn't register the graphics are better and some better features eg how many songs left on the workout but overall this is my least favourite of the the series

3.0 out of 5 stars ) the songs and dances are not as good as Zumba 2 and Zumba Core it is a ..., 28 July 2014
I got this as I have all the other 3, apart from a few improvements(tells you how many songs left etc.) the songs and dances are not as good as Zumba 2 and Zumba Core it is a bit more difficult to register your moves even when doing this right.

3.0 out of 5 stars Grows on you, 2 Oct 2014
Mrs. D. J. Smith "eowyngreenleaf" (Luton, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have all four of the Zumba games for the Wii. This one has been growing on me, but there are still some tracks I don't really care for and sometimes it seems well nigh impossible to score on a particular move - and reading other comments I'm sure it's not just me! On previous games I could regularly score 5 starts fairly easily after a few runs through the choreography, but that seems to elude me here - frustrating! The worst ones for not being even able to hit a 'Nice' let alone a 'Zumba' is pretty much all of 'Born this Way' and almost every check to the right on 'Got to be True to Myself'.

To start with I did find it a bit too 'busy' when you did get all the backing dancers and the graphics in - especially in Puerto Rico - but you do get used to this. the graphics have improved as it now filmed against green screen instead of as stop motion - although I don't know how the tracking for your motion is done!

A few things in there that are not really 'traditional' Zumba, some I don't mind but the Hawaii ones I find a bit boring and same-y. They are not cardio and not working your core, so other than a bit of recovery, I can't really see the point.

Still, I'm hoping for another release sometime soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Zumba, 9 Jan 2014
The graphics are great the only thing I've found so far is that they instructor/dancer is sometimes a little far away so it's hard to see the moves but there may be a way to change it but I haven't looked yet. It tells you how many songs you've got left on your routine which is handy but as you don't know how long each song is I'm not sure if it's of use. Overall great music and challenging routines

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I purchased this as it is a fun way ..., 24 Sep 2014
Glad I purchased this as it is a fun way of doing some exercise. I would say that some of the songs aren't great and it could of done with some more well known songs, but all in all, it was worth the buy and I had a good giggle trying it out with the family.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 7 Jan 2014
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Having really enjoyed the previous Zumba titles, I was eagerly anticipating the world party release. But it is quite a let down on various levels. I understand that it's aim is to incorporate as many different types of music and dance influences but I don't think it works as a whole.
Some of the music is actually quite cheesy and it feels very dated, then the odd track like Lady Gaga is thrown in. Quite a few of the songs are quite short and the gap between tracks is now much shorter and before you would have time to take a drink of water, there is no time at all now and so you have to keep pausing the game.
Apart from the graphics and the improvement with the dancers - they look more like real people (and on an even more positive note, some of them are not that skinny and are more representative of the population), there are no improvements to the menus or session times - I would have liked more variety with the session lengths.
Also I think the dance moves have taken a step backwards and I don't feel like you get the same variety and workout as with previous games, some of them are quite repetitive.

I suppose it's probably my taste in music as I really dislike a lot of the tracks and so find it hard to enjoy. I think Zumba core was a much better all round workout.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 14 Oct 2014
Does not work in my wii!

Zumba World Party - Bundle Pack with Belt Accessory (Nintendo Wii)
Used & New from: £42.50