Style Name: Night Breaker Unlimited|Size: Double blister|Change

on 3 November 2013
Let me start off by saying that having used them on our last two cars, I'm a huge fan of the Osram Night Breaker Plus 64150NBP H1 12V 55W Twin Pack of Headlight Bulbs - they really do make the standard OEM bulbs look like candles, without blinding oncoming traffic.

I recently took ownership of a new car and was once again amazed at how dim the OEM headlights are!

With winter well on it's way, I logged onto Amazon to order a replacement set of the usual NightBreaker Plus bulbs. While I was looking for the correct model (H1), I stumbled across these NightBreaker Unlimited bulbs.

They are a little more costly than the "Plus" bulbs I was looking for, but figured I'd take a chance, thinking that as long as they were as good as the "Plus" version, they would still be infinitely better than the standard bulbs; and money well spent.

Well, they arrived (very quickly) and I had them installed in minutes (check your car's manual for details of how to change the bulbs) - I couldn't resist flicking the lights on after swapping out the first of the bulbs to see if the difference was noticeable as I was expecting. It was!

With the second bulb in, it was time for the road test.

These things are bright! VERY bright! They seem to light up the road for miles! Street signs become visible way before there are readable and the cats-eyes light up like a runway!

I can't with any certainty say whether these are brighter than the slightly cheaper "Plus" version, but I like to believe that they are (if for no other reason than to justify the added cost!)

I'm also not able to comment on the longevity of them, however if they are anything like the "Plus" version, they will last at least the next two years - I'll update this review if they pop before then.

In short, I you are looking for something (legal) to throw (significantly) more light on the road, particularly over the winter months, look no further!

I have also since replaced both the park lights and the main (dipped) beams with:
Osram Cool Blue Intense 2825HCBI-02B W5W 12V 5W Twin Blister Pack
and
New Osram H7 Night Breaker Unlimited with up to +110% more light, 64210NBU-02B 12V 55W, Twin Blister of Headlight Bulbs
respectively - couldn't be happier!
on 3 April 2014
Fitted in a 2005 Jaguar x type. Considerable improvement over the standard bulb. And so far to date lasted well.
on 1 December 2013
I have used Osram bulbs as I find them brighter than the Phillips bulbs. Having been impressed with the Osram Night Breaker H1 in the past which lasted 12 months, I thought I would give the Unlimited bulbs a try, not initially very impressed as did not seem to provide the length of beam I had been used to in the past, especially on country roads which I use a lot. Okay round town, provides a nice whiteish light at the kerb which is great. Major disappointment at this 3 month point. Both bulbs failed within a day of each other - I appreciate the Burn Brighter - Less Life ethic but this is extremely poor, not to even last through the darks nights. I was hoping for 6 months before failing - I will stay with Osram as a brand but will stear clear of these in the future.
on 8 January 2014
These bulbs are the best, having had all sorts in various rally cars, these are the best, bettering some at an awful lot more money
on 19 August 2014
Needed better bulbs for my car these are the best on the market to date
on 3 January 2014
Great improvement on standard fit bulbs, especially in winter months with dark nights when other drivers refuse to see you!
The road ahead is well illuminated, in particular road signs and when theres no traffic infront you can see the road 3 times further.
Some reviews say these bulbs don`t last as long as standard ones, thats probably because they actually give off a decent amount of light and I will replace like-for-like when they do give up.
on 7 May 2015
The horrible yellow colour of the standard bulbs on my Ford Focus ST170 were starting to annoy me, so I bought the whole OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited set (H1's, H7's, and the 501 sidelights) for under £30 to upgrade, and I gotta say these are great value for money! They aren't quite as bright as they state, they're about 20-30% brighter but they do give off that lovely white xenon colour which looks stunning!
on 13 April 2014
Delivery was fast, put in fairly quickly.. All be it with a bit of swearing. Work great! Very happy. Only thing to watch out for is the packaging, once undone mine unfolded it's self in my hands and everything fell on the floor. Partly my fault but advisable to open on a surface. Bulbs unharmed!
on 27 January 2016
Brightest head light I've ever had. Used these in my BMW and now in my Renault Scenic. Just be aware that on coming traffic likes to flash you as they think you have full beam on but you don't, you just have very high quality bright lights. Recommend for anyone that drives at night.
on 14 January 2014
I purchased these bulbs to replace the OEM bulbs in my 2013 st3 Focus for the cornering lights, they are great match for the xenon lights and through a very bright and long length of beam and are probably the best upgrade bulb available on the market the moment