5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results.
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have...
Published 4 months ago by Glenn Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

Published 2 months ago by Miss K

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results., 23 Mar 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says, 24 Jun 2014
I previously had a ped-egg to remove the skin from a corn on the bottom of my foot in between trips to the chiropodist. I bought this and could not believe how it just removed the skin so easily and cleanly. When the chiropodist does it you end up with iodine on your foot and have to wear a big piece of bandage stuff for a day. I am so impressed with it, my foot has never been so smooth. I am sure it would do a very good job on feet that are dry all round, as you often see out and about, as that is nowhere as thick as what it removed for me. My elderly parent and partner have also had a go and found it very easy to use. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - My feet have never felt softer!, 28 Feb 2014
I bought this product as I suffer from hard skin and enjoy having my feet pedicured from time to time. A friend reccomended the Scholl Pedi to me so I thought I would give it a go.

It's so easy to use and the handle feels great in your hand. The dry hard skin just came straight off and left my feet feeling so smooth. I now make this a weekly treat for my feet, it's fantastic!!!

The file head is also open which makes it very easy to use as you can acess all angles unlike some of the other products I have seen which is definitely a benefit.

I have also been using the the Velvet Moisturiser that comes in the range and this adds a lovely soft feel at the end! LOVE IT!

If you feel like treating your feet to some endulgence I would definitely reccomend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review, 27 April 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this been all my life?, 3 April 2014
Ren (Newcastle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried several of these hard skin remover devices over the years and whilst the theory is great, the practice has always been disappointing.

All the units I have previously tried use a very fine sander, which is sunk in the housing so you can only use a small section of it and the second you put any pressure on your foot the safety cut-out activates. You end up wafting the thing over your foot for several hours wondering if it's really worth the effort.

The Scholl Velvet has solved all of these issues. The sanding roller is very course, far larger than any other device I've tried and fully open so you can actually use the whole width of the roller. With four AA batteries and a much tougher pressure cut-out it's got quite a kick and you can put some force behind it for those particularly thick sections of hard skin. It also has a chunky round handle with a silicone grip so it's comfortable to use in either hand and doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of your hand at those awkward angles.

You do need to be careful, because the safety cut-out requires more force to activate, it can scuttle off onto the softer areas when doing the toe area, but it doesn't take long to get the technique.

In fact my only issue is the dust. Because it's so powerful and so open, the sanded flesh does fly everywhere, so you really want to be sat in an empty bath or locked in the shower cubicle so you don't have to clean out the entire bathroom when you're done. You may also want to wear a face mask. I know it sounds silly, but when I did my feet the first time I was covered in a layer of skin dust when I was done and I doubt breathing it all in is entirely healthy for the lungs.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to remove hard skin, with the aforementioned warnings. It may take a little while the first time, but it's fast and easy enough you could afford to take a couple of minutes every few days to keep on top of your feet before you have your bath or shower. Less skin dust and no cleaning up. Perfect compromise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional results at home., 17 May 2014
I was given the new Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi to trial for free and I was keen to try it as I suffer from hard dry skin, which can be sore on the soles of my feet and at the side of my big toes. The fast rotating micralumina head exfoliates hard skin of the foot through a gentle and safe rotating action, which is neither sore or unpleasant. I as very impressed with the results even from the first use the dry hard skin was reduced dramatically leaving my feet touchable softer and visible better. This electronic foot file is relatively light and as it's an ergonomically shaped device it is comfortable to hold making it ideal to use of your own without the need for assistance. It comes with four AA batteries which seem to last well and the exfoliating replaceable head with last for up to 12 treatments making it good value for money compared to the cost of going to a beauty salon for a pedicure. This fabulous product gives professional results at home allowing you to achieve great results with a massive cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin ..., 5 May 2014
Cee-Gee (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product removes hard dead skin fast - great! The roller head that spins and removes the skin is quite coarse and I was worried that it would leave my feet feeling rough, but it doesn't. The only time that I have noticed a round feeling was when I used the pedi after having had a shower - my own fault, it warns you to use it on dry skin only and towel dried is clearly not dry enough.

It is a pretty chunky product - but it does not feel awkward in use. I have not given it 5 stars because it requires 4 AA batteries (which explains the size of the handle) - that is a lot in my book. I would rather have something rechargeable. That said, I have had this product for about a month and I have not had to replace the batteries yet. The roller head can also be replaced if it loses effectiveness, and this is easy to pop in and out of the handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars works so so well!!, 3 Mar 2014
Sara Bell (UK) - See all my reviews
simply twist the middle thing and it switches on an wwwww do you see the white skin coming off its brill!! so much better than a per egg!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - an improvement on the already brilliant model of last year!, 25 Mar 2014
K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered the earlier version of this 'Velvet Smooth Pedi' last year, it performed brilliantly, earned a 5-star review and has been in regular fortnightly use ever since so I couldn't resist ordering this later version too. Surely it couldn't get better, could it? Read on...

This year's model has been completely re-designed: the original was brilliant but this is even better. It's much heavier, feels more substantial and is now powered by 4 x AA batteries instead of two and the increased power can be felt. The roller-head is wider and, better still, it's now positioned on the end of the Pedi, instead of being encased within it, thus enabling it to reach every area of the foot more easily. This was always a problem with the earlier version for my husband who uses it to file down the callouses on his hands(!). Even the roller has improved too with its longer and curved shape.

For anyone with hard skin on their feet, this little gadget makes a very noticeable difference. Just hold the roller on the hard skin, switch on the callouses or had skin will be ground into fine dust which feels rather like expensive, light, fine talcum powder. Because it creates quite a lot of dust, I'd recommend foot filing over a sink, bath or shower. After use, feet feel so soft and the real difference is felt when slipping them into socks - which tend to feel brand new too with hard skin no longer snagging on them but simply sliding in.

It's easy to use, will operate on rechargeable batteries and the rollers will last for several weeks of heavy-duty use on a lot of hard skin, or a good few months on smoother feet.

Although marketed for removing hard skin on feet, it can also be used on callouses and hard skin on hands, eg manual workers or, in my husband's case, sailors used to tugging on ropes and developing badly calloused hands.

So, is it better than the last? Yes - the handle, the power, the head design and the roller leaving nothing left for improvement in a future model. It's an excellent purchase that l would highly recommend. Scholl has got it right on every count so surely it can't improve again next year, can it...?

3.0 out of 5 stars Moderately effective, 29 Mar 2014
hiljean (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having had very dry skin all my life, especially on my hands and feet, I have tried a range of products to alleviate the problem with some success. So I was keen to see if this would be truly effective. It is in fact basically a battery-operated foot file, quite cleverly designed as it cuts out if pressed too hard on any area but restarts automatically as soon as you lift it away from the skin.

I spent maybe five minutes on each foot and it certainly smooths the skin. The weak point of the product is that because the file head spins at some speed, the dry skin dust tends to disperse in clouds around you (I was even worried about inhaling it as I was bending forward over the foot) which is not pleasant. In contrast an ordinary foot file which you use by hand can be used with your foot over a bathmat or even an open loo so that the debris falls onto an area from which it can be easily removed.

As to whether it is any more effective than an ordinary foot file, I would have to say that there was no discernible difference and if anything one can be more vigorous with a basic foot file. Where I do see a possible advantage is for diabetics who need to ensure they do not get a build-up of hard skin which could crack, because this is a gentle hard-skin remover and cuts out if too much pressure is applied which is a useful safeguard.