1,682 Reviews
 (1,170)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to...
Published 5 months ago by Malcolm

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

Published 9 months ago by Miss K

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet, 24 Aug. 2014
Malcolm (Edlesborough, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover (Personal Care)
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to continually moisturise my feet
to keep them from itching and feeling really rough
on the bed linen.

This Scholl product is similar to an emery board in
that it does the same job, but it does it evenly and
without the puffing and panting that a manual remover
seemed to cause this old timer.
One advantage is that you cannot press too hard on the
skin, if you do, the gizmo stops, so no friction burns.

It works well, leaving an all over smooth effect and
does exactly what it claims to do. I still apply some
moisturiser but do not have to swamp my feet in it
as I did previously.
Comes with batteries supplied and you can buy refill
heads if the original head wears out.
It might seem expensive to some, but it beats having
to fork out for alternative methods that do not work
as well.
Recommended. 5 Star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results., 23 Mar. 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite advance on a foot file - quick, easy and efficient, 16 Jun. 2014
Emma Hawes (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I've always used a traditional approach to hard skin on my feet. I usually soak them, dry them, then sit rubbing them with a foot file or pumice stone. It's worked for me, and I didn't see any reason to change my method. Until I tried the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi.

I was quite excited to receive it, and my first pleasant suprise was how easy it was to get out of the packaging, which sounds a minor detail but as this product would be really useful for elderly people, I think it's worth mentioning that they won't struggle to even get it out of the packet.

It's a very simple product - you put in AA batteries, then turn the silver ring on the handle and it whizzes into action. Just hold the spinning bar against your hard skin and watch it fly off in a fine white dust.

It's beyond easy, and can be used on dry feet so no need to soaking which means I can do my feet daily if I want or need to, keeping them super-soft and gorgeous all the time.

I found the comfortable ergonomic handle really nice to use, and although I'm very flexible, it was nice not to have to bed so much as when using a foot file - the extra length provided by the handle means it would be great for people with mobility problems such as the eldery or someone pregnant.

It's also a very manly device. In blue and silver, it's not girly, and my husband was happy to grab it and give it a go - "it's like a power tool for feet!" he said, which I think is a positive vote.

Yes, it seems pricey at first, at around £40 (although it's on offer on Amazon at the moment), but as it can be used safely by all the family, will last forever apart from occasional changes of the rotating bar, and is extremely portable, it is definitely worth it.

Mine has earned a permanent place in my bathroom, and my poor foot file is feeling rather neglected.

PROS:
Easy and quick to use
Attractive item in non-gender-specific colours
Effective
Good for people with mobility/flexibility issues

CONS:
Initial cost

Overall, I'd definitely recommend the Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than some but still not perfect, 9 Jan. 2015
After years of arm ache from using manual hard skin removers and gimmicks like the Pedegg, I was really excited to try this when it came out. The Pedi is battery operated and comfortable to hold so it doesn't feel as though you're having to do too much "work" yourself when simply rolling this over your feet. It is also easy to use and the roller can be replaced when worn out with the click of a button.

In terms of effectiveness, I have found that it is good for buffing off a small amount of the average hard skin build up - if you only have a bit of hard skin to remove then this will remove it and the feet will come up nicely. However, I would not recommend this for really tough areas of hard skin as you will be there for hours and the roller will wear out pretty quickly. I find the best way to use this is for the areas which are not too bad and then finish off the really tough bits with a manual hard skin remover. This makes the device a bit pointless but saves you some manual work with the rest of your feet if you think it is worth spending the money for this benefit.

I also found that it is not very good for use on the toes as the roller seems to get caught on the smaller surface area and not work properly so beware of this as it hurts!

All in all I would recommend this product for your average weekly hard skin removal but not for particularly hard skin with cracks etc. as the device just doesn't seem to be up to it in terms of power or endurance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saving a small fortune in bed sheets., 21 Jun. 2014
Treated my husband one of these for Father's Day as he has dry skin on his heels (due to wearing safety shoes) that would wear holes in bed sheets. First use was notable for the large white dust cloud generated as the roller chuffed the dead skin away but the end results were excellent. Works well on dry or just washed skin, dry knee caps are also fair game. Socks now slip on the feet with ease and no more torn bed sheets. One moan, pity that Scholl didn't put a power socket in the base in the event the batteries are running low. Other than that, a very good product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review, 27 April 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that I think its really good and does a grand job of removing hard skin, 28 Dec. 2014
Had this as a Christmas present off my hubby. I have to say that I think its really good and does a grand job of removing hard skin. Minimum effort to use but excellent results. Safe and easy to handle, comfortable to hold and easy to use. Great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 13 Jan. 2015
This arrived fairly quickly which was good. An initial feeling off woe as it was encased in what looked like one of those impossible to open plastic boxes but it was surprisingly easy to get at add the top ripped across easily and with just a small fight you could get it out of the box. I decided to look at the instructions but they are only in French and Dutch, neither of which I speak but it's fairly obvious how to use it and going back to the order page on Amazon page could read all I needed to know. It comes with batteries ready installed, you just need to remove the security tab. I have previously had the Emjoi and comparing the two devices think the Emoji has the edge. That said it does what it should, unlike the
Emjoi there is just one sort of roller, although with the Emjoi I just used the coarse roller anyway. It was very comfortable in the hand, a nice substantial handle, nice color too. As I have only just received it I'm not sure how durable it will be or how long the rollers and batteries would last. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars smoother feet, 19 July 2014
does what it says on the box - removes the hard and rough skin from your feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars delivery problem, 5 July 2014
the product itself is amazing! However, it is not worth paying extra for quicker delivery.... I did, and istead of getting it in 2 working days I got it in 5! witch means I've only wasted my money! just choose 'free deliver'' option if you're not in a rush, you won't get the quick one any way. The product is still good though, and it arrived undamaged, the price is still attractive so, 4 stars from me