1,464 Reviews
 (1,013)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to...
Published 3 months ago by Malcolm

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

Published 7 months ago by Miss K

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet, 24 Aug 2014
Malcolm (Edlesborough, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover (Personal Care)
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to continually moisturise my feet
to keep them from itching and feeling really rough
on the bed linen.

This Scholl product is similar to an emery board in
that it does the same job, but it does it evenly and
without the puffing and panting that a manual remover
seemed to cause this old timer.
One advantage is that you cannot press too hard on the
skin, if you do, the gizmo stops, so no friction burns.

It works well, leaving an all over smooth effect and
does exactly what it claims to do. I still apply some
moisturiser but do not have to swamp my feet in it
as I did previously.
Comes with batteries supplied and you can buy refill
heads if the original head wears out.
It might seem expensive to some, but it beats having
to fork out for alternative methods that do not work
as well.
Recommended. 5 Star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results., 23 Mar 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this gadget, 29 Oct 2014
I love this gadget! My feet have been in a terrible state for years, I live in flip flops throughout the summer & walk around bear foot at home always. I've tried pummey stones, chiropody sponges & foot files with no joy. Get what people have been saying about it being battery operated but a small price to pay for baby smooth feet! Been showing my feet off to all the family, my sister got her husband to buy her one for her birthday & even he (big army bloke) got his mitts on it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - My feet have never felt softer!, 28 Feb 2014
I bought this product as I suffer from hard skin and enjoy having my feet pedicured from time to time. A friend reccomended the Scholl Pedi to me so I thought I would give it a go.

It's so easy to use and the handle feels great in your hand. The dry hard skin just came straight off and left my feet feeling so smooth. I now make this a weekly treat for my feet, it's fantastic!!!

The file head is also open which makes it very easy to use as you can acess all angles unlike some of the other products I have seen which is definitely a benefit.

I have also been using the the Velvet Moisturiser that comes in the range and this adds a lovely soft feel at the end! LOVE IT!

If you feel like treating your feet to some endulgence I would definitely reccomend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review, 27 April 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars Whittle me hooves and call me silky soft, 28 Oct 2014
Brilliant product. My feet... well, I say "feet", but in actual fact until recently I had hooves. Craggy hooves resembling the pitted wastelands of Mordor. My heels scratched like the claws of harpies, and the balls of my feet were, although leathery, very useful for crunching through broken glass without feeling a damn thing.

This device is awesome (especially when used in conjunction with the CCS swedish foot cream). I finally decided to whittle down my trotters, and, after some serious sanding, and an application of CCS, after only one night the situation was ludicrously different. While my heels still have some pretty significant cracks, they're leagues softer and no more fear of lacerations from ragged skin while I sleep. I'm now using the Pedi and applying CCS religiously and am hoping that one day, Aslan willing, I will wear slingbacks. And with these products I believe that day is not only a reality, but fast approaching.

1.0 out of 5 stars Demand a full refund-- product not really working well, 7 July 2014
Clumsy and not really working well-- a £5 cheap dead skin scrubber/file works far better. Utterly disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars smoother feet, 19 July 2014
does what it says on the box - removes the hard and rough skin from your feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars The resistance on the pedi wasn't great as it stops when you apply any pressure, 2 Sep 2014
The resistance on the pedi wasn't great as it stops when you apply any pressure. I did expect more from this product. The friends I purchased it with had the same disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars delivery problem, 5 July 2014
the product itself is amazing! However, it is not worth paying extra for quicker delivery.... I did, and istead of getting it in 2 working days I got it in 5! witch means I've only wasted my money! just choose 'free deliver'' option if you're not in a rush, you won't get the quick one any way. The product is still good though, and it arrived undamaged, the price is still attractive so, 4 stars from me