1,150 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to...
Published 22 days ago by Malcolm

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

Published 4 months ago by Miss K

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hard Skin Remover for my Diabetic Feet, 24 Aug 2014
Malcolm (Edlesborough, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover (Personal Care)
Being Diabetic, I find that circulation problems often
leave my feet with either peeling patchy skin or hard
skin areas, so I thought that I would try this gizmo.

Until now, I have used several types of Emery Board
foot scraper available from High Street stores
and whilst they do remove some skin debris I always
found that I had to continually moisturise my feet
to keep them from itching and feeling really rough
on the bed linen.

This Scholl product is similar to an emery board in
that it does the same job, but it does it evenly and
without the puffing and panting that a manual remover
seemed to cause this old timer.
One advantage is that you cannot press too hard on the
skin, if you do, the gizmo stops, so no friction burns.

It works well, leaving an all over smooth effect and
does exactly what it claims to do. I still apply some
moisturiser but do not have to swamp my feet in it
as I did previously.
Comes with batteries supplied and you can buy refill
heads if the original head wears out.
It might seem expensive to some, but it beats having
to fork out for alternative methods that do not work
as well.
Recommended. 5 Star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results., 23 Mar 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - My feet have never felt softer!, 28 Feb 2014
I bought this product as I suffer from hard skin and enjoy having my feet pedicured from time to time. A friend reccomended the Scholl Pedi to me so I thought I would give it a go.

It's so easy to use and the handle feels great in your hand. The dry hard skin just came straight off and left my feet feeling so smooth. I now make this a weekly treat for my feet, it's fantastic!!!

The file head is also open which makes it very easy to use as you can acess all angles unlike some of the other products I have seen which is definitely a benefit.

I have also been using the the Velvet Moisturiser that comes in the range and this adds a lovely soft feel at the end! LOVE IT!

If you feel like treating your feet to some endulgence I would definitely reccomend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review, 27 April 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and visible improvement from the first use, 27 April 2014
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So pleased with this Electric Hard Skin Remover....over the years I've used a number of different hard skin removers with varying results.

This is by far the best I have used. It's really easy to use, the shape of the roller head makes it easy to get to the areas with hard skin and you can see the dead skin just falling away as dust....very satisfying. After use I just rinsed the dust off my feet with the shower hose (note this item should only be used on clean, DRY, skin) and put some foot moisturiser on them and all they need is a bit of polish on my toe nails to be ready for summer. Really impressed.

The head is removeable and any dust can be easily rinsed off. Replacement heads are available here on Amazon and whilst I don't need to replace mine yet I bought a couple recently to stock up as they were on offer

5.0 out of 5 stars smoother feet, 19 July 2014
does what it says on the box - removes the hard and rough skin from your feet.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 12 Aug 2014
If you have hard skin on your feet and want to grt rif of it then this product will not do it. I have a Scholl foot file which is so much better. Absolure load of garbage. Dont waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... it at least twice a week your feet become worse then when you started off, 15 Aug 2014
The danger with this machine is that if you dont do it at least twice a week your feet become worse then when you started off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective for me, 25 Aug 2014
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I really like this. It is my first hard skin remover having previously seen the emoji ones advertised.

Firstly, it comes packaged in that aweful plastic blister pack stuff but has a pull out bit at the back. Really wish everyone would stop using this stuff for their products!

The machine itself comes with 4 batteries and is simplicity itself to use. I found it very effective at removing hard skin, much more so than any manual way I have tried. My feet although not free of hard skin are much smoother and I think regular use will really help. My wife wasn't overly impressed though but that said she doesn't have a lot of hard skin.

Although I've not tried others I have found this one effective. Service and price from Amazon was very good at time of purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, easy to use, 9 Sep 2014
I was fortunate enough to get one of these free to test and well its amazing.

I love it, love it, love it.

Makes my feet lovely and smooth without any real effort - even put it to the ulitmate test and used it on my husbands feet and through the little cloud of skin, smooth feet emerged.
However I am not sure I would have paid full price for it - but then now I've use it I cant imagine using anything else.

If you keep the removable head clean (wash and let dry after each use) you do get a lot of usage out of it and there are replacement heads available.

Go on if you are thinking about it, you wont regret it