5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results.
Over the years I've bought and reviewed hard skin removers and I've received a few of these devices to test and review from Amazon. So I have a little experience of the benefits of these machines.

They all are much of the same BUT I guarantee that when you actually get one and use it you too will be amazed at just how good the results are

I have...
Published 4 months ago by Glenn Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review
Prior to trying this, I was using the more expensive Emjoi Micro-Pedi Professional. I had high hopes for the Scholl branded version but it's nowhere near as good as the Emjoi. Let me explain...

Published 3 months ago by Miss K

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Be Amazed At the Results., 23 Mar 2014
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I have hard skin on my feet.
When you reach a certain age this is one of the things you develop along with.... Well I don't need to go into that here do I??

I was quite frankly amazed with the results.
After singing the praises of this machine I persuaded my wife to try it.

Now she does have hard skin from years of Badminton, squash and sports.
The results were excellent also so we are both converts to this form of getting hard skin from your feet.

So when offered the Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover I was very interested as most of the others have been Emjo machines.

So this review may be slightly different from others in that I actually am comparing hard skin removers from different companies.

The first thing you notice is that they actually operate on the same principle.
The coarse covered roller is powered by a battery and spins.
You hold it by the handle and apply to your foot's hard skin.
the machine is similar to the Emjo and works well.
Really well.

You will be amazed at the cloud of 'dust' which comes off the soles of your feet.

And compared to the Emjo it works just as well.
Where the Emjo has the edge, if you will pardon my pun, is that the Emjo come with two rollers with differing coarseness. So you can pick and chose but have two for the price of one.
Scholl have missed a trick here maybe?

Now a few tips from an old pro.

1. To get the best results you should wash your feet well first- this gets rid of a lot of stuff and lets the dog see the rabbit so to speak.
In other words soap and water are a heck of a lot cheaper than the roller replacements.
If you can get rid of a whole lot of hard skin easily before this means you are not wasting the rollers life and in a way your own by time.
Make sure you really dry the feet before using the rollers

2. Don't press too hard- this only slows the rollers and makes the motor groan like a 'past its sell by date Zeppelin'.

3. Apply gentle and I do mean gentle pressure ensures the roller really smoothes the hard skin.
Let the machine do the work for you.
It's just like going for a professional manicure. You don't file your nails down you let her do her job. Likewise you let the machine do its job.

4. A warning- there's dust! A fine cloud of...... well let's face it.. it is `you', your dust that is given off so make sure you do it somewhere where bits of you won't clog up stuff? Over the bath/toilet/bidet seems fine.

5. It says you can clean the rollers and machine with water under the tap.
I think an old toothbrush ensures a good clean and makes the rollers last longer.

6. Don't waste money by buying a replacement set of rollers until you have actually tried the machine.
Refills cost under a tenner for two from Amazon at the time of writing.
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Hard Skin Remover Refills
I think they are brilliant but some may not.

Think of all those bread machines that people bought and stored away?

All in all?
This is a machine that works a whole lot better than the old emery board methods.
It produces faster and MUCH BETTER results.
It is Ultra safe when compare to those old razor bladed 'safety' cutters.
It's a whole lot easier to use than fiddly boards where you may not be able to see your soles.
If you intend wearing sandals and are concerned about the appearance of your feet then this is the machine for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - My feet have never felt softer!, 28 Feb 2014
I bought this product as I suffer from hard skin and enjoy having my feet pedicured from time to time. A friend reccomended the Scholl Pedi to me so I thought I would give it a go.

It's so easy to use and the handle feels great in your hand. The dry hard skin just came straight off and left my feet feeling so smooth. I now make this a weekly treat for my feet, it's fantastic!!!

The file head is also open which makes it very easy to use as you can acess all angles unlike some of the other products I have seen which is definitely a benefit.

I have also been using the the Velvet Moisturiser that comes in the range and this adds a lovely soft feel at the end! LOVE IT!

If you feel like treating your feet to some endulgence I would definitely reccomend this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Scholl vs Emjoi Professional - a comparative review, 27 April 2014
Miss K (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The unit itself is sturdy and ergonomic so it feels comfortable to hold and manoeuvre. There's one speed setting (Emjoi Professional has two but I tend to only use the high setting anyway) and the rollers are easy to change: there's a little switch at the side that you push which will allow you to pull the roller out or push back in. It's a larger & heavier unit compared to the Emjoi Professional (about 3.5cm longer) and it takes 4x AA batteries compared to 3x AAA for the Emjoi Professional.

The device makes a lot of noise - the Emjoi Professional is much quieter. On top of this, the fine skin dust flies absolutely everywhere: inhaling it is unavoidable (unless you have a mask) The Emjoi Professional is so much better here, I think because only half of the roller is actually exposed so it stops all the skin flying upwards and does a good job of directing skin flakes downwards. The other thing is, the roller on the Scholl, doesn't do as good a job as the standard Emjoi roller. The Scholl feels coarser and I've found it's just not as effective in buffing away dry skin. You need to spend more time with the roller over a couple of sessions, to get the same kind of results you get with the Emjoi Professional in one short session.

The Scholl isn't bad overall and I think 2 stars would have been too stingy - but there is something so much better on the market. Personally if it was a choice between the Scholl and a foot file, I would much rather have the Scholl - it's going to make lighter work of buffing and if you've got really dry, coarse skin on your feet you'll be there for ages with a manual foot file. But a choice between the Scholl and the Emjoi Professional, I would choose Emjoi every time. It's quieter, there's far less skin flying around and it does a great job of buffing away dry skin. For really soft feet, I also recommend using foot cream after using whichever Pedi device you have (I recommend Scholl dry skin instant recovery cream)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does just what it says, 24 Jun 2014
I previously had a ped-egg to remove the skin from a corn on the bottom of my foot in between trips to the chiropodist. I bought this and could not believe how it just removed the skin so easily and cleanly. When the chiropodist does it you end up with iodine on your foot and have to wear a big piece of bandage stuff for a day. I am so impressed with it, my foot has never been so smooth. I am sure it would do a very good job on feet that are dry all round, as you often see out and about, as that is nowhere as thick as what it removed for me. My elderly parent and partner have also had a go and found it very easy to use. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars smoother feet, 19 July 2014
does what it says on the box - removes the hard and rough skin from your feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot skin remover, 22 July 2014
James Craig "James Craig" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
Scholl manufacture excellent foot products and this is no different. It works well - so well in fact that you need to be careful you don't overdo the removing process.

5.0 out of 5 stars works so so well!!, 3 Mar 2014
Sara Bell (UK) - See all my reviews
simply twist the middle thing and it switches on an wwwww do you see the white skin coming off its brill!! so much better than a per egg!

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this been all my life?, 3 April 2014
Ren (Newcastle, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried several of these hard skin remover devices over the years and whilst the theory is great, the practice has always been disappointing.

All the units I have previously tried use a very fine sander, which is sunk in the housing so you can only use a small section of it and the second you put any pressure on your foot the safety cut-out activates. You end up wafting the thing over your foot for several hours wondering if it's really worth the effort.

The Scholl Velvet has solved all of these issues. The sanding roller is very course, far larger than any other device I've tried and fully open so you can actually use the whole width of the roller. With four AA batteries and a much tougher pressure cut-out it's got quite a kick and you can put some force behind it for those particularly thick sections of hard skin. It also has a chunky round handle with a silicone grip so it's comfortable to use in either hand and doesn't feel like it's going to slip out of your hand at those awkward angles.

You do need to be careful, because the safety cut-out requires more force to activate, it can scuttle off onto the softer areas when doing the toe area, but it doesn't take long to get the technique.

In fact my only issue is the dust. Because it's so powerful and so open, the sanded flesh does fly everywhere, so you really want to be sat in an empty bath or locked in the shower cubicle so you don't have to clean out the entire bathroom when you're done. You may also want to wear a face mask. I know it sounds silly, but when I did my feet the first time I was covered in a layer of skin dust when I was done and I doubt breathing it all in is entirely healthy for the lungs.

I would recommend this to anyone wanting to remove hard skin, with the aforementioned warnings. It may take a little while the first time, but it's fast and easy enough you could afford to take a couple of minutes every few days to keep on top of your feet before you have your bath or shower. Less skin dust and no cleaning up. Perfect compromise.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product for anyone wanting to look after their feet, 23 July 2014
Exactly what I wanted, great product for anyone wanting to look after their feet, quick delivery too. Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Does what it says on the tin", 25 July 2014
This is a great tool for safely removing hard skin from feet.It needs using gently and carefully,but it does a wonderful job.
The icing on the cake,was seeing it priced at 39.99 in my local chemist.
I have tried other methods on my feet,but this is the easiest and best way to get rid of hard skin.