5.0 out of 5 stars fun easy to read romance
A Husband's Regret. An Unwanted Novel. Natasha Anders
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.
Published 13 months ago by Jeannie Zelos

3.0 out of 5 stars A time for change
Having read this authors first work, I was expecting this book to be in the same vein and was left slightly disappointed in this expectation. However, that is not to say that this story is not without its merit.

Published 4 months ago by MyJazz

3.0 out of 5 stars A time for change, 23 Jan. 2015
This review is from: A Husband's Regret (The Unwanted Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

How does one reacts when you inform your husband that you are pregnant and he told you to get out? That was the predicament that Bronwyn found herself in when she told her husband Bryce that she was pregnant. Why did he react like that? she did not stick around to find out, but two years later, the opportunity to find out the answers to all the questions that were plaguing her since that faithful night presented itself to her.

now Bronwyn is back living with her husband and instead of things improving, they seems to sliding down a slippery slop of no return. Now her husband seems to really hate her and blame her for the accident he had while she was away and she had no clue as to why he would blame her for something that she was completely innocent of.

They both had to work painfully through their distrust of each other as well as their hurts and pains to find out what when wrong in their marriage. For one, it was a voyage of self discovery and for the other it was a time to make a decision that would either heal or destroy a marriage that was already hanging on by a thread. Although this story was written from both h/h POV it still felt as though there was a lack of depth in the story. It also felt as though the ending of the story was rushed and part of it was missing from the final draft.

There was also the added fact that I think that Bronwyn was not as strong as she could have been in light of how badly Bryce treated her. First he withheld his affection when the marriage was 'good,' then he became extremely nasty to her and all he could say to her as a justification for his behaviour was that he was scared of becoming like his deceased father. In other words, I think that both Bronwyn and Bryce had a lot of emotional growing to do before they could have a successful relationship with each other.

To me, there were something missing from this story, so I have a hard time going beyond liking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun easy to read romance, 30 April 2014
A Husband's Regret. An Unwanted Novel. Natasha Anders
Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.
I'd read another of Natasha’s books some time ago, in a similar vein to this one and enjoyed it so requested this one. This follows a similar storyline to the one I’d read, where the female lead is lovely but the victim of a cruel misunderstanding, and the husband is frankly a bar stard, constantly sniping and making accusations and taunts about what happened.
It made Bryce an easy target to hate, and I certainly did. He seemed selfish and cruel to poor Bronwyn, but then the version of events I knew was far from what he thought was true. Meeting up again was a shock to both, and very timely as Bronwen's health was in danger from the stress of trying to make a life for her and baby Kayla. Bryce is blown away by his child, devoted to her right from the start, and insists they move to his home where he sets about winning Kayla's confidence and love. He's awful to Bronwyn though, belittling her, blaming her for his problems and deafness. She's shocked at Bryce's accusations, but he won't even listen to what he says are her lies..Just the sort of conflict I enjoy, and then I think “how is the author going to make me like him!” She does though :) and once he learns the truth and accepts his role in what happened he's devastated at what he's done and full of remorse. Is it too late though? He said some cruel and wicked things to Bronwyn just to hurt her, saying he only married her because...etc etc and how can he tell her how sorry he is? How to make her believe he wasn't telling the truth, that he's always loved her. Its a long haul and has some emotional moments. He has to face some truths too about his role in what happened and his background and how its affected him.
An enjoyable romance, I do love a good “bad” character and lots of blame....and then the turnaround dramas. This was an easy fun read and I would re read when I want a simple, easy to read romance with some deep emotions. Its priced at £3.10 for 349 pages so a good length to really tell a story and enjoy the characters fully.
Stars: four and a half.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't sure at first, 2 Sept. 2014
Having read 'the unwanted wife' and then the reviews about this book with comments of similarity I delayed reading. Instead I read the third book, unlikely lover. Loving that I went for it intrigued to know about Bronwyn and Bryce. I am glad I did! Great story, had me gripped. Yes, the end is inevitably, yes the story is similar and the time Windows perhaps need a revisit. some bits where the point is laboured, little niggles as I did with the first and second books but I was captivated by the story and again read way past my bedtime. Will pick up again.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, 21 Dec. 2014
Slow to start then blossomed very quickly after that. Well written, whilst beautifully romantic in places, it was also realistic and gritty in others. I shed a few tears and smiled a lot too. Sex scenes were tasteful and . . . I could go on and on. Suffice to say I highly recommend this book to every woman and I suggest this is a good book for men to learn about love, women and communication within personal relationships. 5 STARS Ps. Did I mention i loved this book and I have added this author to my favourites.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did NOT enjoy, 11 Aug. 2014
I am afraid I didn't enjoy this book at all, I ordered 2 of these books by the same author at the same time, and quite frankly they were both so similar that it was alost like reading the same book over again. I skipped over all the "intimate passages" as they were boring, and the sloppy descriptions and dialogue were........well awfull This book should have been a short story, as it was padded out with the same scenarios over and over, not even a good holiday read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Took a lot to enjoy this!, 13 July 2014
I have to say I had mixed feelings about this book. Brice was nothing short of a complete a...hole! Some of the things he had said were down right nasty, and Bronwin annoyed me with her lack of respect for herself. I loath authors who write their lead female characters with no self respect. Bryce was bullying and harsh yet he still managed to sleep with Bron not once but twice. I HATE THAT! Are women so stupid that they give that part of them selves so freely? So I was going to throw my kindle down in disgust, then I thought that it couldn't get much worse and carried on reading and surprisingly it got a lot better. Eventually Brice admitted his behaviour was appalling and then I realized I was starting to like him. All in all it ended on a high note, but I was still a bit dissapointed with the first 70%

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't normally like this kind of book as I prejudge them as ..., 24 Sept. 2014
I don't normally like this kind of book as I prejudge them as being too mushy and I apologize. I do like gritty and the bedroom stuff a bit more detailed, but when you have a story that gives a taste of it, immersed in a great story, the bedroom stuff becomes as sexy without the detail. I've read The Unwanted Wife also, and can't wait to find more similar books by Ms' Anders as both were as great as the other. Thank you and well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 21 Aug. 2014
I agree that this book could have been a little shorter. However the storyline is well written and enjoyable. The Characters have misunderstandings and Natasha explains these well and the outcome is lovely. I really liked both Bryce & Bronwyn. The secondary characters were great and Kayla was just adorable but extremely forward for her age. I would recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars An easy reader, 18 Sept. 2014
An easy , if predictable reader, written by a feminist, and every woman's ideal, in finding the perfect man who will open up emotionally and be totally selfless when making love and always put her needs first satisfying his woman utterly and completely after a dose of guilt - I have to say I quite enjoyed the fantasy though.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable, 3 Aug. 2014
Bought this and the unwanted wife cheap for something to read when away in caravan and I'm so glad I did
Even though I realised the ending , I still couldent put them down until I had finished them ,
I have just recommended them to my daughter in New Zealand . Have to get her other books now