5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Hell, what a book
Ebook: Unbound (The Forbidden Bond Series)
Author: Cat Miller
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
This was given to me by the author for an honest review
Warning some adult content
Summary: Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...
What else would one expect during their freshman year of college...
Published on 18 Aug. 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I bought this book because of the reviews but I cannot believe I was reading the same book. I found the prose stilted and gave up about a quarter of the way through.
Published on 20 Mar. 2013 by Callie

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 20 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Hell, what a book, 18 Aug. 2012
Ebook: Unbound (The Forbidden Bond Series)
Author: Cat Miller
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
This was given to me by the author for an honest review
Warning some adult content
Summary: Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...
What else would one expect during their freshman year of college?
After her birth, Danielle Vaughn, and her mother were ushered out of town in a surreptitious attempt to save her life; vampire prejudice can be deadly.
Like any normal nineteen year old, her biggest worry in life was blending in and working hard to keep her grades up. Her departure from a small town in search of a higher education causes a domino effect; she quickly finds herself manoeuvring through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all hell bent on capturing her at any cost.
Danielle's life is turned upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her human mother's life. She must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrust into by a power hungry rogue on the hunt for gifted vampire youth. The hierarchy of the vampire nation is rocked by the existence of a demi-vamp who has challenged their narrow-minded views of the human race.
The Review
I don't know what to say, I loved this book, truthfully it is the best book I have read in a while, the twists and turns, poor Danielle had to go through in her young life amazed me, to find out who she was, losing her virginity and finding her father to finding the other half of her soul, this book had it all, I could not put it down, I have read some awesome reviews about this book and they were not lying, it made me laugh and cry which also to me is a great book, there were some adult contain, so not sure I would let my daughter read this, but the storyline was brilliant, we have all read the story of the vampire who falls in love with someone they shouldn't well this takes it a little further, Dani was a demi-vamp she just did not know it, the emotional breakdown with Lucas was heart-breaking and something most young girls go through in their life, Cat pulled this of perfectly, it brought back many memories from my youth. The cliffhanger was amazing, I am so getting the next book in the series, I cannot believe Dani's life has been turned upside down again, not saying anymore, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I will say is Mmmmm Chase, me want Please, I would highly recommend this book to anyone after a great book to forget their own life as you won't want to put it down, just makesure the kids have plenty in to keep them occupied, 5.5/5 WOW

4.0 out of 5 stars "Forbidden Bond" series book 1, 13 Feb. 2012
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Danielle (Dani) Vaughn's life is about to be turned upside down. Not only has she just left home to start college, she uncovers a supernatural world that she is a part of. Dani's mother is a psychic who has hidden the fact that Dani's father is a vampire now bonded to another woman and raising a family. Dani is the first ever human/vampire hybrid to survive, and her combined psychic skills inherited from her mother, and her vamp abilities from her father, make her a formidable yet vulnerable heroine.

Dani is soon juggling a variety of young men. Her human boyfriend Lucas, her first blood donor and sexual partner Charlie (surprisingly it isn't Lucas), vamp Chase who she falls in love with and his best friend Cayden who she uses to get over her feelings for Chase. All the youngsters (both human and vampire) come across as somewhat rather fickle during their bed hopping (even Chase and Dani despite their `soul bond') and with so many young men declaring their undying love for Dani, she initially appears to sleep her way through the ranks despite her clear attraction to Chase. He is no better either, trying to seduce Dani whilst knowing his family is arranging a blood bond with another young vampire; a ritual that will wipe away all his feelings for Dani yet leave her still pining for him.

The level of action and tension is great. The vampire culture is well done, there is plenty going on plot wise as Dani uncovers her heritage and battles a powerful enemy determined to kill her for her abilities, plus of course the numerous love interests who take it in turn to break Dani's heart as each betray her in their own way. There is a fantastic cliff hanger, and as result I'll definitely be checking out book 2 "Unforgiven" when it is released.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Good read a bit long winded

4.0 out of 5 stars Unbound (Forbidden Bond) Cat Miller, 12 July 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Last book in the Forbidden series with a twist at the end,too short for my liking ,but an enjoyable read non the less

4.0 out of 5 stars I read this after the second book, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I didn't know the order and read them backwards so I knew the ending of this book but still enjoyed it it needs a third book to answer the questions from the last one good read tho

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
There are so many reasons why I loved this book. First one is simple, CAT MILLER knows how to tell a story. Major league here.
This novel was amazing, it really was. The whole storyline had me mesmerized to the point I could not put it down. I connected well with Danielle, feeling her every emotion, which was a huge bonus for me. It made her stand out more from the pages, adding a sense of realism to her journey.
I loved how Cat created a whole new "world" of Vampires. A world were there is horror, sex, intrigue betrayal and above all else, secrets - YES, secrets come crashing down around Dani's feet and she doesn't know what to do, what to think, what to feel - all she knows is that her mother has been lying to her and she begins to unravel those lies revealing her true heritage.
This book truly has it all. It was a fast paced read, with some VERY steamy romance, which, in all honesty had me smiling like a big old Cheshire Cat.
If you love dark, paranormal romance, with vampires that are bad, sexy & bad, did I mention sexy? Yeah, you get the drift! Go grab a copy today...5 A* STARS :)

5.0 out of 5 stars So good!!!!!!, 2 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Loved loved loved this book a really good story it just has everything you need in a book have already bought the next book in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbound, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Who is the rogue, how many other men will fall in love with Dani. I have preordered the next book I can't wait

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad story, 22 April 2014
J. Nixon (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad story and easy to read. Will be interesting to see how the characters develop and you know the big bad baddie is lurking in the background.

Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1)