4.0 out of 5 stars "Forbidden Bond" series book 1
Published on 13 Feb. 2012 by Book Addict

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me
I bought this book because of the reviews but I cannot believe I was reading the same book. I found the prose stilted and gave up about a quarter of the way through.
Published on 20 Mar. 2013 by Callie

4.0 out of 5 stars "Forbidden Bond" series book 1, 13 Feb. 2012
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Danielle (Dani) Vaughn's life is about to be turned upside down. Not only has she just left home to start college, she uncovers a supernatural world that she is a part of. Dani's mother is a psychic who has hidden the fact that Dani's father is a vampire now bonded to another woman and raising a family. Dani is the first ever human/vampire hybrid to survive, and her combined psychic skills inherited from her mother, and her vamp abilities from her father, make her a formidable yet vulnerable heroine.

Dani is soon juggling a variety of young men. Her human boyfriend Lucas, her first blood donor and sexual partner Charlie (surprisingly it isn't Lucas), vamp Chase who she falls in love with and his best friend Cayden who she uses to get over her feelings for Chase. All the youngsters (both human and vampire) come across as somewhat rather fickle during their bed hopping (even Chase and Dani despite their `soul bond') and with so many young men declaring their undying love for Dani, she initially appears to sleep her way through the ranks despite her clear attraction to Chase. He is no better either, trying to seduce Dani whilst knowing his family is arranging a blood bond with another young vampire; a ritual that will wipe away all his feelings for Dani yet leave her still pining for him.

The level of action and tension is great. The vampire culture is well done, there is plenty going on plot wise as Dani uncovers her heritage and battles a powerful enemy determined to kill her for her abilities, plus of course the numerous love interests who take it in turn to break Dani's heart as each betray her in their own way. There is a fantastic cliff hanger, and as result I'll definitely be checking out book 2 "Unforgiven" when it is released.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 20 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely spellbinding!!!, 3 Jun. 2012
Oh my goodness!! I am so in love wit Unbound", book one in the "A Forbidden Bond" series... It seems likes it's been forever that I've been waiting to read this phenomenal book.

What a debut novel, Author Cat Miller is definitely a up and coming new author to keep on your radar. (you have one of those don`t you? Author radar) so amazingly, undeniably talented.

Betrayal, passion, secrets and vampires... What else would one expect during their freshman year at college? Danielle Vaughn, who has been hidden away since birth, finds herself maneuvering through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all out to capture her for themselves, at any cost.... (not a good sign, I would say)
When her life is turned completely upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her mother's life, Danielle must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrown into by a power hungry rogue. *shakes head* I can tell I'm not gonna like this guy already!!
The hierarchy of the vampire nation will be rocked by the existence of a demi - vamp who challenges their narrow minded views of the human race.

An intriguing different spin to what we have come to know as the normal vampire books. You'll find yourself totally engrossed in one particular part of the storyline, wondering what's coming around the corner next, and bam!! You've landed in another fasted paced, emotional or wild part of the story... (I love to be kept on my toes)
Unbound is action packed, emotionally pulling/engaging and of course an amazing believable story filled with twists and turns that will have your head spinning. Loveable, likeable and yes dislikeable characters that will have you crying and laughing right along side of them, especially Danielle. And of course the ones I dislike are quickly placed on my NOT LIKE list. (yes I have a mental list)

Oh, the fickle ways of the human heart, my heart was torn just like Dan, as she is pulled between loves, or are they loves?... Trying to find her hearts love, triangles are formed only to be quickly broken again. So undecided on who will love her, as she truly needs to be loved. (I have my team already)

All beautiful Danielle wants is to find out who/what she is, and someone love and accept her.. All of who she is. Is Chase the one who will? Frustration mounts as more secrets are hidden from her yet again... Chase's secrets.

Danielle's life will come full circle for her; As the new life of the Vampire world opens before her. A world where she is respected and loved at last!! *flutters my wingz*

I can't wait for "Unforgiven" the second book of the A Forbidden Bond series, due out fall 2012.

Recommend: Highly recommend this book for 17 and up

Rating: 5/5 angel stars (for sure)

Angel Anne Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars An engaging action packed read with romance and forbidden love galore!, 30 Dec. 2012
Unbound by Cat Miller provides an engaging action packed read with romance and forbidden love galore.

I immediately liked the main female protagonist Danielle. She is a strong character with a range of insecurities , flaws and what's even better is we are allowed to follow her growth and development. Cat Miller successfully created a believable voice for her character and crafted her sarcasm and wit effectively - always a winner with me!

There were however, aspects of her character that I found a little frustrating, that I felt pushed against the very strong image I had created of Danielle's personality, and that was the multiple love triangles or even quadrangles she found herself in. There were times that this became somewhat samey and cliche. I think it was in particular the characters' response to these relationship issues that also frustrated me.

But despite this one aspect of the book that didn't appeal, I did enjoy how Cat Miller captured individual relationship sparks with a collection of the characters. I'm also interested to discover how the cliffhanger ending pans out.

There are lots of strengths with Unbound. The overall plot, the pace and Cat Miller's creativity and flair. A strong start to this paranormal romance series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Hell, what a book, 18 Aug. 2012
Ebook: Unbound (The Forbidden Bond Series)
Author: Cat Miller
Fiction, Paranormal,
This review may contain spoilers
This was given to me by the author for an honest review
Warning some adult content
Summary: Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...
What else would one expect during their freshman year of college?
After her birth, Danielle Vaughn, and her mother were ushered out of town in a surreptitious attempt to save her life; vampire prejudice can be deadly.
Like any normal nineteen year old, her biggest worry in life was blending in and working hard to keep her grades up. Her departure from a small town in search of a higher education causes a domino effect; she quickly finds herself manoeuvring through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all hell bent on capturing her at any cost.
Danielle's life is turned upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her human mother's life. She must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrust into by a power hungry rogue on the hunt for gifted vampire youth. The hierarchy of the vampire nation is rocked by the existence of a demi-vamp who has challenged their narrow-minded views of the human race.
The Review
I don't know what to say, I loved this book, truthfully it is the best book I have read in a while, the twists and turns, poor Danielle had to go through in her young life amazed me, to find out who she was, losing her virginity and finding her father to finding the other half of her soul, this book had it all, I could not put it down, I have read some awesome reviews about this book and they were not lying, it made me laugh and cry which also to me is a great book, there were some adult contain, so not sure I would let my daughter read this, but the storyline was brilliant, we have all read the story of the vampire who falls in love with someone they shouldn't well this takes it a little further, Dani was a demi-vamp she just did not know it, the emotional breakdown with Lucas was heart-breaking and something most young girls go through in their life, Cat pulled this of perfectly, it brought back many memories from my youth. The cliffhanger was amazing, I am so getting the next book in the series, I cannot believe Dani's life has been turned upside down again, not saying anymore, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, all I will say is Mmmmm Chase, me want Please, I would highly recommend this book to anyone after a great book to forget their own life as you won't want to put it down, just makesure the kids have plenty in to keep them occupied, 5.5/5 WOW

5.0 out of 5 stars Well deserved 5 stars, 22 July 2012
Book one in the "A Forbidden Bond" series.

Dani, the demi-vamp, is lovable, endearing and her first year as a freshman at college is such a roller coaster. The story leaves you at the edge of the seat the whole time, and you're likely to stay up way past your bedtime (for myself it was 3am) due to the fact you just need to know what happens next.

Cat Miller has done an excellent job with all aspects of the book, from the unique spin on vampires to the back stories of each of the characters. Even the minor characters have their place, and everything is explained right down to the smallest detail making you feel right in the middle of it all.

With the adult content, this book is not for younger YA readers but anyone old enough will be left wanting more. Can't wait for Unforgiven, the 2nd book in the series to be released 31st July 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different , but in a good way!, 18 Aug. 2012
I was given an e-copy by the author in exchange for my honest review.
The book has a different, but in a good way, view of vampires, and the way they "are". The storyline is amazing and I had a love/hate/love relationship with most of the characters. My emotions were sent on a roller coaster ride. I had several OMG, Oh no, Oh my, and Oh hell no moments throughout the book. I stayed up late reading, and always said I will stop when I get to a good stopping point, which never came. I would read until my eyes couldn't handle it any more or my kindle died. It kept me wanting to know what would happen next from page one until the end. I still have that what happens next feeling and must get my hands on the next book. The book is full of twists, turns, lust, secrets, and betrayal. A must read! Warning: Contains adult content!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 21 April 2012
Kellem Pullen

This book was fantastic, I couldn't stop reading!

I became caught up in Danielles's life and her experiences immediately. I felt her anguish, fear, anger, love, bewilderment and passion.

I fell in love with the men in her life, one minute rooting for Chase, the next thiking Cayden should be the one! Tossing between the two for a long time.

Following her journey and experiences had me wanting more. The level of tension is constant throughout, it leaves the reader wanting more. It adds to suspense by ending on a cliffhanger. I am looking forward to the second book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me crying like a baby!, 6 Jun. 2012
zoe (Newark, Nottinghamshire, U.K) - See all my reviews
I cannot tell you or put into words just how much I loved this book! It had me blubbering like a baby all the way through,it is such an emotional read. It is not your average paranormal romance that is for sure. It puts a whole new spin on the vampire and humanity devide but shows how love can eventually conquer all. The ending was very much a surprise and kept me hooked all day, I was picking it up every spare minute I had. I enjoyed this book so much,stunning writing, stunning detail and stunning story...just stunning!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bonding with this Forbidden Series, 28 Feb. 2013
Before you start wondering about forbidden being a sex thing, it isn't, it is about family pressures, mainly being of status and love conquering age old practices. In other words, is someone good enough to Bond/Mate with their child! Having said that, this is a sexy and thought provoking fantasy series, in my opinion, and I really enjoyed it. I've read all the books, in order, starting with Griffin's story (novella), which in my opinion helps to read first. Looking forward to number 4 in the series.

Unbound (Forbidden Bond Book 1)