Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.69

on 9 December 2011
I have been learning Italian for six years and decided to buy "Italian Grammar" as a pocket sized revision work which I could dip into during idle moments. Although aimed at the beginner/lower intermediate market it is also useful for more advanced students - primarily because of the extensive usage examples included and the clear, uncluttered presentation which makes effective use of colour. I also like the exercises given at the end of each section (answers provided) which still catch me out from time to time.
on 10 November 2010
I find this essential, and the examples are especially useful if you aren't the type of linguist who knows their conditional from their gerund from their imperfect and perfect!!! This book makes it easy to learn by clearly setting out how and when you would use different tenses etc, showing patterns and exceptions, giving clear examples and taking everything back to basics which can easily be skipped if you already understand them. I have started Italian GCSE one or two years behind the rest of my class...this book is my saviour in playing catch-up!
on 8 February 2010
I found this book to be one of the best grammer books I have purchased.
It has a step by step format which is very easy to follow.
At the end of each chapter there is a checkpoint to work through
before moving on to the next one.
It is easy to follow and well laid out.
I would certainly recommend this book to ANYONE either starting out
or at a higher level as a reference.
on 5 September 2010
This compact, clear and straigthforward guide to Italian grammar is a god-send for anyone who wants to go beyond the basics. It makes learning Italian more productive.
on 7 August 2011
Unless you want to listen to the spoken language, you can actually learn Italian without a phase book provided that you also buy a dictionary. It gives you a full set of often used verbs and cuts away very little used verb tenses. It helps you remember words which are similat to English but also warns you about tricky words which are the same or similat to English but have a different meaning. Pronouns in Italian are complicated but you will not find another Italian grammar book which explains them better.
on 29 December 2012
I'm a first year university student picking up Italian as an extra language from beginners level, and this book has been absolutely brilliant in explaining grammar rules and pronunciation, allowing me to grasp and certify what I have learnt in lectures. All aspects of the book are explained extremely clearly and I would happily recommend this book to anyone.
on 19 February 2011
An excellent book to improve your Italian grammar, which is useful with our without the BBC Italian 1 and Italian 2 courses. Highly recommended.
on 11 October 2014
An excellent Grammar for beginners to moderate levels which I bought as a backup/reinforcement for the book used at evening classes. It is definitely not advanced but does cover all tenses inc the subjunctive and could set you on your way to A'level with no problem. It belongs to the BBC Talk series and cross references with their online site. It's well indexed and clear to follow; not a stand alone book to learn from but a good reference book. It has a lot of grammar in it but is laid out in a formal but friendly way. Not only that but it is a lightweight paperback & easy to carry with you to classes. I was so impressed with it that I bought the French one as well
on 14 December 2010
As a complete beginner in Italian, I have found this to be very easy to use and is set out in a logical way. I can't speak for advanced users but for me..... great little book.
on 4 March 2016
ACCOMPANIES THE 'TALK ITALIAN' SERIES AND AS SUCH IS INVALUABLE,AND FUN TO USE,IN STEP ,BY STEP STAGES.BUT AS WITH ANY LEARNING TOOL ,ONE NEEDS STICKABILITY.WHICH UNFORTUNALITY THIS REVIEWER DOES NOT HAVE?