4.0 out of 5 stars A good quality armband
The manufacturers sent me this armband for review and I think it is very well made and well designed.

Published 12 months ago by Sid Nuncius

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced and under sized for Galaxy Note 3
Published 4 months ago by Martin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A good quality armband, 12 Dec 2013
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Avantree Trackpouch Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Exercise Armband for Samsung Galaxy Note 2/Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4/ S5, iPhone 6 Plus, with keys, earphone and cards holder, ideal for work out- Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

The armband seems like a very robust item. The stitching is very firm and the materials are good. It is simple and very comfortable to wear: well padded with a good grip on the arm and very strong Velcro. It does a good job of keeping out the rain (and sweat). Time alone will tell, of course, but it seems good and durable.

Like all exercise armbands, this is basically a pouch on a strap to keep your phone (and a few other things) in, and use it while exercising or running. This one is well designed and has been well thought-out. The clear screen at the front allows you to use the touch-screen on your phone through it (although there's no access to side buttons), and there is an elastic strap with non-slip strips to hold the phone in place. There is a covered hole at the bottom for earphone leads if you need them, and a little Velcro loop where you can store your earphones if you wish. The loop is also very helpful in stopping the zip-tabs from flapping around.

Inside, there is a stretchy credit-card-sized pocket and there's a bit of space even when your phone is in there so you can keep a couple of basics like keys with you, too.

This armband does the job conveniently and comfortably - which is all you can ask, really. It is especially good with Bluetooth headphones but works fine with wired ones, too, and I can recommend it as a good quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with my Galaxy Note 3, 8 Jan 2014
Sid Nuncius excellent and very helpful review covers most of the key points and I do not want to repeat them. My review is based on prior experience with sports armbands and I will focus on that comparison.

I received a review sample and had a ready point of comparison: a Mobile Maiden XXL Smartphone Workout Armband that is sold in the US. That band had a few limitations for newer phones, but this one takes the design of a sports armband to a whole new level.

First, this works with the larger phones. My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 fit, as did my Note 2. If you have a smaller phone, though, it may actually get a little lost in the ample pouch. Physically the inside dimensions of the pouch are 7.75 by 3,75 inches (although the top has slightly rounded corners that will take off about an eight of an inch.) Until someone comes out with a phone larger than the Note 3 this is the pouch to get for large smartphones.

Second, the armband is heavy duty in every way: the thick, clear face will protect the phone while allowing you to still use your fingers to control all screen functions, and the padded arm strap and case construction are a giant leap over the Mobile Maiden armband to which I am comparing this one. Sound quality is superb even in the heavy case, and the protection that the design affords makes this perfect for strenuous activities. Having your phone enclosed in a zippered case versus one that has a slot to insert your phone is another level of protection that earns this one five stars in my opinion.

The bottom line is this is perfect for large smartphones up to the biggest on the market at the time of this review. The protection is the best I have come across and it's comfortable to wear. Do heed my caveat about using this will small smartphones because those may actually flop around inside the pouch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 Feb 2014
Al "Hipstar" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Top class. Never owned anything like this and was wary as there are a lot of products to choose from out there (none with an average 5/5 review) but I'm glad I've got this one from this seller. It's a very well made piece of kit. Fits my Nexus 5 nicely with room to spare. Feels comfortable, can use the touch screen whilst working out and I think it'd cope with running too. I sweat a lot and this didn't bat an eyelid and the sweat. Can't fault it: thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars At Work or At Play= Indispensable. Avantree's "Trackpouch" Sports Band: A Critical Review., 26 May 2014
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 2:03 Mins

We see a lot of workout accessories every year for the cellphone or tablet. Most of them are newly re-designed earbuds or canal buds or headphones that can double as a workout headset.

The "Trackpouch" is a different kind of workout accessory. With it, you can wear almost any kind of cellphone on your arm while exercise or work. It fits snugly but comfortably for hours.

I've been using it for several weeks now and have wondered how I've not known about/did without for so long. This accessory is fantastic.

I carry two phones with me: HTC Evo 3D (4.3" screen) and The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (5.7" screen) both fit into the pouch without a problem, although the Note was a bit snug.

The pouch measures:

6.5" x 4.25" expands to a depth of 5.5" (so, if you're a weightlifter, this probably won't work for you).

What I really like about this is that if you're doing ANY kind of physical work, the sports band stays secure and you have the convenience of either playing your music via a wired connection or by Bluetooth.

The pouch has a bi-directional opening with two zippers. Inside, the pouch has three (3) compact compartments: a change pouch, center pocket for cards, pen etc and a window section that has a rubber strap that keeps the phone visible and secured to the surface.

The armband itself has a soft interior material, while the outside has a Velcro strip that runs the length of the band.

Between the armband and the phone pouch is a earphone loop that can hold your earbud or canal bud by its own separate Velcro latch.

This is another excellent product by Avantree and it sells for less than $20!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pouch for Galaxy S5, 6 Oct 2014
I bought this pouch for use with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and I have no complaints with it. It's secure, comfortable and spacious, even with the protective cover left on the phone.

The "window" is a little bit away from the front of the phone when it's secured in the pouch, which makes operating the phone less than ideal, but it's very possible and perfectly fine for simpler functions, like responding to an incoming call or using the player controls for music.

Speaking of which, the earphone jack opening is just big enough for the task and therefore small enough to avoid water or dirt getting in to your phone. The little Velcro loop on the side for gathering up loose cables is a nice thought also.

The Velcro on the strap is some kind of smaller, stronger Velcro that I hadn't seen before, if I'm honest. I have no idea how new this technology is but it's surprisingly strong when compared to a normal Velcro strip. Coupled with the padding in the strap, The pouch won't be moving and it won't be causing any irritation during your normal exercise routine.

With my phone and case in the pouch and secured with the elastic band inside, there is still space for some small items, like a few keys, credit cards, coins, etc, though I can't vouch for the space available to Galaxy Note users.

In general, the build quality seems very good. As always, time will tell how true that is but I've seen no cause for concern so far.

I have not tested how waterproof the pouch is (I suffer a terrible loss of commitment to running when it's raining). My guess would be that it should be pretty waterproof because of the attention given to securing the device inside the pouch, but I would not be confident bringing it out in heavy rain and I definitely would not bring it with me for a swim.

The price of the pouch is certainly steeper than most of the other options available on Amazon so there may well be a pouch that is just as good, or better, for better value. This is the only pouch I have used, though, and I can only say that I have no complaints. Besides, the price is not bank-breakingly high either way.

A very competent product and I would readily recommend to any Galaxy S5 users.

2.0 out of 5 stars Over priced and under sized for Galaxy Note 3, 23 Aug 2014
I bought this for use in the gym with a set of bluetooth earphones. After two week's use I rate it as overpriced and under sized. The phone only just fits with a tight squeeze. There is no room for any extras such as keys. The touch sensitive screen loses its senstivity far more than I thought it would through the transparent front. Having said that, it is just about usable but I suspect that the strain on the stiching will result in a short life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninja?, 25 Aug 2014
PerfumedGal (Islington, London) - See all my reviews
Love this! Not only does it hold my phone steady it keeps my keys safe as don't have any pockets in my running gear. I've got fat upper arms (size 22/24) but can still get it on just. Looking forward to it becoming looser :-) Only used once so don't know if it's long lasting but seems very well made. I'm sure if it's suitable for hard working ninjas it will be good enough for my regular use. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars looks like the manufacturer has done an excellent job, 9 Sep 2014
Fills a huge gap in my life. :)
Finally I don't have to think about having a pocket when getting dressed and ready for running. No more rubbish Velcro is rubbing out my tops.
Also it's made out of proper materials, looks like the manufacturer has done an excellent job.
I hope to use it for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good phone arm sock., 15 May 2014
It fits the phone nicely. And little room for keys and cards. Light as well. It doesn't come with earphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly compatible with xperia z1, 14 May 2014
I've purchased this item primarily for running. It does the job perfectly. The grip is superb since it was still on my arm after completing tough mudder.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›