5.0 out of 5 stars Einaudi- I Giorni
Well... Another addition to my Einaudi Collection and I can say not a thought of disappointment has crossed my mind. Einaudi's inspiration seems to come from a song he heard whilst driving through Bamako in Mali with musician Toumani Diabate. The song was broadcasted on the radio, it was gentle and slightly melancholy and called 'Mali Sajio'.
The album consists of...
Published on 13 Dec 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing to dislike
very pleasant and relaxing music.maybe not all that exciting or inspiring but there is plenty of other music for that.i'm sure there will be many times in the future when this album is just what i need to listen to.tend to agree with some of the other reviewers that some of the tracks can all sound a bit samey.
Published 13 months ago by J. Hadley

5.0 out of 5 stars Einaudi- I Giorni, 13 Dec 2002
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
The album consists of Solo Piano composed and performed by Ludovico Einaudi. Each piece takes your thoughts on a new journey but still with the trademark of the composers much loved music.
Should you buy this CD? Without a doubt.. it's great!
You could also try his latest film score... Dr Zhivago.. released in December 2002.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!, 22 Aug 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
Three weeks ago I was idly listening to Classic FM when I heard a piece of solo piano music that left me mesmerised. The piece was "Limbo" from I Giorni by Ludovico Einaudi. Inspired by what I had heard, I tracked down the album. On it I discovered music of such beauty that some tracks moved me to tears. Composition and musicianship is superb, the pieces appearing initially very simple but revealing hidden depths on every listen. In short, this album is simply exquisite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty and tranquility can be yours !, 16 Aug 2003
K. Fox "CurlyKath" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
As I am typing my review I am listening to this album - it is wonderful, soothing and inspiring. The meldoies are simple but do not just fade into the backgrond, they gently demand that you listen to them and you will want to. I have played I Giorni many times since I received it and each time I hear something different within it. I am so pleased to own this delightful music - my next step? To learn to play the piano of course!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what true soul music sounds like!, 7 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: I Giorni (Audio CD)
I was at a party when I first heard Einaudi's music. Instantly, a new dimension opened up. Before, the background music had been pleasant enough, but suddenly it was as if there was nothing in the room but these exquisite piano notes, reaching out to me, trickling down through layers of stress and distraction, clearing everything away and leaving only the most perfect feeling of pure peace . I bought the Einaudi Collection the very next day, and today, a year later, I was given a copy of I Giorni. I can't recommend it too highly - it is utterly beautiful and you can feel it touching your soul and, somehow, putting everything right. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Giorni, 3 Mar 2004
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
I also found this thanks to Classic FM. I don't normally like this sort of classical music, but I found myself crying when I listened to this album. It stirred up such an emtion inside me. I would recommend it to anyone. I have played it to my friends too and they all enjoyed it even though they don't all like classical music

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 12 Nov 2004
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
Like another reviewer here, I don't listen to classical music much at all. When my friend gave me this to listen to I was sceptical, but it is simply stunning. The music is just so beautiful and I too found myself with tears in my eyes at some of the tracks. Usually I'll be multi-tasking when listening to music, but with this album I have to sit back, listen and let it flow through me. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars First venture into solo piano pays dividends., 13 Mar 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
I'd heard Einaudi's work many times on ClassicFM and had always noticed it but never really gave it any special attention. The album intrigued me because it is a 24-bit/96kHz digital recording which brings huge potential benefits in sound quality and musical reproduction.
I bought a copy and it sounded excellent, the musical compositions are extremely good and very well played indeed by Einaudi himself. Despite initial reservations of buying an album dedicated to solo piano, I was very pleasantly surprised. It is probably the best quality classical recording I have on CD.
You have to give this album a great deal of attention and listen actively otherwise it becomes like the same Einaudi music played on the radio which has a habit of blending into the background, all sounding a bit the same and without the attention it deserves. Buy this album with confidence if you like the composer and can spare the time to listen properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and inspired., 14 Feb 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
To describe this new album in words is very difficult.
I have found Einaudi's work very thought provoking and refreshing; yet this new album is inspirational.
He came to write this music from a trip he took to Mali, thus this music is based on elements of Africa, which he blends so well into this music, including the Nile, the Desert and the Morning Star. It is invigorating, brilliant and profound.
A must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Einaudi: I Giorni., 10 Dec 2003
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
Well it would seem many of us out there need to thank Classic FM
for hearing this wonderfull soul stirring music. I too was daydreaming when I heard I Giorni track 6 and was moved by it's simplistic yet emotive content. Einaudi reminds me of all the windham hill records of the 80s in particular George Winston's December.Both pianists can drain you to within your last ounce of emotion with there melodic and well crafted style. Both have the ability to create a superb soundstage with simple but well thought out and performed playing. This is a MUST buy for any piano lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to be a classic!, 20 Sep 2003
S. Cairns (Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Einaudi: I Giorni (Audio CD)
Intrigued by the title in a local shop, I turned to Amazon for more information and took my chances. What a find! This is glorious piano music at its very best: uncluttered, melodic and refreshingly original. The sound quality is second to none, recorded in 24 bit/96 KHz technology.
Several beautiful and memorable tracks can be found on this CD. Favourites include tracks 1 and 3. Track 10 is remarkably similar to the famous Michal Nyman composition, but it still is hugely enjoyable. One can usually judge the merits of a CD by the extent to which it holds one's attention. Despite being soporific in parts, it demands close listening; it is far more than mere background music.
If you enjoy this album, may I take this opportunity to recommend Michael Jones' "After the Rain" and Michael Gettel's "San Juan Suite", also available from Amazon, which are in a similar style.
A lovely album, and one that I take great pleasure in recommending.

I giorni