5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding !!!!!!
I've read all of Hutsons books up until 1999 and I will carry on reading them. I developed a problem when I read Hutson that was gluey hand eye syndrome i.e hand stuck on book and eyes stuck in it. Compulsive reading, I can't put it down until it's finished. Oh, and he likes decent music too !!!
Published on 27 April 2001 by jayannoot@yahoo.com

3.0 out of 5 stars not one of his best
I love shaun Hudson's books as I love horror and he can be quite graphic.
This book was not one of his best however.
I found it very repetitive.
It's still worth a read though.
Published 6 months ago by gail murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding !!!!!!, 27 April 2001
This review is from: Assassin (Audio Cassette)

3.0 out of 5 stars not one of his best, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Assassin (Kindle Edition)
I love shaun Hudson's books as I love horror and he can be quite graphic.
This book was not one of his best however.
I found it very repetitive.
It's still worth a read though.

4.0 out of 5 stars So good to have the "Gore Lord" back... shame about the errors, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Assassin (Paperback)
I was delighted when I found three Shaun Hutson books at my local WH Smith, all of them - Spawn, Renegades and Assassin - with brilliant new covers. They have been re-issued by indy publisher Caffeine Nights Publishing, who will publish Hutson's new novel Monolith in 2014. I bought Assassin, the only one of the three I had not read. I read it in two days. Brilliant, violent, edgy, relentless. Classic Hutson. My only gripe is with the text. The publisher, for some reason, has decided to print it using a Sans Serif font, which makes it look amateurish; but worse still, the text is littered with errors - spelling, grammar; just all over the place. I think they got a typed document from Hutson, scanned it using some sort of scanning software, and took it from there. But it hasn't been proof-read; I don't think it's even been edited. Such a shame. Great cover, great urban horror novel; congratulations Caffeine Nights for that, but a big red mark against your name for the messy text. Had the production been better, I would have given five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars GORE-TASTIC, 9 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Assassin (Paperback)
Quality book great taste in music. I love his descriptiveness, adds a new level to gun battles. Not afraid of leaving you hanging at the end of his books (Relics), Who needs a happy ending. I've never read anything as good as this it kept me guessing, it kept me hanging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaun Hutson at his very very best!!!, 15 Dec 1999
This review is from: Assassin (Paperback)
I am an avid reader of Shaun Hutson, but this has to be his best ever. It is one of the most goriest books that I have ever read, but the pages kept turning, I had to know just what was going to be the fate of the next person in all the blood soaked grey matter detail!!!! Yes it is worth pointing out that this is out and out horror, but the suspense that Hutson builds just makes this a must for any collection, perhaps best kept out of reach of any young prying fingers though (lol). I am now on my fourth copy of this book, I have lent it out to people (sorry Shaun) and never had it back...that is how good it is!!! Buy it, you will never find a book that instills fear of the dark quite like this again!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I just couldn't stop myself, 4 Mar 2004
This review is from: Assassin (Paperback)
Mr Hutson, what can I say, you certainly no how to teel a horror story. Was anything left to my imagination, I don't think so.
I f you read one of Shaun's book don't eat for an hour before, or if you've got a weak stomach.
If you think this one is violent read Exit Wounds, graet story, real people,gangland wars, tummy churning horror. But you can't stop yourself turning those damm pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 1 April 2014
This review is from: Assassin (Kindle Edition)
great book easy to read,something going on all the time a real page turner,great characters.good ole Shaun Huston nice one

5.0 out of 5 stars Assassin, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Assassin (Kindle Edition)
Gritty and harsh but such a wonderful read was one of the first shaun Huston books I read and was hooked

2.0 out of 5 stars SPOILER ALERT, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Assassin (Kindle Edition)
kills the main protagonist, the bad guys, the assassin of the title. all killed by zombies ressurrected by the bone of a saint. Found that i kept asking myself why exactly would the bone of a saint raise the dead and why no-one in london seemed to notice them walking and driving around, can't help thinking that a walking talking decaying corpse would kind of smell especially after be released from its concrete coffin..... sorry shaun but not the best thought out story someone should have been left alive at the end of it all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Rubbish, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Assassin (Kindle Edition)
This is the first and only Shaun Hutson book I will ever read. It is typical of an author who has had some successes (cant imagine what with) and then just gets anything he writes published. It is just a sequence of increasingly horrific or violent scenes linked together with a weak story that makes no sense whatsoever. Don't buy it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›