5.0 out of 5 stars Versitle and passionate
Published 14 months ago by LittleCook

3.0 out of 5 stars My opinion
The voice was pleasant enough, and the contents were acceptable. However the CD did not impress me to the extent that I had been expecting. I felt that the orchestral accompaniment let it down.
Published 11 months ago by Jennifer Thomas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Versitle and passionate, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
Wynne Evans' debut album was absolutely wonderful but this new one may have surpassed it. The arrangements and orchestrations are rich, powerful and perfectly suited to each piece. The range of music Wynne brings us is both surprising and a real testament to his astonishing voice, versatility and passion for singing. As always, his control is impeccable, with every note and word given life in his performances. Of course, Wynne has the power of the great operatic tenor he is, but equally he can sing with a delicacy that is exquisite - just listen to the gorgeous Welsh lullaby Suo Gan and you will see.
Whether it is the joy of The Impossible Dream, the longing in Myfanwy or the devotion in My Life Belongs To You, Wynne gives us a passionate performance from the soul. His rendition of Cancion Turqesa is absolutely heartbreaking.
There is something for every taste and every occasion in this album. Bravo!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent delivery service, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
This was bought as a Father's Day present on the request of my elderly mother following a number of unsubtle hints being dropped by the Old Man. The supplier's delivery service was excellent and the CD arrived only two days after the order was placed. Although not necessarily my style of music, I can confirm that the CD content is of good quality and I am sure that the recipient will be delighted when he receives it in early June.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice, 24 Nov 2013
S. Walker (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
I dare say we've all been annoyed by the Go Compare adverts, so I was delighted to learn that the star of the ads is actually a classic tenor with the voice of an angel. This CD has a very nice selection of classical and classic music and
Wynne's version of Suo Gan (a Welsh lullaby) is breathtaking. I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow......, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Wynne [+digital booklet] (MP3 Download)
Wow......this 'fella' can sing.

Never mind those insurance ads..........my 1st album 'Wynne', will not be my last album from Wynne Evans. Whilst he may not be a 'world class' opera singer, he is a 'world class' entertainer, with a lovely full sound to his voice. The album contains a mix of tracks, which suit him well, and his style reminds me of the like of David Whitfield/Harry Secombe/Mario Lanza.

Easy to listen to, and easy on the ear to enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wynne, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
This welshman has an excellent voice. He almost spoilt his chance of success by doing that silly advert which drove everyone mad !

5.0 out of 5 stars music., 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
Very satisfied with this cd. love Wynne`s voice. He deserves the success he has. He works well for everyone. Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
this is a wonderful CD. I have played it and played it and never get fed up of listening to it, its wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good recording, 13 Feb 2014
Stella MN "VWGolf" (Nottingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
Good recording of some popular songs from this Welsh tenor. He has a nice voice, though he's never going to outclass Pavarotti.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wynne, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
I haven't heard this CD as I sent it away as a Christmas present but I believe my brother-in-law enjoyed it. I was pleased with the prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD - great Welsh character, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wynne (Audio CD)
Bought this for Christmas for my Dad. The front of the CD case had suffered an accident - in transit presumably. But I was able to do a quick swap with an old one so he could received a perfectly packaged present on Christmas Day. He loves it. Great selection of popular favourites.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›