5.0 out of 5 stars REALISTIC
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by perseka

1.0 out of 5 stars Not yet arrived
Published 13 months ago by teresa

5.0 out of 5 stars REALISTIC, 29 Nov 2011
This book was a god-send to me when I was working as a housekeeper for a family in Canada. Peg Bracken came to my rescue with recipes such as "Stayabed Stew" and "Swiss Loaf". The family loved the outcome and so did I. However, not even Peg Bracken could endear me to cooking - but this book is at least practical and "doable", and what is more, it doesn't break the bank!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for lazy people, 25 Mar 2013
Nice book for lazy people. Loads of recipes you can follow but I've just used up several of them. Would be nice if it has pictures inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... 70s and despite the name it gave me a love of cooking, 15 Nov 2014
This was one of my first cookery books back in the 70s and despite the name it gave me a love of cooking! A great book for when you don't know what to cook but it has to be quick & easy. Love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not yet arrived, 12 Nov 2013
In spite of ordering this months ago, and receiving an apology and an assurance that another would be sent when I notified the company of its non-arrival, I still have not received the book. I owned a copy of it years ago and loved it, but lent it to a friend and didn't get it back. That was the reason for the order, but I have to say that this company has badly let me down.