5.0 out of 5 stars can't believe so few people have stuff to say !
The earlier books from this author stand as clear uncomplicated works that reflect what so many people are becoming aware of in this moment in history. As another reviewer commented: sort of beginners guides. But no less important.
I almost expected this book book to be more of the same: irresistible and familiar. But its sooo not.
I found myself on a journey...
Published on 31 Aug. 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Celestine book!
I have read all the Celestine Prophecy books (the story ones at least) and I found The Secret Of Shambala to be very disappointing. The story which leads on from the previous books I feel got way out of hand. It wasn't something I could relate to in any way and it gave me the impression of complete fantasy. You might say thats the point of a non fiction book, but with...
Published on 16 Jan. 2011 by Marty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars can't believe so few people have stuff to say !, 31 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
I found myself on a journey into a maze of ideas that were forming in my mind, but that had not quite come into focus. The Secret of Shambhala nudged these ideas into fuller view and so helped move onto my next step.
If you read any one of Redfields other books and they felt familiar to you. Or if they inspired you to look at where we are headed and to explore new ideas....then I recommend this one..defo !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired work by James Redfield, 9 Mar. 2003
Without doubt the best of James Redfield's Celestine Prophesy series. Gripping, thought provoking, meaningful. If you're at all interested in personal and spiritual development and human evolution, this is a "must read"

4.0 out of 5 stars Good storytelling and tantalising., 3 Feb. 2001
This book is one for those people who are searching for "what is out there?" and it will fill this gap to an extent. As in his book, The Celestine Prophecy, he tantalises the reader with the anticipation of finding "what is out there" and when the book is over there is a degree of dissapointment in not getting the full answer. For those who believe in guardian angels there is a reassuring reference to the dakini, those beings given to helping us in the passage of life. These tantalise too. They are "there" and "not there" and to benefit from their presence you have to believe in them although you are not sure about them. The book gives the suggestion that there is another world of beings who are working hard to unite us ordinary mortals with our higher selves. That, in one sense, we are not solely in charge of our spiritual progress but are being pushed and nudged along the path by well intentioned beings who want to help us develop. Through one spatial window we see a world of growing religious tolerance and, in reality, this is actually happening in our time. Through another spatial window we see lawyers defining their role so as to reduce conflict rather than promote it. Other windows give other interesting views on changes that are taking place. His reference to fear and negative thinking being the harbingers of our own misfortunes is a solid concept. It's well worth a read and I'm now going to read it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Important lessons, if you're open to them..., 4 Oct. 2000
By A Customer
This book says that your expectations create your reality, in the short and long term. Having just been to the Himalayas, where this book is set, and having experienced problems like punctures or ripoffs every time i 'expected' them, i have to say that i can't really argue with this book. The basic premise is dead simple: if you pray a lot, nice things will happen, and if you're angry all the time, nasty things will happen. But it's more than that, because it explains and demonstrates (in fictitious form, of course) what happens when you follow different principles within this broad subject of 'positive thinking'. Obviously, cynics will find in this book even more ammunition to ridicule the spiritual lobby with (...like being able to build clothes and houses by the power of prayer alone... hmmm...) but it's a very important rounding-off to the Celestine and the Tenth. Highly recommended but it does test your credulity on a few occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Spiritual Insights, 16 May 2007
Allana M. (London, England) - See all my reviews
James Redfield continues to offer more spiritual insights after writing "The Celestine Prophecy" and "The Tenth Insight: Holding the Vision" which are two fabulous books on spiritual adventure and transformation.

This book is the Eleventh Insight and takes place in Tibet and we are offered a glimpse of a spiritual worldview that holds harmony between people and nature, and where spirituality guides all aspects of life. It isn't something you do on certain days but it is lived in daily interactions. "Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives" is also another wonderful book.

All these books offer a vision for a new world based on higher spiritual principles. A current book that furthers the spiritual vision is called "Nexus: A Neo Novel." We can share in its insights and let our friends know about it. Through these inspiring books we can change lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting novel and amazing insight!, 15 May 2011
J. Bullivant - See all my reviews
It was "coincidence" that brought me to buy this book and if you have read the Celestine Prophecy series at any time, I guess you have come here the same way. If you were lead to this book by coincidence, then just buy it (or manifest it if you know how :))
I couldn't put this book down, and after reading this I went back to the previous books in the series to re-read them. I have had the Celestine Prophecy since it came out many years ago and the message is so very relevant to the changes going on today. On reading the 11th insight I was amazed to find that I had experienced a lot of the things mentioned within it for quite some time but never really thought anything of them. Things you didn't even realise were significant in your life will make sense when you read this... or not, depending on how conscious you are. Either way if you have been lead to this book, I suggest there is no such thing as coincidence, just get it. As with everything, you have to decide for yourself, but if my recommendation helps you decide, then I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 16 Sept. 2010
The Secret of Shambhala: In Search of the Eleventh Insight

This was an amazing book, if you have read the rest of the Celestine Prophecies, this tied a lot of the information together. Cannot wait for the next book The 12th Insight. I found this book easy to read and made a lot of sense regarding my spiritual pathway.

5.0 out of 5 stars The secret of Shambhala, 11 Sept. 2012
James Redfield's compelling book takes you on a journey through Tibet in search of Shambhala. It was difficult to put this book down! Don't want to give too much away with regards to the content, but so far five friends have read it and have passed it on...must be good!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 29 May 2011
For me this is one of the best Celestine books. The story is gripping, and the teachings and ideas are adding to what came before in the previous books. I found it to be a wonderful world to step into and have learnt valuable information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 23 April 2010
Mrs. Valerie A. Crowe "Manxie" (Isle of Man, U.K) - See all my reviews
Part of a great series however you do need to read the Celestine Prophecy and the Tenth Insight before reading this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›