5.0 out of 5 stars Should be compulsory reading for all women over 30.
Published on 14 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm
Published 3 months ago by clara99

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be compulsory reading for all women over 30., 14 Jan 2002
By A Customer
Many women now suffer heavy periods and PMS. Breast cancer and uterine cancer rates have increased. Women often also suffer with anxiety, exhaustion, headaches, skin problems, which are all hormone related. Dr Lees book has a simple remedy for all of them. It is quick, prescription free and absolutely brilliant. Because of this book I no longer suffer from panic attacks which had caused agoraphobia. It's a life saver.
Be warned - read it and you will be diagnosing everyone you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifted the exhaustion of tireless feelings of self 'loss', 27 Feb 2009
Lily Ferrier (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was shocked to my inner core reading this truly 'mind pacifying' crucial informative book, which completely helped to transform 'lost me' back to the 100% 'ME' I was crying silently although screaming for help inside. My family thought that I was 'losing it' My 20 years marriage broke down and my GP offered anti-depressants. How deeply, deeply sad. A devoted mother and wife subjected to pills. I knew there was something going on inside my body and at 45 I had nagging thoughts that I was on the 'crazy' path. Seriously, It was very frightening. However, I knew my body and had started experiencing symptoms of which I remember my own mother complaining of when in her 50's! I got online and read everything that I could about hormone inbalance and finally rested completely on Dr. John R Lee's books. Thank God for this man whos hand I would love to take for saving not only my sanity but for giving my husband and children back their wife and mother. What a courageous, passionate, obviously devoted caring family Doctor. This humanitarian gent has now left millions of women on our planet a safe step by step guide to help ourselves on a safe journey back to health. Ladies? Trust me. I now what I'm talking about. I live in the UK and have written to Doctors, TV channels, bought many of Dr. Lee's books and dished them out to all of my girlfriends. I am screaming to be heard (patiently though)and I STILL await reply. My hormones? Oh they are all beautifully balanced now thanks to me standing up to my GP and the pharmaceutical world. How dare they right?

4.0 out of 5 stars This book has shocked me out of a life-time compacency., 26 Mar 2000
By A Customer
I ordered this book because I was suffering from migraines related to the contraceptive pill. It has really shocked me out of manyof the beliefs I've held all my life about women's health. Dr. Lee really explains issues that doctors , paid indirectly by the pharmaceutical companies, gloss over. I have still to see if the authors recommendations work, however.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 11 Oct 2009
Ms. Angela Farley (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This book gives a good theoretical explanation (in lay terms) as to many dos and don'ts that I already know but not with the awareness this book gives. As a result of reading this book and as a 40 something yr old woman I am going to ask my doctor for certain tests to see what else I can do to support my mind and body cope with getting older less traumatically. As a high level competitive sportswoman I have always kept my body fit and healthy but it is undeniable that my menstrual cycle has always been a force to contend with. It would be great to get some relief from symptoms I have had since 13yrs old. Not holding my breath but it's worth a try - better late than never!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, 29 May 2014
This review is from: What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About(TM): Premenopause: Balance Your Hormones and Your Life from Thirty to Fifty (What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About...) (Kindle Edition)
I am not sure on all this. I couldn't gauge from the book where I was on their scale of symptoms and therefore what I may or may not be lacking in. So therefore I am not convinced I gained anything from this purchase at all. Plus there are lots of people out there saying the premise is unsubstantiated. It was an interesting read though, and certainly a book I will keep around for when my situation may change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top read on this topic., 29 Mar 2014
Choc-a-bloc full of excellent info. Highly recommend. Years of hard work in one place, gathered in one readable book. Open and read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar 2013
John Lee has made a difference to so many women's health issues. A true scientist and doctor. He has made so many women well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Great stuff...thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 21 Aug 2014
it was a book for my wife and yes she says its ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Sep 2014
Great service and product as expected