5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of back to back laughter!
Published 3 months ago by Bimmles

1.0 out of 5 stars Offensive towards hearing impaired people!
I'm afraid I can't properly review this series on the basis I find it offensive towards disabled people - I tried to watch it but couldn't watch it anymore because I was getting so angry at the way the dad was being portrayed!

Published 19 days ago by matrix11001

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of back to back laughter!, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Having loved the first series of Friday Night Dinner I was so pleased to see such a brilliant second series! The farce, slapstick and surreal moments are a joy to watch, and the character quirks are so funny and well observed. I don't usually laugh out loud when I'm watching comedy unless it's something like Fawlty Towers, but this is one of those comedies that gets me into a state of uncontrollable giggles throughout. Mr Morris is incredible, and the scene with Jim and the paint is hands down one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV. More please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better and better, 9 May 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Wonderful to revisit these characters and find them even funnier than the first time round. Knowing what to expect from each of them adds to the pleasure. This is a series to be watched over and over again, each time to discover new gems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than series 1, 14 April 2014
H. Marshall (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this before series 1 and have to say it's much better than the first series. Yes, there is repetition, but it works and, while it's nothing wildly new or controversial, it does what it does very well, and the episode with Jim and the paint is reason enough to buy this - and the reason I'll be buying it as soon as it's released on DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Show, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Totally agree with other reviewers, this is even better than Series 1.

I think this is a really clever comedy and very well written, it combines the silly slapstick humour with that dry understated humour. I personally always prefer the more dry subtle humour however even when the two brothers start fighting and chasing each other, something I wouldn’t normally enjoy, I find myself laughing and really enjoying it. I think I said the same about Series 1 - the actors are all brilliant and have really good onscreen chemistry, however in this series, I personally think Martin and Jim steal the show. Mark Heap’s acting is spot on at playing the weird but harmless neighbour, and Martin is sort of repulsive in a nice way (if that makes sense) and his performance through the show just stands out.

Hope this show continues for a long time!

4.0 out of 5 stars Second helpings not quite as satisfying, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
After recently stumbling upon this excellent series in its third run on TV, I promptly got hold of the first series on DVD, and found it consistently hilarious. Unfortunately the second time around it has unsurprisingly lost some of its edge, and an over-reliance on farcical situations suggests that it’s perhaps time to find something new. Having said that, the Christmas special episode is pant-wettingly funny, with a surprisingly touching moment at the end, showing that writer Robert Popper is not all about the crass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love FND! Remember watching Series One back in 2011 ..., 26 July 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Love FND! Remember watching Series One back in 2011 when it was first aired and just had to get this after already having Series 1! Can't wait for the third series to be released!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Comedy, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Love this series, just as good if not better than series one. Having just watched series 3, i think this is the best of all three….

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant series........., 19 July 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent series.....very funny...especially Jim!

1.0 out of 5 stars Offensive towards hearing impaired people!, 13 Aug 2014

The dad (wears hearing aids) seems to be dumbed down most of the time, sometimes he's ok, but generally he applies to an already intolerable stereotype against deaf people - we're dumb as well as deaf.

Other than the silence I find very few series actually show deaf people in a good light - a lot of the humor in this series focusses on the problems the deaf dad faces is approriate to make fun of - if your deaf it is NOT funny, but a daily challenge to hear and be understood - the last thing we need is a prime time TV show to make fun of what is very frustrating to deaf people who find it depressing enough to deal with their difficulties in communicating, but to portray the father as a low IQ hearing impaired person. I'm sorry, but I don't find that entertainment.

Yes you can poke fun at hearing impaired people miss-hearing things, but they have dumbed down the character so it's not just this!

If you want to see a series that actually portrays a fair view of hearing person - The Silence was amazing and treats hearing impaired persons with sensitivity and respect. There is none of this in this show - a severe hearing impairment is not something to be made fun off to the extent they do in this series.

I'm just glad I had a choice to switch it off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Its a good idea for about one episode but from then on ..., 4 July 2014
This review is from: Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] (DVD)
A really un-funny series of episodes, I was hoping, Due to "the inbetweeners",this show would follow in its footsteps...unfortunately,not.I Didn't laugh once at this show,Its a good idea for about one episode but from then on jokes are re-used and hyped up to an anti climax which the version you think of in your head is WAY much funnier than what is revealed. The perverted neighbour who appears at the families doorstep each week just becomes ever more annoying and unfunny...you just really want to punch him.The Main cast are really good actors but the comedy is really boring and ceases to exist

Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD]
Friday Night Dinner - Series 2 [DVD] by Martin Dennis (DVD - 2014)
12.99