Format: DVD|Change

on 29 March 2014
I thought I would give this a go as I am normally the person who likes films that other people hate. However this really is rubbish. What a waste of money I was so bored I found myself playing candy crush 15 minutes in to the film. So please please do not waste your money too. Watch 'About time' or 'Captain Phillips' instead they are both brilliant!
on 7 September 2014
A bit boring in places, Naomi Watts did a very good mimic of Diana's mannerisms. I know the storyline is contentious as Hasnat Khan has said his family did approve of Diana. What was really poignant was everyone seems to forget Dodi Al Fayed also died that night. Overall, it was an ok film and I wasn't sorry I watched it.
on 18 April 2014
This was a real disappointment. Naomi Watts did well, but despite her beauty she lacks the height & physical presence which contributed to Princess Diana's captivating personality. In this film Watts Diana is flat, one dimensional and frankly boring, which is how I would describe the film overall.
on 29 July 2015
If you were interested in Diana and her life, this is an interesting take on her story and very nostalgic. It captures the atmosphere of the time and the beautiful backdrop of Diana's life. It is also a beautiful love story, well acted, bring out the tissues for the end.
on 9 November 2013
I do not own the DVD. I saw this in the cinema where the big screen does it no favours.
Where to begin? Even the clothes are shoddy! The replicas of Diana's famous dresses are dreadful. Zips that do not lie flat, VPL, cheap-looking materials that do not drape, pads of flesh showing at the armholes, things that would never have been seen on Diana. The film was so boring that spotting the clothes mistakes was the most fun of the experience, then comparing notes with my daughter on the way home.
There is no story. Basically two people have the same conversation over and over again. The other characters are few and very slight.
This a film you would at best fast-forward through, but it is more likely you would prefer to switch off and stare at the wall.
on 21 July 2014
Nothing spectacular. All based on imagination and not truth
on 23 August 2014
We were very very disappointed by this movie. We expected to watch the life and all the achievements of Lady Di but it was not. Instead the whole movie spends almost 2 hours only to show a relationship between a doctor and Lady Di as if it would resume all her life. It is such a shame: it does not reflect her life at all. She has done so much for children and for fighting against war for example that it would have been great to talk about it.
I really do like Naomi Watts as an actress but she does not perform well in this role. She is not credible at all in Lady Di position. Actually after 5 minutes, we forget that we are talking about a princess and it looks like more as a bad teenage movie.
Don't waste your time and money.
on 8 September 2015
horrifically bad film - Naomi, what were you thinking?
on 11 December 2013
When a film gets so roundly panned by the critics, you just have to give it a go, even just for the sake of sympathy. Unfortunately I only made it through three quarters of this overwrought, poorly executed film. The acting is a shambles, I had always thought Naomi Watts was a quality actress but this film has made me seriously doubt her abilities, I hope she gets some better roles to prove me wrong. Overall this film is dull and boring, nothing happens, it all looks cheap and tawdry and even if you are a monarchist, which I am not, you'd be hard pressed to get any enjoyment out of this, avoid.
on 1 July 2014
Thought Naomi did a good job of expressions and accent...conveyed Diana's isolation and desperation to be loved and protected - her loneliness despite the glamour and adoration of the public