5.0 out of 5 stars Early Christmas present
I bought this for my daughter -in-law as an early present for Christmas so she could use it on a trip to London. She was very pleased. The company I bought it from were very helpful. The jacket is a good fit.
Published 7 months ago by Pam Powell

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but watch the sizing
Published 6 months ago by su-2511

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice jacket but watch the sizing, 17 Jan 2014
I bought this jacket from another supplier but wanted to put a review here as I often refer to Amazon customer reviews when I'm buying an item. This is a lovely jacket (mine is in lime green, though it's not garishly bright), with a thinnish padded, sleeveless gilet which zips in or out. I believe this is the new season Dakota 3-in-1 jacket - some of last season's jackets had long-sleeved padded inners. If you want warmth on your arms too watch out for this; it's a bit confusing in some of the descriptions.

I'd read various conflicting reviews about the sizing on Joules' clothing range. I think the problem arises when other manufacturers make their outerwear correspondingly larger to allow for accommodating other clothing. This particular jacket comes up quite small in my opinion. If you are a large 14, as opposed to a small 14 (!), go for a size 16. I'm a 14-16 and I could barely get into the size 14 of this jacket. I re-ordered in 16 and it fits, although it's still a bit tight across the back of the shoulders if you want to stretch forward. If you need a lot of free movement or want to wear bulky clothes underneath, you might even need to try a larger size.

I've only just bought this jacket so cannot comment on waterproof-ness or wearability, but I have noticed that the hood isn't adjustable like some others - my older waterproof jacket had a velcro tab on the back of the hood so you could adjust the size of the hood so you could see out. If all the zips, poppers and tabs are done up and the drawstring adjusted then the hood is fine, but if you just want to quickly flip it up over your head without bothering with all that, then it might flop over your eyes!
~~~~
27.1.14 Further to my review above, I wore this jacket for the first time in rain yesterday morning and it leaked on both the shoulders so my review has gone from 4 stars to only one. Very disappointed! I am returning it for a refund (not Amazon but the company I bought it from very helpful).

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Christmas present, 7 Dec 2013