4.0 out of 5 stars Small but sturdy
This thing is small. I have uploaded a photo of it alongside a 20p coin and a Yale key to give a better idea. It also has a strong attachment eye integral to the body so it can't snap off. The hole is necessarily small, so you need a lanyard (supplied) to attach it - the hole is too small to accommodate a typical spring-clip device.

The supplied lanyard has...
Published 18 months ago by Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars WORKED GREAT.... for 3 months!!!
This WAS amazing.
Small, the brushed metal look fit very nicely with my Macbook air. I got many "what's that thing sticking out you USB" question?. Which was cool because it looked cool and when I explained that is was 64GB the response was loads of "no way", "its so small" etc.
It was quite fast, even with videos, and it saved loads of...
Published 3 months ago by Ramon Ricard

4.0 out of 5 stars Small but sturdy, 4 Nov. 2013

The supplied lanyard has two-part threaded split barrel piece (see photo) which unscrews to allow you to detach the USB drive from your keyring. This is a bit of a fiddle since the barrel is small, narrow diameter and smooth - the sausage-fingered might struggle. An O-ring at the junction of the two parts of the barrel provides the friction to prevent it unscrewing itself, provided you screw it up tight enough in the first place, not easy due to the small size and smooth finish.

At least they have thought about the problem of losing this USB drive and designed a strong integral attachment point and supplied better than just a basic lanyard. My only criticism is that the detachment mechanism could be better thought out, easier to manipulate and more positive. I am left with the slight doubt that the the lanyard could unscrew itself and I'd never notice the USB drive dropping off my keyring.

Be warned also that the USB drive can be awkward to get in and out of some recessed USB slots typical on older PCs etc. On the other hand, it virtually invulnerable to being knocked and damaged whilst in the USB slot. A primary teacher also commented to me that it might prove less easy/obvious/tempting for magpies in the classroom to make off with it. On my PC I can easily close the sliding cover over the USB/memory card module with USB drive in situ, so it is hidden from view.

Edit April 2015
The flash drive is still working just as well as ever. However, as I had originally feared, it has managed to come detached from my keyring, several times, because of the lanyard barrel unscrewing itself. Twice I have found it in the footwell of my car, once my daughter found it lying on the front door mat. As I indicated in my original review, this is something I was already wary of, so I always screw the barrel up tight. The little rubber O-ring has also gone missing, although this does not in fact seem to make it any more vulnerable to unscrewing itself. I am aware that it is only through extreme good fortune that each time it has escaped I have found it again. I am now paranoid that the next time I won't be so lucky. It has taught me to use good practice - I always back it up using SyncToy, and anything confidential is encrypted. But even so, three warnings is enough and I am looking for something similar with a bigger attachment eye, maybe the Philips Circle?

5.0 out of 5 stars It fitted with a good push fit, 8 Oct. 2014
D. R. Price (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Integral Europe Fusion USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB Metallic Grey (Personal Computers)
Integral Europe Fusion USB 3.0 Flash Drive 64 GB Metallic Grey.
Order received as expected. Item performed as expected. Hence the 5 stars.
Order placed on 29th Sept. 2014 from Amazon Market Place seller 'My Memory' for £23-95. Delivery window was 3rd-7th Oct.
Order despatched on 30th Sept.
Order received on 3rd Oct via Royal Mail, the first day of the delivery window, as expected.
Unexpectedly, the order had been despatched from Switzerland via 'Accelerated Bulk Airmail' with a declared Customs Value of £11-97, so presumably the airmail postage cost £11-98.
After delivery, I used it in two different laptops, with no problems at all. It fitted with a good push fit, not too loose, not too hard to insert and remove. It was initially formatted as FAT 32, with 57.6GB free space (disappointingly low for a 64GB device, but plenty adequate for my purposes). I reformatted to NTFS, and there were still 57.6GB free space. To check that it really could hold 57.6GB (and was not one of the poor copies one reads about), I copied 56.4GB of largish video files to it; using a USB2 interface, this took 62 minutes, which I think is quite good; I then checked that the first a last files copied were fully playable, which they were.
The item protrudes approx. 10mm from the laptop socket. Although supplied with a lanyard, this is not needed as the item can easily be removed from my laptops with finger and thumb; the lanyard may be needed if the item is a really tight fit in some device. I have read reports that this item can get too hot, and somes therefore fail. Before purchase, I took this up with Integral, who implied that there's do not get TOO hot, but if they did then the item should not be further used, but there was no clear definition of how hot to expect the item to get in normal use not how hot was TOO hot. Whilst copying the 56.4GB of files to the item, it did get hot, but not too hot to touch, and as soon as the files were copied, it soon (within a minute) cooled off. Conclusion: I keep it permanently in a laptop; when actually being used, it gets hot'ish; when not actually being used, it stays cold. As I have had it for only a week, time will tell if this item is reliable long term.

11th November. Have now had the item for 1 month, and it's still working well. Have had to remove the NTFS Property 'Index this drive for faster searching' in order that the item, when left in, is recognised by a laptop which has been hibernated.
Have bought a 16GB version for use with music files in the car radio system. Having first formatted it to NTFS, I discovered that the car radio system would not play the files correctly (did not seem to acess folder system properly). Having reformatted the item back to FAT32, it works fine with the car audio system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and Fast!, 23 Sept. 2013
Ben L. Powell (South Wales) - See all my reviews
Needed a small, fast USB to ship large files between PC's.Tiny enough to fit onto a keyring, about the size of my thumbnail. Nice and fast, getting 125 MB/S read and 21 MB/S write using CrystalDiskMark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, solid and pretty good performance., 5 Jan. 2015
C. Cooper - See all my reviews
This is a very small drive, small enough to leave in your laptop if you wish and won't add much bulk to your keyring.
Its seamless all metal casing makes it solid in feel and I have every expectation of it being very durable.
The benchmarked read speed when connected via USB 3 is very impressive at ~150MB/s while the write is rather slower at only ~10MB/s, in both cases the access time is 0.6ms. The slower write is to be expected unless you pay a premium for a bulkier drive explicitly designed for faster writes (Sandisk Extreme 3.0 for eg).
When using USB 2.0 the device will write at the same speed and read at just under 40MB/s (the limit for USB2).

I have two of these drives, one for every day keyring storage and the other has Linux Mint installed on it, allowing me to boot any PC from USB and have my personal operating system with me - the high read speed is great for this, it boots faster than from the hard drive in my laptop but large software updates which write to the disk can be a little slow.

I've attached a picture of the benchmark results for your information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic form factor, 18 July 2013
C. Schroeder "curts" (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
This small form factor is fantastic if you want a low-profile thumb drive. Fits on a key chain ring without having to use the supplied mini-lanyard. While not the fastest USB 3.0 device, it is still way faster than the USB 2.0 device it replaced. Portable applications launch noticeably quicker.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORKED GREAT.... for 3 months!!!, 21 Jan. 2015
This WAS amazing.
It was quite fast, even with videos, and it saved loads of disk space on my TINY Air, BUT three months on it has refused to mount and I have lost all my data. Because of its non obtrusive size I just always left it in. Maybe that was the error? Good thing I regularly back up on a proper external drive but it was still an ache in the down belows!!
I have opted to try this option again but will pay the extra few bucks and go for the name brand Sandisk instead, not as cool looking but it is smaller and potentially faster. Guess it is my fault to experiment with a company I have never heard of!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiny and fast, I've had no problems yet, 7 Nov. 2013
R. Court - See all my reviews
Via a USB 2.0 connection it achieved 12 MB/s, on USB 3.0 it achieved 23.4 most of the time, it finished after I got bored of watching the bar, but it wasn't obviously too late to have still been on that schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, Fast & Good-looking, 7 Oct. 2013
Ordered to use as additional space on my Xbox (to install GTAV).

Arrived swiftly & was even smaller than expected. Recognised & formatted by the Xbox. Fits in so tightly you can hardly see it. Would definitely recommend & will probably by another for have in my MS Surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Tiny, Super Fast, 10 Aug. 2013
This thing is tiny. Like really tiny. And transfer speeds are fast!

It is so small you could easily lose it if carrying it around in a pocket etc however.

5.0 out of 5 stars fast and quality, 16 April 2014
Has a quality feel to it and works well. Speed is great. It comes with a miniature lanyard for attaching it to something and also useful for pulling it out of the USB socket. If you use Linux, install Unetbootin and put MINT on this for a very useful live boot drive.