5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!
Having been let down by poor quality products in the past I am delighted by the quality of this 1.2m long OPSO Lightning Lead. This is a lead certified by the developer as conforming to Apple's specification and you can immediately see the difference between this and the cheaper varieties out there.

Both the cable and connectors look and feel good quality with...
Published 11 months ago by Pepper

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable
Published 1 month ago by A Student

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch!, 29 Dec 2013
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)

Both the cable and connectors look and feel good quality with moulded strain relief where the plugs join the cable - this hopefully means the lead will last. I've experienced no difficulties with connections using this lead at all - this quality cable is a good example of the principle "you get what you pay for". Recommended.

This item was sent to me for review by the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Apple Certified Lightning Cable - Highly Recommended, 26 Jun 2014
If you’re anything like me, you’ll have been suspicious of the many cheap Apple compatible cables for sale on Amazon. Seems there’s a awful lot of poor quality stuff out there.

I’m glad to report this is not one of them.

It’s a standard 1 metre long, white with excellent quality USB and lightning plugs. It looks and works exactly as the Apple supplied cable. Glad to see this also is Apple certified so you shouldn’t expect any problems.

Unlike the 1 inch wide 30 pin connector, this is the new (small) “Lightning” connector which works with:-

* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad 4th Generation and iPad Air
* iPad mini and Mini with Retina display
* iPod 5th and iPod Nano 7th generation

Personally I’ve tested it out without problems on my iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPhone 5S, and all worked flawlessly.

I’m also reassured to see this comes with a lifetime warranty, so if (like my Apple supplied cable) it does break after a few months, you should be able to get a free replacement.

Disclosure: I was kindly provided this by the manufacturer to give an independent and unbiased review. Pleased to report it works well.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs well, 21 Jun 2014
SM (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This cable is Apple certified and should work without any problems with:

* iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
* iPad Air
* iPad mini / mini 2
* iPad 4th generation
* iPod 5th generation
* iPod nano 7th generation

This cable pretty much looks the same as the original Apple cable, and it also performs the same. I have been using this cable to charge up my iPad mini, and charging is exactly as I would expect from my original cable. It charged easily and as quickly as always, with no problems encountered.

I was given this cable to test and honestly review.

Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 14 Oct 2014
This cable worked well for a while and being Apple certified, I believed it would stay fine and be a great replacement for the more expensive, Apple own item but after a while my phone started flagging up that the cable was "uncertified" and refused to charge my iPhone. Upon closer inspection it became apparent that the connectors on the 8 pin seem to have burnt out or something during use. I wouldn't recommend this as more than a temporary replacement, you're probably better off buying an Apple official one than going through copious amounts of cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 15 Jun 2014
Delivery was swift and it arrived on time. I have had it for a couple of weeks now and it still works perfectly unlike others, I have had no problems with it. A product at a very good price that works just as well and charges just as fast as the original. Apple certified.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't waste your money, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: OPSO® Apple MFi Certified Linker Sync and Charge Data Cable 30 Pin Dock Connector to USB Cable for iPhone 4S 4 3GS, iPad 2 3, iPod touch 2 3 4, iPod nano 6th and Previous Apple Models (4 Feet / 1.2 m) (Electronics)
Bought to replace the original cable as it was severed by my pet.

Absolutely unreliable, it can't recharge my device unless I slightly bend the cable just before the charging port junction until it starts charging. Then it needs to be put "in place" so that it can't move.

Definitely worth buying the original one.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's cheap, it works!, 21 Nov 2014
The packaging was covered in Chinese writing (as well as English), and I was slightly sceptical of it being an Apple certified product, as there is simply no way of verifying, and I couldn't really understand why Apple would certify a product that undercuts their own by so much. It wouldn't seem to be in their commercial interests.

Having said that, all is well. It turns out to be compatible with my old iPad 1, which was a bit unclear from the description, and I had to take a chance when ordering. This being by now an almost obsolete bit of kit, there was absolutely no way I was going to pay premium Apple prices for replacement bits and bobs, so it was either try something like this, or cut my losses and scrap it.

Luckily, it works fine, and even has the bonus that it's very slightly longer than the original. One of the reasons the latter wore out was that it was just slightly too short to stretch from the power socket to my bed, so kept putting strain on the cord. The extra few inches should mean that's not an issue with this one.

Under £5 to rescue an ageing iPad for another few months doesn't seem unreasonable. To be honest, if it (the cable) packed up in another few weeks, I'd probably still feel I'd got my money's worth. You can't keep old stuff running forever - Apple have made sure of that by repeatedly rolling out iOS upgrades that aren't backwardly compatible with older devices, meaning many apps are discontinued for my machine. But while I can still do a bit of basic web-browsing, and watch iPlayer or read e-books on it, it will do for my purposes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Baffled, 20 Sep 2014
Cable has now stopped working after 1 month. Quite frustrating considering I looked at a lot of other different brands on amazon for the ipod 5 charger and paid quite a bit more for this one. What makes it even more baffling is how brands are able to get away with selling such unreliable products especially considering its just a cable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 12 July 2014
Jack S (Newbury, Berkshire.) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my original charger. Very slow to charge, and broke within a month. Dreadful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Built, 9 Jun 2014
Seems strong and reliable. Cable is longer than most which is very useful. Would recommend. Delivery fast and good price at the same time.