5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable security at a reasonable price
Published 8 months ago by A Common Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work well, as did previous versions - but the 2014 version...
...suffers from a presentation and user-friendliness inferior to last year's. For example the home screen is too small to accomodate all the icons, and is not resizeable. This is unnecessarily irritating.
I also find it very annoying that Bullguard's annual renewal charge (although "discounted") has always been higher than Amazon's price for a brand new copy...
Published 7 months ago by Royal WC

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable security at a reasonable price, 9 Nov 2013
A Common Reader "Committed to reading" (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BullGuard Internet Security 2014 Retail Box - 1 Year - 3 User Licence with 5GB of Online Storage (PC) (CD-ROM)
This totally professional security suite always scores highly on anti-virus comparative charts and having tried several of these products over the years I am happy to settle with this one. I like the fact that the Danish founders based their company in the UK. I somehow feel that I could never quite trust security products coming from the USA where the level of government interference in IT companies is so prevalent, or from Russia where it is impossible for me to gauge the level of interference from any quarter.

The software installed trouble-free and very quickly. My PC was fully protected within three or four minutes from putting the CD in the drive and typing in the registration key (which is printed on a label stuck on the CD cover). The installation process didn't ask me lots of questions about what I wanted but set up firewall, anti-virus, spamfilter, browser safety, PC vulnerability checker and PC Tuneup. When the control panel popped up I saw that I had an option for parental control but I don't need this so left it inactive.

The PC vulnerability checker was interesting - within a few minutes I got warnings about out of date Adobe Reader which is a security risk, and a link was provided in the pop-up box to enable me to download the latest version. There were also a number of Windows settings which it wanted to fix so I let it go ahead - all with the click of a single button.

When I went on the Internet with Firefox and did a Google search I was pleased to see a little green tick by every website in the search results. I know Google do their best to eliminate dodgy sites from the search results but this extra check is worth having in my view, particularly in these days of horrendous malicious software like Cryptolocker.

I was pleased to find that there is a good level of support - from the website you can chat online to a support person, and there is also a very useful support forum where you can post questions. You can also email support with a 24 hour response time for less urgent problems. Most people will never need this level of support but it's good to know it's there.

The Amazon price is quite good. It's worth pointing out that you can get a free 60 trial of this product from the Bullguard website, but when it comes to renew you may still want to purchase from Amazon because the price on the Bullguard website is much higher than on Amazon. I did note that after I'd ordered from Amazon the next time I went on the Bullguard website I was offered 50% off the price which was close to the Amazon price but Bullguard were too late to get me to buy this way and I let my Amazon order go through.

Having run Bullguard for a while now I have found it to be non-intrusive (not popping up stupid messages all the time) but also reassuringly "there". Before Bullguard I was running a well-known Russian security suite and although it is undoubtedly excellent, I knew that I would never be fully comfortable running software from Russia (or China or the USA). With Bullguard I feel that I've got a home-grown product and for me at least, this is a major plus.

Incidentally there is a one star review of this product on Amazon which seems to miss the point. Bullguard like all a-v companies are continually updating their software. I have not noticed any bugs in it at all and I'm running Windows 8.1. I always wonder about people who leave a very short one-star review and then when you go to their profile you see that that's the only review they've published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use internet security, 20 Dec 2013
I was a bit concerned about this as some reviewers mentioned problems with Windows 7. However, it is working fine for me. I have used Bullguard for a year and instead of paying Bullguard's annual renewal charge (30 plus I think), I just bought this new one for 15! You just put disc in and it removes old version and sets up new one. Enter you reg number and off it goes - brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars BullGuard 2014, 14 Jan 2014
Having used another security software brand for 7 years I was recommended BullGuard by my local computer repair shop. The program was simple and straightforward to install and in about 5 - 10 minutes the product was protecting my PC. After performing a full scan using BullGuard it had detected and removed 3 trojans that my previous security software had missed. I have also noticed that my PC also runs a lot quicker with this product installed. The software itself is simple and straightforward to use. I feel safer online with BullGuard protecting my PC rather than my previous security software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe, 3 Dec 2013
Wonderful alround security which works in the background. A must have purchase at a fraction of the price the manufacturer charges! I was going to renew at the "bargain" price of 37.95, but buying new on Amazon cost under 20. I didn't even need to reinstall the software - I just entered the new licence key in my account and that was it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 8 Jan 2014
I had the 2013 version which was very good , this is a lot slicker and you feel confident .

5.0 out of 5 stars 5th year running using Bullguard., 9 May 2014
David A. Singleton (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love Bullguard, it does exactly what it should but is not intrusive. I also think the live chat support feature is brilliant & I would recommend this above all other security suites.

4.0 out of 5 stars hassle free, 12 April 2014
Mr. R. Gower (u.k) - See all my reviews
Easy to I install and working nicely.
Got sick of norton and mcafee so switched and I like it much better

5.0 out of 5 stars Bullguard- The Strong and ( almost ) Silent Guardian, 7 April 2014
Easy to install; unobtrusive in operation; user friendly; didn't slow the computer. Just DID THE JOB!
The price was good. Ideal package!

5.0 out of 5 stars BullGuard Internet Security 2014 (v14), 3 Users, 1 Year Digital Licence..., 24 Jan 2014
I purchased this particular Internet security because it is the top product as per the which magazine.

Downloaded and installed it without any problems, and easy to set up for a novice. it also has enough options for the more advanced user, It has been in use for about a week with several pop ups giving me the option to allow or disallow certain websites connecting with my computer and these can be customised from the setup features.

5.0 out of 5 stars bullguard, 11 Jan 2014
i received key to initiate programme within a few hours. loading process was straightforward and the bullguard system runs well and is unobtrusive. i particularly like the firewall updates as programmes are given permission to run. i guess it will be just as capable as other security software (i chose it because which? magazine gave it a high rating).
i have previously used Norton for years but the recent versions have become increasingly temperamental, and after 6 failed attempts to resolve a software conflict issue by their tech dept i asked for my money back. it was a relief to see the bullguard programme completely remove norton from my computer.
i have subsequently loaded it onto two other computers - again simple process. i would have liked a 5 user version but couldnt find one even though i thought they used to do this.