Tangled Hearts (Highland Hearts)
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£9.52

on 28 January 2014
Another greatly entertaining read from Heather McCollum!

I loved this. I loved the first book in this series too, and I loved this one just as much, even though it had a totally different feel to it. The reason it felt so different was, without doubt, the heroine Pandora (Dory) Wyatt. She was fantastic! A feisty little tinker with a mind of her own, who doesn't need anyone (yes, including YOU Ewan Brody) telling her what to do. Raised by a bunch of marauding pirates, and concealing a power greater than any we've seen so far, she's definitely led an interesting life. She also just happens to be the long lost daughter of the villain from book one. So, you could say complicated is her middle name, and Ewan Brody is well known for not doing complicated. Until now...

*****

Pandora was a heroine with such heart, I loved her from her first scene. Though technically a lady, her unorthodox upbringing means she's neither noble nor common, but somewhere in between. I think it's probably best you don't try to label her. She probably wouldn't like it anyway.

Ewan is a handsome devil that's never had any problem finding a willing lass. He's never wanted more than that, either, thanks to childhood memories of his parents' less-than-blissful marriage. He's quite literally knocked for six, therefore, by his protective feelings for Dory, having never wished for the responsibility of having to care for a woman before. What makes her so different? Heh. What doesn't? She's a witch, a pirate, a lady, and a menace, who somehow hoodwinks him into agreeing to free her pirate father from King Henry VIII's tower while posing as her husband!

I loved the story—the pirate bits and the setting of King Henry's court. I loved the romance and the nail-biting conclusion. I will most definitely be reading from this author again!

A thoroughly enjoyable read - 4 Stars! ★★★★
ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 28 January 2014
Not my usual type of read but the idea of Highlanders at King Henry's court mixed with pirates and not forgetting the possibility of witchcraft was too much temptation to resist! I do love an adventure that takes me away from reality and that's just what this book delivers!
Tangled Hearts is set at the time of King Henry VIII's reign and it's a world of deceit , treachery ,greed and of course passion. Step up the gorgeous Highlander Ewan Brody a man who firmly believes in protecting the innocent and righting wrongs. Meeting the headstrong Pandora (Dory) Wyatt at a most opportune moment quite literally saves her life! It seems that they have more in common then they first thought and together will face even greater dangers as they go up against those at the Tudor court who will stop at nothing in their quest for wealth and power.
Wow such a fast paced and interesting book. This could have been quite a chaotic read as there is so much going on but the author comfortably straddles multiple genres to bring a very satisfying story to life.
Gorgeous hot hero Ewan to fall in love with and brave, loyal Dory to cheer for. These characters are brought to life and as a reader you really want to see them get their happy ending. Loving the pirate twist and will certainly try more from this author.
So in conclusion I really enjoyed my first book by Ms McCollum and I'm sure it will appeal to those who love romance with an historical setting. A sensuous read that's not too naughty but is definitely lots of fun. I now realise that it's part of a series - Highland Hearts, but this is a standalone novel so enjoy .
A well deserved four and a half from me
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again