Top positive review
13 people found this helpful
They are clear and they fit... what more could you want.
on 14 November 2013
Good price for what essentially is a thin piece of plastic cut to shape with holes in the right place.
I never understand why some companies charge so much (unless their plastic is a little stronger or something).
I hate putting these things on. I always seem to manage to do it fine on other peoples devices, but always muck it up on mine. Thankfully, this one went on really easily and seems to fit well, even has the top cutout to allow the sensor to be uncovered (unlike the one delivered with my case).
Yes there 'were' bubbles when I put it on, there always are, but after working them out with a bit of card I'm really impressed with their clarity and feel.
Steps for a good application are as follows.
1) Check where it fits best, spend some time lining it up so you can get a feel of where on the glass it's actually going to sit when you apply it. We are talking fractions of millimeters here, but it's good to know that it fits best a little closer to one side (if that is the case).
2) Make sure screen is clean (if your grubby fingers have been all over the glass then it will need clean and buff).
3) Use a lint free cloth to clear off all the dust (I use a lamp nearby so that I can angle the device to make it easier to see bits of dust... oh and by the way.. it's almost impossible to keep it dust free during the application, just do your best).
4) Start to peel layer 1 plastic back, maybe a few centimeters all along bottom edge, being careful not to touch the underside that is going to stick to the screen. Position it carefully as your starting position and angle will affect where the top ends up. Very easy to be slightly off and end up covering the camera.
5) When you are happy with the start (you can normally peel it off a few times at the beggining if not totally happy), then ease the rest off as you continue to peel off the backing underneath until its all off and sheet is fully down.
6) Important: YOU WILL HAVE BUBBLES !! It's impossible to put them out without them. But get a stiff bit of card and try and ease the bubbles to the edge. Or even join the smaller bubbles up to form bigger bubbles, as they tend to move a bit easier. Some small bubbles actually seem to disappear through the plastic as you work them.
7) Work the bubbles some more... it's really important you get them out now, as you dont want to be working on them when you've peeled off the second layer, as you will most likely scratch the screen protector straight away.
8) Finally, carefully peel off the 2nd (top) layer being careful not to peel the actual protector back off the screen.
THAT'S IT. JOB DONE.
Thanks ELECSHIELD for the excellently priced pack of protectors. 5*