5.0 out of 5 stars The build up
I'll tell what is isn't and that's the regular Kresley Cole genre. No paranormal (so far but you never know).
Be prepared for some intense seduction by one Siberian bodyguard who's character screams aloof and dark and one happy go lucky American girl who will try anything to get under his skin.
Natalie was adopted and is about to find out who her natural father...
Published 3 months ago by nina loves erotica & paranormal

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 400 pages....
Published 7 months ago by C. Woolford

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 400 pages...., 27 Dec 2013
C. Woolford "charliewoolf" (london , UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Professional Part 1 (The Game Maker Series) (Kindle Edition)
It was a really good story and I would've given more stars but it was incomplete. This book is clearly meant to be sold as a whole book, but I guess the publishers stepped in and decided to cut it into 3 parts, as is the fashion nowadays after the success of 50 shades. What you have here is 30% of the book, it can't even stand alone as the, so called ending, ends like a plate smashing, they are in the middle of the scene and then 'the end'. It's shameless that good authors treat us this way, they should value the loyal fans and not give us snippets calling it a book. I think it was about 120 pages all in all and I liked it very much, but I will not be buying the rest until it is sold as it should be as a whole.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 12 Feb 2014
I love KC's books and so was very excited to see 3 new books in the same range. Actually it's a con. They are all part of the same book just chopped up and sold as 3 books so you pay 3 times. If it had been sold as one book I would have given it more stars. It's full of sexy content although the lead female character was not so likeable in the first book she does warm up a little in the further 2 books. Please don;t try and con your readers KC. We love your books and will continue to buy them but please sell this as one book the way I am sure it was intended.

2.0 out of 5 stars a no no, 18 Mar 2014
Kresley Cole is normally very good but with Professional part 1 was not up to her normal standed so i gave part 2 ago but half way through i gave up and ditched 2.3 it was a waist of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 9 May 2014
J. Scholey - See all my reviews
I love Kresley's books and I always eagerly await a new release. The Professional series of books simply are just sex scenes linked together with a little narrative. The heroine is unlikeable and frankly an idiot and the hero is a one dimensional stalker. In my opinion these "books" we're written to cash in on the 50 shades of grey bandwagon. When I think this is the author that brought us Lothaire then I am shocked and saddened. No doubt there will be variation on the BDSM in the other two brothers books - should Kresley's decide to inflict them on us. Personally it's a few hours of my life I will never get back so I will avoid them. if you want to read better erotica then just do a search on google!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 23 May 2014
I was intrigued by the idea of the professional enforcer and the bosses daughter being together against a Mafia style backdrop. But that part of the plot seemed mostly glossed over. The main heroine was completely unrealistic (three jobs, studying for a master's degree and going out for social life all at the same time? She would be at least half-dead) and seemingly took turns being naive and then shockingly well-informed (for little excuse beyond 'having studied the country') .

It was definitely escapist reading as it didn't resemble our 'contemporary' setting in any way.

I bought the second part along with the first but I won't be finishing the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 star storyline with 5 star character relationships, 6 Aug 2014
I was introduced to this book on twitter (what a surprise) when my friend Victoria was reading it as part of the #SexMeUpReadathon that she along with the other Gosling Girls Book Tour girls were hosting in conjunction with the The Hot Bed team over at Simon and Schuster. I read the story in the three parts which were available on kindle from Amazon and read them back to back because I couldn’t end the story at only 30% through.

The story is all about main character and narrator Natalie. She’s a student and workaholic trying to put herself through a PhD without relying on anyone. She’s known for being able to read guys a mile off but when one dark and mysterious stranger defies her ability her life gets turned completely upside down.

First of all let me just put it out there that the story line is really a tad farfetched. For a kick off we’re talking about the mafia, abduction and gun toting Russians. Not anything that I know a lot about. If you are able to overlook the implausibility of the main character finding herself in this situation then I’m sure you will enjoy their relationship.

Natalie and Aleksandr have an instant chemistry that sparks straight from their first meeting in the bar. It later becomes revealed that as part of his work he has been following and protecting Natalie for a little while. Their chemistry intensifies when the characters are forced to spend time together in close quarters.

I really enjoyed their relationship, particularly when they were sparking off of one another in the beginning. The sexual element of their relationship is intense, very descriptive and contains some scenes which readers may not enjoy or may be put off by. This is definitely an over 18 read. Although I found it farfetched I did enjoy the writing and found that I couldn’t put any of the 3 parts down until I had finished them. Although I didn’t really know that much about Russian history which was included in the book it felt like it was well researched and descriptive enough to be relevant to the book without overpowering it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, not bad., 25 July 2014
This review is from: The Professional (Paperback)
Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE KCs books. I'm so exited for Dark Skye and have read ALL her other books multiple times but I just couldn't get into this.
Seems like its following the craze for the bondage that's about now, and that's fine. What I couldn't swallow was how easy the girl was to capture then accept this new life, and man and sexual desires. It was all just too easy she didn't have the spirit and spunkiness all the other main ladies have in her books.
She was captured and attempted to get away properly once. Then just went along with it.
Her dad whom she's just found, is a mob boss. Just goes along with it.
Gets taken to a foreign country and isn't allowed to leave the mansion. Just goes along with it.
The strange man that captured her and is sexually attracted to ties her up and she just accepts it.
Something bad happens there's a shootout and run for her life. Doesn't seem particularly bothered.... goes along with the escape plan and into hiding.
There are good points to this book. Kresley IS a very good writer and although I thought it was all too easy I do still love reading her books, very easy to read and get pulled into. And although personally I'm not into the whole bondage scene the sex scenes are still pretty hot, its not too in your face and not boring like 50 shades of grey.
I'm still going to read the next instalments to this series I just wasn't a fan of the main female character I think she was abit of a pushover, that's the only reason for the low stars. Im hoping in the next books she develops some balls.

2.0 out of 5 stars "The Professional" part 1, 20 July 2014
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Touted as "The Game Maker" series I thought this would be a series comprising of 3 full length novels. As a result I felt a little cheated when I realised that this was a novella that read as if a full length novel has been sliced into 3 parts.

When Natalie uncovers who her real father is, he uses the opportunity to order his chief enforcer Sevastyan to stalk her for a couple of months before kidnapping her, bundling her on a private jet and flying her off to Russia. This is of course all for Natalie's safety as his enemies threaten her, which may be the reason why Natalie quickly forgives and embraces into her life a father she has no history with. Natalie is overwhelmed by her lavish new life plus she's deeply attracted to Sevastyan, yet she's constantly manipulated by him when he attempts to force her in to a permanent relationship she's not ready for. He doesn't pay her feelings much attention at all, and therefore disappointed me as a leading man.

I love this author's "Immortal After Dark" series, yet was not impressed by this novella at all. I started to read part 2 before acknowledging I have no interest in the characters or the plot. Please KS stick to what you're good at; scorching love stories between a hodge podge of supernatural species.

5.0 out of 5 stars The build up, 2 May 2014
Natalie was adopted and is about to find out who her natural father is but it's got its consequences and with that Sevastyn enters her life making her want to give him something that she's never offered another man.
This first part is like a low simmer. When it comes to boiling over someone turns it down making this quite a steamy story and you know you want to read part 2.
Only let down is not long enough.
The Professional Part 2

5.0 out of 5 stars SAUCY!!!!, 24 April 2014
E. Andersson-Burke (Belize) - See all my reviews
OMG, my poor husband did not know what hit him when I got these books. They are so sexy and hot, I was actually squirming whilst reading some of the sex scenes..! I'm not even into bondage and pain but Kresley Cole is such a good writer (I love all her stuff!) it made me wonder what it would be like. I'm pretty sure I'm vanilla all the way, but this trilogy has made me wonder for sure. Oh boy is all I can say! Oh, and GET THEM!