Format: Vinyl|Change
Price:£18.20+ £1.26 shipping

on 7 March 2014
It may not be obvious from the outside, but this is really an EP mostly about Feel My Pain.
I wondered at the outset why Feel My Pain wasn't on Wakin On A Pretty Daze, but it is so good that it actually does deserve it's own disc, and when I play it, which is loads, I tend to play it over and over.

I don't know what happens from here, but to me it seems that Kurt Vile is putting out better and better records all the time and if there is more stuff like this yet to come, then I am in heaven. I'm not sure how it can get much better, though.

Feel My Pain is extraordinarily beautiful in it's classic KV awkwardness and fragility, that actually is extremely accomplished and crafted with an honesty and passion that just drips off the record. This needs to be bought on vinyl to really ensure that it is played with the reverence that it deserves, and to play it flippantly otherwise is to entirely miss the point.

Kurt Vile is one of the greatest true artists we have at the moment, and this album, together with Walkin On A Pretty Daze, are essential. Catch him live too if you can.