on 3 January 2014
This review isn't about the famous music - it speaks for itself.... but be prepared to hear your favourite albums split over 2 separate discs - 'Blue Train' is spread over Disk 1 and 2, 'Lush Life' on Disk 2 and 3, and 'Plays the Blues' on Disk 3 and 4

That said each disc lasts 68, 70, 76 and 60 minutes respectively, so you do get fantastic value for money ...

I consider this an essential purchase if you want to buy in bulk - and as an alternative I would consider buying this first before the first two of Coltrane's in the 'Classic Album series' by Real Gone Jazz - and then consider 'John Coltrane Original Album Series' (Rhino) - in which you get 5 of his Atlantic albums - leaving you with only 'Plays the Blues' as a duplicate.

I bought each set for under a tenner on Amazon - 11 great Coltrane albums for under £20. Insane ...
This Cd Box release by The Real Gone Jazz Label contains contains
Seven Classic Albums by the late great John Coltrane
8 Classics was also known as "Trane" was born on 23rd September 1926 and died on 17th July 1967.

Since his death he has been worshipped as a god, been 'downgraded' to the status as a saint and identified with St John The Baptist!
All of which I do not really have to go into but merely added because let's face it I cannot think of many musicians in my time converted to Sainthood never mind Godhood.

Just like its fore runner volume 1 and 2 the albums are spread over 4 Cds.
8 Classics (Volume 1
8 Classics - Volume 2

Like the rest of this excellent and bargain priced series the Cds have no information and minimal information.

At the time of writing Amazon do not give the track listing.
So this is not a review as such just some information so that potential buyers can actually see what's on the CDs
The sound has been remastered and The Real Gone Music (Jazz) label have received much praise for how they have done this BUT I would urge you to check out more knowledgeable reviews including the Amazon USA site because they are, more often, the experts on the sound transference.

The set has the following albums.
"Coltrane (1957)",
"Blue Train (1957)",
"Soultrane (1958)",
"Lush Life (1961)",
"Ole Coltrane (1962)",
"Coltrane Plays The Blues (1962)" and
"Coltrane (1962)".
As I said above the seven albums are spread over 4 CDs.
This annoys a lot of people who would prefer each to have its own CD but the amazing price really does make up for this I would suggest?

I've also put the actual Classic Albums names

BUT I may have made a few mistakes.
If you see any just add a comment and I will adjust and credit you with your sharp eyes and patience.

The all important Track Listing

06 Blues to Elvin
07 Blues to Bechet
08 Blues to You

[Disc 4]
Coltrane Plays The Blues (cont.)
01 Mr Day