Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 November 2013
Well, reviewing Barbra is not an easy task! From being ALMOST a rarity on live concerts, to producing several concert DVDs in the last 2 decades, one can see (and hear) that she has changed in the 50 years she's been ruling! True, her voice his lower now, but it's still pitch perfect! Mature yes... different, not really! Just listen to "The Way He Makes Me Feel", from Yentl, and it's Yentl all over again, no emotion changed, 30 years later!
This woman has everything, and is and always be unique and unparalled... It's not even a case of "often imitated, never equaled", because no one can really get close to her! It's not just her SINGING, but Barbra has something in her BLOOD and DNA that created and defined a genre all of her own!
Listening to her, and watching her (even if only on DVD, since her concert tickets are rarer, harder to get and more expensive than a 100 ct flawless diamond, and yet BETTER), do enjoy our Dear Babs.
Just a small note... yes, the album cover photo is HIDEOUS, but given that's Barbra on it, we'll forgive her for the slip up!
on 28 November 2013
Visiting Brooklyn in 2011 we were amazed to find that Barbra Streisand was on at the New Barclays Centre and luckily we managed to get tickets . The show was outstanding and although some people keep commenting on her vocal range I can only say that her performance was perfect. She obviously was proud and happy to be singing in her home town and that clearly came though all the way during the show. I will certainly get this CD/DVD as it will be a treasured reminder of once again seeing this great artist and I suggest all her many fans in the UK do the same.
on 9 December 2013
Just got my DVD/CD - have to say was buying out of loyalty to a woman who has entertained me since I was 12, not today or yesterday. I had all the other concerts so was afraid it would be more of the same. However I am happy to report that as usual she has packaged the show differently and there is a lot of new material, i.e. not done in concert form before. True her voice is in some ways not able to hug the melodies as before, but some will prefer the rougher, less perfect sound. The arrangements compliment the more mellow vocal range and I marvel as to how she can make Evergreen seem so fresh after so many other renditions. Jason Gould was the revelation of last year, he has a superb voice I wish he would record some more. But singing with his mom but have been a delight for both and sure is for the viewer of and listener to this concert. Well worth buying no matter if, like me, you have everything Barbra has ever issued. While a die-hard fan, I am not afraid to criticise and not one of those fawning types that thinks that everything the lady produces is flawless. But this time I have to hand it to her.... another triumph.
This magical live performance, recorded six months after her 70th birthday, shows why Barbra Streisand has been a global superstar for 50 years.

The occasion was the first two nights of her world tour beginning in Brooklyn, the place where she was born. She was performing with a 65 piece orchestra conducted by Bill Ross that provided such sparkling arrangements to all the Streisand favourites. From the gorgeous opener "As If We Never Said Goodbye" to the closing anthem "Some Other Time", this is a masterclass in demonstrating the range, sweetness and power of her voice and the total control that she has over it.

In her own words it is a celebration of music that she loves and written by people that she loves. This is the perfect cue for her to deliver stunning performances of the late Marvin Hamlisch's Oscar winning songs "Through The Eyes Of Love" and "The Way We Were" followed by a dramatic reading of Jule Styne's "Being Good Isn't Good Enough".

Of course, no Streisand performance would be complete without another Oscar winner, "Evergreen", from the movie "A Star Is Born" and another Styne classic, a spine tingling "People" from "Funny Girl". Among my own favourites is an enchanting reading of the Jimmy Webb classic, "Didn't We" and a gently swinging Cole Porter delight, "You're The Top".

Other standards include a duet with her gifted son, Jason Gould, singing Irving Berlin's "How Deep Is The Ocean" and "What'll I Do/My Funny Valentine, a Berlin/Rodgers & Hart medley, featuring some superb trumpet from Chris Botti.

These performances are magnificent and, in all senses, this album is a triumph for Barbra Streisand. For the rest of us, it's a celebration of half a century of Streisand magic.
on 12 December 2013
Love this one...as a confirmed Streisand fan....I am duty bound to say its good, but besides that, its BRILLIANT anyway....and the one that has you listening even more closely than before is the duet Barbra does with her son Jason... a definate must for all fans of REAL music anyway
on 27 January 2014
Not impressed with the quality of the DVD. She is my favourite artist of all time and this lets her down. The editing is not good but the sound quality is OK.
on 19 January 2014
Simply awesome & gorgeous. Have already watched the concert twice, since I bought it a week ago.
Would recommend it to anyone who is a BS fan.
on 13 April 2014
Barbara is back voice and appearance just wonderful to hear hear voice and she looks just beautiful it's a must
on 7 February 2014
It's a great CD which I will listen to and enjoy hearing very often. I highly recommend it to any Barbra fan.
on 1 January 2014
Bought this for my ladyfriend and the comments coming back from her are 100% enjoyable, I sneaked a listen of It before I posted It and It has to be said I've heard 90% of the tracks before, but the overriding message Is quality from 1st to last.