on 3 December 2013
When I first came up with the idea of promoting Carina UK authors I only had a few authors in mind. One I know personally as an actual friend, another I know online and due to beta reading for her. They both suggested a few other authors who may be interested, and from there it snowballed!

Today's author is one who contacted me, which I am amazed at! I will be honest, had I found his book on Goodreads or Amazon and read the blurb I possibly wouldn't have read it. Due to my features I have read it, and I can honestly say I am extremely glad I did!

This young man has produced a book which has a totally different take on the whole Heaven and Hell idea. I am not religious in any way, but this book held my attention throughout, made sense to me, and gave me a feel good moment when it all came together!

Lucifer is concerned about losing the 'game' with 'The Hated One' or God to the rest of us. Since going their seperate ways both sides have been desperately trying to gain more souls for their own. And unfortunately for Lucifer he seems to be losing the game.

From a simple quest to gain more souls for Hell comes an epic plan to create something which will tempt mortals to commit acts they normally wouldn't. This would allow their souls a direct line to Hell, and help Lucifer to win once and for all.

The plan comes from Kaarl, the son of one of Lucifer's board members, Mastema. The hatred between father and son is hilarious!

“What does that worthless waste of my seed have to do with this?”

“Kaarl had always been different from his brothers. Not “apples and oranges” different, “apples and I wish you had been a miscarriage” different.”

Mastema plans to have Kaarl sent to the mortal realm to carry out his plan, meaning Mastema himself gets to remain in Perdition.

Kaarl sets his plan in motion, and it is so successful Lucifer allows him free reign to continue his work. But Kaarl begins to have second thoughts when he sees Earth becoming strangely familiar to him.

And therein lies the twist which turns this book into something epic. Kaarl decides he needs to change his ways, and where he goes for help is something no one could have predicted.

This is the authors debut novel and is, I hope, the start of something special. The ending gives the clue that a sequel is in the works and I cannot wait to read it. A great story from a young author who has, I believe, a strong future in the literary world if he can produce more books like this.

There is only one small thing which niggled at me. There are a few grammar/spelling issues throughout the book which do need looked at. But it don't spoil the book for me.
on 17 November 2013
A witty, imaginative and funny look at good and evil, heaven and hell, different to any fantasy book I have read before, it really makes you think, a good plot with lots of funny one liners and the main characters are well thought out, I loved the twins, was supprised at God and some of the discriptions of other characters actually made me shudder, I do hope there is more to come.
on 1 May 2016
I really liked the beginning of this book. The author introduces the initial characters in a way that really brings them to life and I thought the premise was quite interesting. Unfortunately the initial richness seemed to peter out with the three main characters' personalities becoming quite bland compared to the vivid characters from the first chapter, especially the twins who seemed to be exactly the same person. For the bulk of the book the author seemed to use a lot of unimaginative dialogue and very little descriptive writing just to move the story along. I don't know how many times the phrase 'demonic duo/trio' was used but it was too many. It's very easy to read and quite fun but not the most well crafted book I've ever read.
on 9 June 2014
Couldn't put this down...very funny and yet gave one something to think about...well written and flows very well...liked the twins and their interaction with Kaarl...have it on authority that the sequal is out very soon...will definitely be on my reading list...hope to see much more from this talented young author...
Downloaded this following a post from an online friend who is related to the author. Thought I would give it a try and was very glad that I did. A most amusing and different look at Heaven and Hell. I am not religious at all so was dubious but I thoroughly enjoyed this clever book. Great characters, funny one liners, it has it all. My 2 favourites are Gabriel and Nergal, angel and demon who don't much like each other.

I am looking forward to book 2. I don't think the main protagonists will stay out of trouble for long.
on 5 January 2014
Captivating tale of a young demon in his quest for a new life! A really imaginative story of good vs evil. Hard to put down, can't wait for the next instalment.
I haven't read such a captivating story in a while. Very impressed with the descriptive writings and characture building. The way arch angel Gabriel is created, shows the quality and capabilities of this author! I await the next installment! this is a must read!
on 27 November 2013
Really enjoyed this humorous fantasy. Easy reading, interesting characters and great plot- kept me coming back for more. Will be eagerly awaiting the rematch!