5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a compact speaker and case!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:41 Mins
Ok, firstly this is a very thin and compact Bluetooth speaker so I can report, with this in mind, that the sound is very good.

You will never get the bass from likes of their Boom Dock but then it would be stupid to think you could from anything this small.

The case is really neat. I think it's a must have on anything which...
Published on 29 July 2012 by Beardy_Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate player for the price
Easy to use player that synched quickly with blue tooth.. Comes in a nice case and is very portable. Good delivery service by supplier.

Music wise it will fit the bill if you are just looking to have something that will provide background noise and for this the sound level is ok. However with 2x two watt speakers don't expect to have any kind of quality...
Published 25 days ago by Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a compact speaker and case!, 29 July 2012
Length:: 2:41 Mins

The case is really neat. I think it's a must have on anything which is travelling around with you like this. It's nice to see a hard case style like this with the capacity to put some extra cables and even a small MP3 player in it.
It's a big thumbs up. I hate it when I see suppliers just throw in a baggie which does no more then protect the speaker from dust!

The fact the rechargeable battery can be removed is also a unusual but good touch. You may notice it looks like the old Nokia batteries so replacements are very easy to find for cheep.
In my mind, 10 hours is a very good charge but for a little extra you could have a few of these in the case and suddenly it's more of a weekend camping trip then it is a day out for just 10 hours!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost flawless, 27 Sept. 2013
The positives:

Well made, sturdy design.
Surprisingly good bass levels and loud volume output without distortion.
Excellent battery life.
Useful, rugged travel case.

The negatives:

Although initial pairing was smooth, I have found that using the built in line-in socket can leave me unable to subsequently use the device again with a Bluetooth connection without completely resetting it and recreating the Bluetooth connection to my phone...
The battery cover seems ill-fitting. It is secure, but protrudes
The slot/token solution to get the speaker to stand up is not a 'feature' - it is a cheap alternative to actually fitting a pop-out stand - why?
Having bought spare batteries (it uses a standard Nokia mobile battery) it runs out the bundled battery is slightly thinner than the standard, making the cover protrude even further.

Conclusion:

Most of the issues I have are cosmetic and so not really relevant, but the pairing failure I experienced after using a line-in connection almost resulted in me returning the device. It was luck rather than judgement that got it going again, and I will be too nervous to ever use the hard connection again!. However, since I bought it for Bluetooth connection primarily, I can live with that. These issues are largely outweighed by the surprisingly good sound quality, the bass and volume levels still impress me every time I use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitsound Boombar Portable Rechargable Stereo Bluetooth Sound System, 14 Jan. 2014
Very pleased with this purchase. Sound quality is good and so easy to set up. Would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars WoW!, 30 Nov. 2013
S. Cass - See all my reviews
This is a great little travel speaker and was pleasantly surprised by the sound it produces. In addition to its great performances it also works as a hands free unit for your phone so its very handy if you need to use the mobile and PC / Mac when in the office.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., 25 Jan. 2013
The Boombar is what I was looking for, good sound from such a small speaker it is also rechargeable from a usb plug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 15 Sept. 2013
A brilliant product with only a couple of niggles. The performance is exceptional for the size; I found the bass acceptable, unlike some other reviewers, and the clarity excellent. Sound varies in quality depending on the surface and angle at which it is placed. The best so far is on a bathroom shelf against the wall tiles - truly magnificent. Really improved the bathing exerience!
Good points: quality of sound; easy to setup and use, less than a minute for my phone, about a minute for my laptop (as I had to switch off the bluetooth on my phone); the facilities which enable a phone conversation through the speakers.
Niggle 1: The volume buttons also for advancing or reversing tracks and have to be held down to increase or decrease the volume. That takes getting used to as too short a press results in loss of place, not too onerous with a music track but a real pain when listeing to an audiobook. Tip: set a high volume on the speakers and adjust the volume you want on your phone or laptop - no loss of place.
Niggle 2: the lack of any sort of gripping material (such as a bead of silicone)on the bottom seam so that it can be placed and angled on any surface. Being oval, it can be propped against most things but not on every surface. Lying it flat significantly reduces the sound in quality and volume.
Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty little speaker!, 24 Sept. 2014
I brought this product so I could listen to my music when I went to festivals and places that are not in a building or on the go but it is very useful in the house also. Had a party on Friday night and was perfect for the background noise rather than the TV.
It was packaged well and came in a good sized case so when I take it with me I know it won't get damaged.
It was perfect to connect with paired with my device instantly and so I was raring to go! It has a good volume level so could play high or low at my request. Not even realising that it could also be used for hands free so I can take calls and could crack on with tasks in my house whilst moving about and speak to someone when they needed me. Very handy!!!
Battery life very good and haven't had to charge up whilst using it yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Speaker. Great Value For Money., 18 Jan. 2014
I bought this device as I wanted to play music in my lounge but didn't want loads of cables running down the wall. The speaker can play music very loudly but the quality is better at a low to medium level. That said, I have this is a room which is approx. 5 metres by 6 metres and it fills the room with good quality sound without any problems. The device is a similar size to a Pringles tube.

My only gripe with the device is the small plastic 'coin' which sits in the back to stand it up. This would be better if the device had a flap on the back as its a matter of time before I loose the "coin". Carry case is a nice touch.

Its dead easy to pair up as well so don't worry about that. I used this on a Windows Surface RT with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good speaker, 11 Jan. 2015
My son recommended this speaker so I can listen to music wirelessly. Very pleased with the sound quality and easy to link to phone using Bluetooth. Delivery was prompt and price good. Overall very good purchase and I am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was not disappointed. The BoomBar is small yet solid and has ..., 7 May 2015
M. Snowball (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
I bought a KitSound iPod dock as a present for my parents several years ago and I was impressed with the quality of build. When I looked into travel bluetooth speakers, I was immediately drawn to this one because of my previous experience of the company. I was not disappointed. The BoomBar is small yet solid and has an amazingly "large" sound. It comes with a handy carry case which it fits snugly and a USB charger. To stand upright, a small coin sized piece of plastic slots into the back of the speaker, which I found an ingenious way to save space and keep the shape of the speaker as simple as possible. The added advantage is that if you lose the little plastic coin, you can just use a 2p piece.