4.0 out of 5 stars No One Knows
DS Jessica Daniel from the Manchester Police Force had some unspeakable tragedy befall her, and she has become a hermit of sorts, cloistered away in her home. It seems that Jessica is broken and doesn't or won't try to fix herself. We don't know why, we only know that she is alone.

In flashback sequence, we learn about Jessica's private life, and the...
Published 14 months ago by prisrob

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed
This is the worst Jessica Daniels book that has been written. I think Kerry has run out of ideas and maybe needs to take a step back and think about the plot more. Same format as before with all being solved / revealed when nearly at the end. So very disappointed
Published 9 months ago by Anne

4.0 out of 5 stars No One Knows, 1 Mar. 2014
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

In flashback sequence, we learn about Jessica's private life, and the problems/issues that set her back. It seems unreasonable that a new case could bring her out of her shell. But her superior, DCI, Jack Cole comes to her house ostensibly to see how she is, and then to let her know a new case was brought forth that would fit her abilities to a 'T'. After a bit he surmises that she probably us not the person for this case and leaves. We all know what that means, don't we? The case has everything that I have read about before, and to my mind this novel is not one of the better ones featuring Jessica Daniel. Certainly the mystery and the characters are well written. The disclosure of Jessica's issues seemed a ploy to me, to keep us reading. I found it difficult going until the last third of the book.

The mystery of the murders and the disclosure of the secrets are all old hat. With this seventh novel, Kerry Wilkinson is going to have to dig deeper for his next novel. Or, it may be time for a new character and a different type of police procedural. The novel kept my interest for a short while, long enough to finish the book.

Recommended. prisrob 03-01-14

5.0 out of 5 stars Jessica Daniel is Back, 16 Jan. 2014
S. Hill (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Behind Closed Doors (Jessica Daniel Series Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
Jessica Daniel is back, in this the 7th book of series we see Jessica being loaned out to a different force for a special assignment. The story is very dark, I have to say the darkest of the series so far. If you have followed the series from the beginning then you might be shocked on how dark it is compared to the earlier books.

As always with this series the story is gripping and the writing is top notch as would you expect, a few twists and turns which keep you guessing about how it's going to end.

I did like the darkness of this book, given the subject matter it could only be dark. I did make a nice change of pace and should that Jessica Daniel is as flawed as the rest of us.

WHY has these books not be made in to a TV show yet, is beyond me.

5.0 out of 5 stars another amazing outing for Jessica, 16 Jan. 2014
I've been hooked on Jessica books since book one was on offer on amazon. Each time Kerry brings Jessica back and you really become wrapped in Jessica's life. This one I was really excited for thanks to the ending of the last book, to begin with I was dissapointed ( trying hard to contain spoilers!) but I knew Kerry wouldn't let us down.

This book is deeper and brings things to the book that are hard subjects to broach. I feel Kerry has handled them well and once again handed us an enthralling read.

Again im now left in a Jessica free state so I guess it's another Jessica catch up reading from 1 again!

Thank you Kerry and long may Jessica continue!

Fiona

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, scary and all too probable!, 23 May 2014
Mrs. V. Bradley "bookaholic" (Kidderminster, Worcs., England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is the best Jessica Daniel book in the series so far. It would seem after traumatic events in her personal life that Jessica has given up on herself. She has shut herself away from the world and her self worth is at rock bottom. But one person feels she still has something to give - and he tells her 'If you want things to change, sometimes you have to help yourself'. DCI Jack Cole suggests there is a she can help herself and others, and offers her the chance to help another force close by. They need someone unknown in the area to gain entry into a community who have virtually severed contact with the outside world. The community is based in a stately home situated well off the beaten track where people go missing and are never again seen alive.. Jessica accepts the challenge and the story moves on apace. But will Jessica find out what's happening or will she let her past catch up with her and so find herself in great danger? For me I was reluctant to put the book down - the prose flows so well and the storyline is so believable it sent shivers down my spine. Can't wait for the next book in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Is Jessica now a lost soul???, 21 Aug. 2014
I have read all the Jessica Daniels series, and then I realized I hadn't read this one yet, so I got stuck in, In time for the new one coming out in 3 weeks. And i must say after just reading this one, i'm so glad i do not have long to wait for the next one.

After hiding away from troubles and worries, Jessica finally faces the world again, by going under cover into a house that recruits... well what do they recruit? Jessica is forced to face some of her demons to pull off this undercover mission, and can she come out a stronger person or is she lost forever?

I don't want to go into the story line to much for fear of giving away to much, what I can say is these books by Kerry Wilkinson just keep getting better and better, i'm not sure how he does it, but he's got his work cut out to make the next one as good as this or better. I hope he can pull it off, as the series is just fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another exciting page-turner from Kerry Wilkinson!, 18 Jan. 2014
Jessica is back! Hurray!
After the cliff hanger of Book 6's ending, Jessica is back, and a lot has happened. But you have to keep reading to find out what ;) There are two stories running within this book, but it's been done in such a way that it's not confusing in the slightest, it just sucks you in and keeps you turning page after page in the hopes the next one will tell you even more!

As usual, this book is full of a wonderful absorbing plot, clever twists and turns, intrigue and fascinating character development. You learn a lot more about who Jessica is as a person, and see sides to her that haven't been broached before. The main subject matter is lovely and dark, and is a subject that hadn't been touched upon before, it's fantastic!

I can't wait for the 8th book, so until then I'll be reading the entire series over again, I suggest you do the same ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 April 2014
Another great book, always exiting and really visually takes me into the book - can't wait for the next one with Jessica Daniels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 21 Feb. 2014
I have enjoyed every one of Kerry's Jessica Daniel books, and this one doesn't disappoint.
For existing fans, it won't disappoint and for new fans I recommend reading the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 20 Feb. 2014
I love these books, as they are set in Manchester. The detective is bold and ballsy. In this one she shows a more vulnerable side, combined with a great story about investigating a cult in. Enjoyed it and want more please

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read these books, 8 Feb. 2014
As always a right good read but over way to soon. Itching for the next book, they are just do addictive