5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since sliced bread
Excellent product, use it a lot as my ponies like to tear their rugs a lot. The only problem is when I leave a weight on the patch to keep it in place while the glue cures overnight the weighted object tends to get glued to it also. The product definitely works.
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by kathleen

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for
Having read the various 5 star reviews I was pretty sure I was on to a winner. I have a pair of rubber wellies that had started to develop a small stress tear which, at the time, was about 1cm long. This seemed like the perfect product to fix them.
I tracked down a supplier who charged a sensible postage fee and ordered a tube.
On the day it arrived I cleaned up...
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by A. Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing since sliced bread, 26 Sep 2011
Tip: use a sheet of kitchen paper between freshly glued surface and the weight used - that way only kitchen paper gets glued and then the remaining glued paper melts in the rain when your pony is wearing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars stormsure, 10 Aug 2010
Mr. D. M. Timothy (uk) - See all my reviews
this is a brilliant product, i use it for my wetsuits and wetsuit boots.
provides long lasting repairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Horse Rugs, 18 Mar 2013
I used this to repair several rips in my horse's outdoor rug from 2- 15cm long. It was great , easy to use and so far has not come apart. Much cheaper and just as good as a professional repair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stormsure, 27 Oct 2012
Having read reviews was not sure if it would do the job but happy to say repaired cut in wellies now back to dry feet good product

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT !, 15 Feb 2012
G. Evans - See all my reviews
I had an old pair of Hunter Wellies that had been in the shed for a couple of years resulting in them suffering from loads of cracks and splits , before binning them i decided to try Stormseal , glad i did as it did a wonderful job , my wellies are now fully waterproof again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for mending wellies, 17 Dec 2010
S. Ellis (Warwickshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this in the hope that I could mend some large cracks in a relatively expensive pair of riding wellies instead of having to buy a new pair - well it worked! Very impressed with the result and have saved a fortune by not having to get new wellies. Just followed the instructions and left to 'cure' for 24 hours. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Saver!, 1 Nov 2010
My Honda S2000 had a small tear in the roof, which apparently is quite commen after 5 years or so. The only thing I was told I could do is replace the roof for ZAR 23 000. Saw a clip on youtube for stormsure and decided to give it a go.

What an amazing product! Not only can you not see the tear anymore but the glue is so strong I dont think I will have to worry about it for another couple of years now. Amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong & flexible stuff, 12 Jun 2013
Very strong stuff. Repaired a rip in a fabric car hood which I was dubious about but am very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 28 Mar 2014
Richard Sterry (UK) - See all my reviews
I have used many types of glue and sealant both at home and at work, including many types of silicone rubber. However, this is unlike any that I have come across. It is low odour and slow setting, yet is a clear flowable liquid - a combination I have not seen before.

I used it to repair a 3cm gash in a pair of synthetic rubber willies, probably inflicted by barbed wire. You have to be careful that it doesn't run where you don't want it, as it will slowly creep downhill until it starts to set, which takes 2-3 hours. The result was a very strong repair that I reckon will last as long as the boots themselves. I put the repaired boots to the test round our local woods on several occasions, as well as in the garden, followed by vigorous scrubbing with a stiff nylon brush get the mud off. I deliberately scrubbed the repaired section too, and yet there is no sign of the sealant/adhesive being damaged or coming off.

I really am very impressed, and I just wish I had known about it before I retired from work!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I had hoped for, 26 Sep 2011
A. Hardy (Leominster, UK.) - See all my reviews
On the day it arrived I cleaned up the boots as per the instructions and applied the glue. It went on easily enough. I worked it into the tear and applied a layer to about 5mm of the surrounding area, again as per instructions. I then left it 24 hours to cure.
The following day I used the boots and found within a few minutes that although the glue layer had stuck well to the boot it had torn in exactly the same place as the boot underneath. Assuming I'd not applied it liberally enough or had not left it to cure long enough, I applied another layer on top of the original layer. This time I left it in a nice warm spot for about 36 hours.
Unfortunately within a few minutes of walking around in the boots exactly the same thing happened again, the underlying split in the boot had worked through splitting the layer of glue. The whole tear was now about 2cm long. So, not only had the glue not fixed the hole, it had also not stopped it getting any bigger.
On closer inspection I can see the glue is very much of a jelly like consistency (think wine gums) easily cut with a thumb nail and nowhere near as tough as the boot material
In case you're wondering, the hole is simply a result of wear and tear in cheap wellies it's not like it's rubbing against anything. So in conclusion I'd think that the glue might mend a one off tear where the material had accidently snagged against something sharp but where it's subject to normal stresses and strains it's just not up to the job.

Moral of the story; firstly, don't believe the hype and secondly don't buy cheap boots in the first place

Explorer Stormsure 7190 Clear Adhesive 15gm Tube