5.0 out of 5 stars how many sins in this ?, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Instant Whips and Dream Toppings: A true-life dom rom com (Kindle Edition)
When my friend debbie sent this to me, I thought it was part of slimming world programme, as I'm on this diet at the moment i was looking round for sin value ! What a pleasant surprise to find it was nothing to do with dieting ! The book moved me,amused me and kept me from thinking of food, well written and i will buy copies for my friends stocking ! Wish you all the success in the world. Janis X

5.0 out of 5 stars Smarter than the average bare!, 30 Oct 2013
This highly revealing and laugh out load funny acount of the life of a provincial girl made good(or bad) was an utterly compelling read from start to finish. By turn intelligent, thoughtful,dark and revealing Jacky takes us on a whistle stop tour of the "other" London that very few "non scene" people ever experience. A fasted paced storyline takes us from her childhood in Newcastle down to the "bright lights" of London and beyond as Jacky "walks her talk" to experience the full gamut of human emotions from both her clients and herself. BDSM devotees will love this together with the enquisitive and curious who are yet to explore this unique world. An honest and endearing account from a woman who HAS "been there, seen it, done it" in spades - enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe you can judge a book by its' cover, 28 Oct 2013
My wife and I both read this and it did what it said on the tin really. Funny title - comic cartoon dominatrix - a dom rom com. Not heard the dom rom com expression before but it made sense as we read the book. Different to all the BDSM books out there that are same old same old. The author drew me in, vividly painted pictures of client rollplays and her sometimes horrendous personal life. And made me laugh aloud several times and chuckle a lot throughout. Very clever use of puns without being OTT and great humor too. The scary session where she was tied up had me totally and utterly hooked as it was one of the most unexpected parts of the book but contrasted well. My wife found the pregnant woman session scariest, probably as she's been preggers twice and wouldn't have dared had a dom session at the time. It took me til almost the end of the book to realise that the client sessions were in italics so you could just read those if all you wanted was that part. I'd recommend reading the whole though as clients and her own life weaved smartly together and kept me wanting to know if there was a happy ending. I liked the sex chapters speically while my wife loved Batman and Paddington Bear clients best. I liked all the music chapter headings but they past my wife by totally so whatever floats your boat I guess. Very funny read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A witty comical and at times sad insight into the life of a Dominatrix, 27 Oct 2013
Instant Whips And Dream Toppings is a fantastic read!
A book that I found hard to put down!
A very candid witty look into the life of a Dominatrix that will slightly shock, delight and tittillate the senses!
As I read, I found myself drawn into Jacky's world and felt like I was actually there in the streets of London!
I love the way the book skips back and forth between past and present explaining how different situations lead to how Jacky evolved to become a Dominatrix rather than simply deciding on a whim that this is what she wanted!

It teaches us not to judge anyone in any situation on who they are now but to look deeper into how they have become the people they are now!

The book is a candid bitter sweet look at into the life of a character with some funny and sad happenings that could easily happen to any of us!
I feel the book has left an opening to an as yet unfinished story of on going trials and tribulations as is the case with us all.
This story is one of both comedy, tragedy poignancy and scattered throughout with funny musical references (look out for them!) and sad occurrences that will have you both laughing and crying simultaneously with Jacky
I was disappointed when the book had to come to an "end" although you do get the feeling that all is not over until the "not so fat lady sings!"
I can hardly wait for the next instalment and really hope there is going to be one!

I almost feel I know this lady and just wanted to give her a huge hug and congratulate a true survivor in this harsh world.
This is one book I will be reading again and I highly recommend you read it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Please Mistress Kimberley can we have some more?, 17 Dec 2014
Thank you Jacky for writing a fantastically candid account of your experiences. I was recommended this book by someone and as soon as I started the first page, I couldn't put it down.

Funny, naughty, intelligent and witty as well as thought provoking don't go far enough to describe this book.

I think most of the other reviewers have managed to express my own thoughts about this book by giving a full five stars, so I won't add any unneccessary statement except that I would hope that anyone else that reads this book enjoys it as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening! Jaw dropping!, 13 Nov 2014
This book was like nothing I have ever read before (I was not tempted at all to read the 50 Shades books) However Jacky gives an amazingly frank and often funny account of her transformation from business woman to running her own high class Dungeon. The book is described as a ‘Dom Rom Com’ and it genuinely is. The book is cleverly written interspersing her personal story with stories ‘from the dungeon’ which are in italics and her use of word play is admirable ‘Whether it is nobler to suffer the slung pastries or to take arms against a sea of truffles, I am uncertain’ Jacky speaks honestly of her struggles with her weight and with depression and also about her love affair with Max who eventually broke her heart. She takes charge of her life and using her acute business brain moves to Gran Canaria where she runs another successful business catering for an alternative lifestyle and she is in her own words ‘responsible for my own happiness’ What a life she has had – long may she continue!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you found Fifty Shades luke warm and wondered what all the fuss was about, then read this one....it's hot, hot, hot, 9 Dec 2014
I read, frankly with disbelief, at the start of the book, at Jackie's adventures. But half way through, her experiences of relationships and insight into people and their different forms of escape from their "normal" hum drum lives, became so revealing. I read about 2 chapters of the 2nd Fifty Shades of Grey novel and frankly, didnt go any further. I was bored. This cant be said of IW&DT - it fair scampers along but yet maintains a coherent trail for the reader to follow. And its very very clear about what is going on, or rather went on. This isnt the stuff dreamt up by a bored housewife. This is real life, well one anyway, and an extra-ordinary one at that. Do not be put off by the flamboyant title and cover. This is a really good read. I was howling out loud at some of the stories and dumbstruck at others. But I could relate to the personal truimphs in the end. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 1 July 2014
I loved this book! Just could not put it down and read it in record speed. It was so well written and I also loved the little puns - very clever!
It does make 50 Shades read like Enid Blyton, and it has really opened my eyes! What a lady and what a life she has plus a great business woman to boot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 27 Jun 2014
Well written and humorous.
Very detailed information on fetishes so not a book for the easily offended reader.
Would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant couldn't put it down!, 5 Jun 2014
Great read Jackie writes with honesty and humour.People could certainly relate to her. Having met her in the flesh it's hard to put the two personas together as she's quite shy! Great read would recommend :)))