5.0 out of 5 stars First Impression of HannsG T23" Touchscreen Monitor
This is my initial review of the HT23 monitor having just bought it and set it up. I went for this monitor to use on a Windows 7 two monitor set up that was using 2 Dell 20" monitors. On receipt I was surprised how thin the box was, when the monitor was removed from the packaging it was actually pleasingly slim, fairly weighty and looked like a quality product.
I...
Published 8 months ago by IzWizBiz

1.0 out of 5 stars A tale of woe
Published 3 months ago by Steve Longden

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impression of HannsG T23" Touchscreen Monitor, 24 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HannsG HT231HPB 23-Inch Widescreen Touchscreen LCD Monitor (Accessory)
I have used my LED TVs to display HDMI resolution 1080 PC pictures before and have never been satisfied with the results, particularly text was very poor. I was therefore fairly convinced that this monitor would give similar results and would be on its way back to Amazon.
I simply unplugged the a Dell DVI connection, plugged it into the HT23, connected the monitor power supply, and booted the PC. Windows booted, I changed the settings to make the HT23 the primary monitor. The picture was vibrant and crisp, slightly too bright but really excellent. Sitting next to the other Dell monitor the HT23 was clearly a far better picture. Text was really sharp and surprising for me considering my previous experience of 1080 big screens. Brightness was easy to reduce to around 80% from 100%, other adjustments are made from an onscreen menu system that is operated from switches on the back of the monitor.
I then connected the USB cable, Windows loaded some bits and pieces automatically and I rebooted the PC, the touch function then worked a treat. Very easy to use and sensitive to the touch, a very good touch experience indeed. I set windows to work with single tap and it is now just like using a really large tablet.
I can use touchscreen/mouse/keyboard/virtual keyboard/touch pad in any combination on the new screen, even my wife who only uses a tablet, was up and running a few seconds and loved the size of the desktop and browser window, commenting how good for online shopping it would be!!
So my initial opinion is great picture - graphics and text, great flexibility using various inputs as required. Very pleased with this product and almost surprised how really good this monitor is. When you couple this with the price, it is a winner.
I'll update this review if there is any change.
Update (after several days)
The sound quality from the internal speakers is not up to much, they do not compare to the Dell sound bar quality. Apart from that this is proving to be great monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, poor handbook, 12 May 2014
I am extremely happy with the performance of this monitor, which I bought at the same time as a new Windows 8.1 desktop computer in order to benefit from a touch-screen. It works very well and the resolution is first class. The speakers are no more than adequate but then I do not use the desktop for listening to music.
The handbook, however, is disappointing, appearing to be poorly translated and confusingly expressed. It took me 24 hours to get any sound out of the speakers because the handbook fails to make clear that, if the monitor is connected to the computer's graphics card with an HDMI cable, you must NOT use the audio lead supplied. In fact, the handbook instructs you to connect both the HDMi and the audio lead. It was only when, by a frustrating process of elimination, I disconnected the audio lead at both ends, that the monitor's speakers suddenly sprang into life. It is a shame that the manufacturers skimped on the handbook when they have produced a very fine monitor at a competitive price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got Windows 8, general home or student PC user? Get this. Don't buy anything else!, 5 Dec. 2014
I purchased this for my partner as she had invested in a new PC running Windows 8. At the time I thought it looked good value and was an attractive design, although I was not familiar with the brand.

It duly arrived in the post and was well packaged. Instructions were clear and logical. Duly set it up, plugged it all in and slipped the driver disc in. All straight forward.

Turns out this is an impressive product and works hand in hand with Windows 8 so seamlessly it almost makes me jealous I am still running W7 on my own PC. Very responsive and picture quality is excellent. Looks a very very clever and modern device and is almost attractive enough to be considered a piece of furniture if you wanted to create a modern minimalist work space. As with other reviewers I found I had to adjust the monitor down slightly because I felt the brightness was slightly excessive. The monitor feels solid and well made, and the device itself runs with virtually no-heat output so gives you some confidence it is well made. I would say anyone worried a 23 inch screen might be too large and invade their desk I have found it makes using Windows and word or your browser etc as a daily driver much much more pleasant and functional as you can now truly run with more than one window up at a time (W8 seems to like presenting screens in two halves as well but no doubt more experienced users could make it work a whole lot better).

Only downside is that the speakers built into the device, whilst functional, do sound a bit empty and are obviously not up to the specification and sound quality that you might expect from a good pair of headphones or surround sound speakers, but they are perfectly adequate for watching the news or youtube, for example, but the heavy itunes user might be less than enthusiastic about them. Would probably work well for gaming but I'd have to use a proper headset for the sound. I'd be sorely tempted to get a 27 inch version if they made one.

5.0 out of 5 stars First impression ....... perfect, 31 Dec. 2014
Mr. Martin Brown (Romsey UK) - See all my reviews
SET-UP: I plugged it in to my Windows 7 Lenovo laptop and it just worked! I had to do nothing whatsoever. Windows loaded up the necessary drivers with zero input from me. The laptop happened to be sleeping, with its screen closed, when I connected the HannsG but it recognised that there was now another screen available and it woke up in full touch-screen mode. I had to set absolutely nothing and I can now leave it in sleep mode operating everything from the touch-screen. I am using the laptop/screen for some fairly simple process control (Railmaster) and the HannsG is just perfect for that, far more intuitive than a mouse.

Colours and resolution appear perfect to me (I have flawed colour vision but excellent acuity). It takes very slightly more than the lightest possible touch to make it work but it is plenty sensitive enough for all practical purposes. For comparison - an iPhone will react with a lighter touch.

My first impression is that this screen is an absolute bargain. I don't know why it is cheaper than most touch screens but I have no experience of touch screens except on tablets and phones. For my purposes it works just fine. It seems to be well engineered and sensibly designed - I like having the speakers on the front where you can get good clear sound and plenty of surround to grab hold of to alter the angle when you need to. As it is 'cheap' maybe it will not last a life-time but I have a 2005 HannsG (normal) screen which still works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked it so much I bought another, 19 Mar. 2015
Paul Tatam (UK) - See all my reviews
I liked it so much I bought another. Using with Windows 8 Desktop PC - so not a huge demand for touch and didn't justify paying typical touch screen prices. Then I saw this monitor and thought it was worth a try. The screen came very quickly, well packaged and my delivery driver commented that they were very good as he uses them for his Graphics work - so a good start ! Simple to install - just connect up and away you go.
The screen is good to look at, nice glass front (I don't worry about reflections where it is sat) - and has a nifty tilt bracket on the back. The colour, resolution and performance are excellent and with the added touch capabilities that work very well on Windows 8.1 after calibration, you can't go wrong. I asked my daughter if she wanted to replace her old Dell screen when I ordered and she said not - however as soon as she saw this screen in action she went straight in to pester mode for one too :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING SCREEN, 12 Mar. 2014
Mr. Anthony Gibb (Salisbury UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic delivery, easy to set up and hey presto the most fantastic screen is working so smoothly. Really bright and sharp. Touchscreen works really well and saves a lot of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor at the price., 26 Dec. 2014
Wow. This is an amazing monitor for the price. I've got it lined up against an Asus monitor the same size display. The colour reproduction is better (IMHO) than the Asus - and I've attempted some basic calibration to prove it. The HannsG is a bigger overall unit where the Asus has the speakers hidden - the Hannsg has them below.

The controls for the unit are also not very accessible - they are hidden on the back right. In most setups - that's not a major problem - let the monitor go into power saving and you wouldn't need to press them. However, I operate two computers on the same monitor pair - one using DVI and the other using HDMI. The HannsG will auto switch to the input that's providing content, but if both computers are on - the right combinations of buttons have to be pressed each time to switch inputs. Given the position - that makes finding the right buttons each time a strain - especially when compared to the other monitor where the controls are on the bottom.

Sound is nothing special - but you'd expect that.

The tilt stand for the monitor is built onto it and doesn't appear to be removable - but that didn't prevent it being mounted on to a VESA monitor mount.

The touch functionality on the device works surprisingly well. It's detected all 10 fingers in my tests. It's been responsive and easy to manage. Windows setup for it was quick and easy - all I had to do was tell Windows which of the two monitors was touch screen (easy to do in control panel).

Finally - the bezel on the monitor is large. Certainly larger than it's companion - maybe double the size - but I'm seriously considering replacing the Asus with another one of these. Can't beat it at the price.

If you compare this to a top of the line monitor - then you might find it wanting in places - but that's not the point. This is a budget touch screen monitor - and it easily outperforms the other monitors in the same price bracket.

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT VIEWING not so hot sound, 16 Oct. 2014
After a lot of consideration and product reviewing and searching , i eventually purchased this monitor to complement a recent purchase of a new windows 8.1 base unit . At fist i was a little wary as i had not heard of HANNS G before . Order arrived within a few days , and i had read all the reviews on here and other sites . Monitor came well packaged and was very easy to set up . Attached to base unit using hdmi cable (not supplied) and the supplied usb cable , which is required for using the touchscreen , Very bright monitor with good colours and touchscreen is very responsive . I have found no dead pixels so far and unit came with a 3 year warranty . This is perfect for watching video and online content , Netflix , you tube etc .I watched the football on it the other night and it was picture perfect . Now the reason for 4 stars and not 5 . The built in speakers are for the want of a better word crap !! They are very tinny and the sound from them are just awful . Even on itunes when i tried all different settings with the equalizer , they were still terrible . I can't and wont complain too much as the picture on this is amazing . The screen is a little reflective though and may be a good idea to place it out of direct sunlight . So far though , i love it just a pity about the speakers . For the price though it's brilliant . Other monitors out there without touch screen that are much more expensive . For the money a great buy and comes recomended , just use headphones or plug in external speakers . There is a headphone socket to use . If i could it would actually get 4 1/2 stars , but sound lets it down bigtime .

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Monitor for the Price, 17 Oct. 2014
I bought this unit as I had read good reviews for this model. This complements my Windows 8.1 desktop with the multitouch mapping accurately done upon being plugged in.

The colours are also very good, a little bit of tweaking from factory settings makes the colours even better.

I haven't tested the in-built speakers as I have a separate sound system.

For the price that this monitor is, a full touchscreen 23" monitor is very good! I'll be picking up a second one at some point in the future to replace my second screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars A tale of woe, 23 Feb. 2015
We had one of these and when connected to a nearly new laptop, the laptop died. We thought it was a fault of the laptop, and sent that away for repair (new motherboard). On the next outing of the monitor (we use the monitor occasionally, for exhibitions), all the USB ports of another laptop we connected to it failed. Only at this point did we suspect the monitor (still less than a month old). We tested the power supply and found it had over 80 volts of a.c. breakthrough on it (at low current). We took the monitor back to the retailer and said 'if you do test that, be careful', to which they replied, 'yeah we know, we've had another of these break one of our computers already' and refunded us. We thought Hanns-G ought to know, and they were very communicative, but ultimately said that the 80v a.c. on what should have been a 12v d.c. power supply leading to a 5v USB connection was normal, and denied liability for the equipment failures we experienced. Note also the 1-star review by David Morgans who similarly suffered equipment damage, and the 3 star review by Bruce Miller who says "Rather alarmingly when I tried reconnecting the usb plug bright sparks arced between the PC and plug."