Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 December 2013
This album contains Mankind's entire back catalogue of 3 singles (A-sides and B-sides) with the choice of 12" (Club) or 7" (Radio) edits. They are transferred from 'rare pristine vinyl' due to the loss of the master tapes in a fire.
Although they sound like vinyl, the quality is very good, and it's nice to have them all collected on one disc.

These original tracks are bookended by a Dr.Who 'Cosmic Remix' plus a new (2013) vocal track seemingly unrelated to Mankind.

I would only recommend this CD for fans of Mankind, or collectors of Dr.Who memorabilia.
on 14 April 2014
What we have here is the complete output by one-hit wonder group Mankind who had a hit with Doctor Who in December 1978, using old vinyl records, as the studio masters of all these tracks were destroyed in a fire. Considering this CD is produced using old vinyl recordings, it is digitally re-mastered very well.
on 16 December 2013
I have always liked doctor who and the mankind rendition of the theme tune is rather spectacular...............the whole album is fantastic. Well worth a listen.
on 5 March 2014
Excellent album, bringing together rare & long lost tracks from the Mankind catalogue, the surprise Top 30 hit "Dr.Who" was also released on multiple colour vinyl's in 12" form.

Sadly, three members of Mankind are no longer with us, this compilation serves as an excellent memory of them, RiP.
on 21 December 2013
The original disco version of teh classic tv theme Dr Who finally available on cd.
Also featured are the long versions of all the original albun tracks along with a
brand new version of the single.
on 28 November 2013
Great stuff! When Mankind's version of Dr Who first appeared it ticked lots of boxes - music from my favourite TV programme, lots of synths and drums, and coloured vinyl! I bought the 12" single on blue vinyl (was there a black vinyl version? A mate had it on red and I saw a brown copy in the shop!) and I remember the cool guy in the record shop (well, he always appeared to be pretty cool to me at the time) describe it as 'wally music'. Well, I must have been a wally at the time cos I loved it. And it still brings a smile to my face now!

I also bought the follow-up single, "Chain Reaction" (on white vinyl! Ha ha!!) but it didn't match up to the first single and hasn't really improved over the years.

OK, it's obviously a cash-in on the DW 50th anniversary, and it sounds pretty dated and cheesy, but based on downloads of just the Who theme and its b-side "Time Traveller" (the long versions - excuse me, "Club Mixes" - of course!) I've marked this as 4 stars. Take the album as a whole and I think I'd have to drop that score cos it's simply too dated and repetitive .... and four versions of the Who theme is really milking it a bit too much!

Get those two tracks - forget the rest!
on 6 August 2014
love the music
on 26 November 2013
It's an acquired taste and really only for a fan of 70's electrofunk. The Dr Who theme only features on Four tracks and to my untrained ear, all sound the same.

If you have fond memories of this album or if you like this sort of 70's music (it got into the 1978 charts and was featured on TOP OF THE POPS) then by all means pick up this update but to call it WHO related is a disservice.

I'm not sure I would even recommend it for the curious.

Not my cup of tea.......