on 22 April 2015
When I bought this (in a pet shop, not on Amazon), I wasn't sure if this was going to be a waste of money, but it honestly made house training our rescue puppy so much easier. In fact, she seemed to understand much more readily that the pad holder was where she was meant to go, whereas when we just used the pads, she would crouch at the edge and still partly wee on the floor. The lip around the edge seemed to help her target practice lol.

The added benefit was that it obviously makes cleaning up so much easier. If you get the right size of training pad, the outer edge of this sits on the lip/rim, and the corners clip in, meaning that everything is contained on the pad and there are no spillages (which can happen if you just use the pad).
One thing to note, though, is that certainly our dog only used it for No. 1s - for No. 2s she didn't even consider using it, so you have to watch your dog carefully for that to make sure it goes where you want it to (though as they usually go after certain events (eating, playing, exercise) that's not too difficult).

We only needed it for it's original purpose for about 3 weeks in our case (our pup was 6 months already but had never been hometrained) - if your puppy is younger, it'll probably take longer and you'll probably get more use out of it (note that the same company do a spray which attracts the pups to the pad and makes it more likely for them to choose it as toilet spot).
Despite the fact that we only needed it for such a relatively short time, I still think it was money well spent. The holder (complete with one of the left over pads) now sits near the back door and acts as wet paw trap in addition to the mat, so 2 months on it's still useful now, though I'm sure we'll retire it at some point in the near future.

So, yes, I'd definitely recommend it!
on 17 January 2014
Ha Ha That stopped puppy dragging the pads around the room and trying to chew them up. Seriously, Comes folded in half just open it up and slide the clips across. Lay pad across and corners clip into place.
on 2 January 2014
This is just fantastic as our puppy thinks the best game ever is to pick up her training pads run round like a lunatic and rip them up at every opportunity. This keeps the pads in place and weighs them down. Highly recommended. I would ideally like to buy one for each room.
on 5 January 2014
The idea of using the holder is good, but my puppy will not use it, and has decided it is somewhere else to lie down on.
on 18 January 2014
Had 2 previous different trays, but this is the best. It is much cheaper in price. It has a little rim going the whole way round that catches excess urine. You can use pads or newspapers to go on it.
on 26 October 2015
Great for a rescue puppy who seems to have been kept inside, hence no potty training. She is now going on the mats, so things are settling down. 6 months old and ingrained bad habits take some time to eliminate. A great idea and suitable for our situation. update... 20/11/2015 Now some weeks later and although the mats are still available to her, my little lady now asks to go outside and poops and pees in the garden. She still uses the mat if I am not in the house to let her out, and she had a mat by her bed which is hardly ever used now. Took a while but she got there.
on 17 February 2016
Used this for about 3 months for my puppy who is now 6 months old. She is now almost house trained, and knows to go outside or let us know she needs to, and daytime accidents are now rare, so I only use the holder and pads overnight. She often poops next to it, rather than on it, but always pees in the middle of the pad. Cleaning up in the morning is therefore quicker and easier with a pad on this holder. After daily use for a couple of months, one of the corner clips failed, breaking the little lump of plastic that it clips onto, but the other 3 corner clips still work and thats enough.
The puppy is now occasionally saving her toileting till shes let out in the morning, and leaving us a clean puppy pad and floor (yay), but I will continue using the holder and pads overnight.
on 7 March 2014
Used this rather than pads straight on floor. Really saves the worry of damp floors although pup did sometimes 'straddle' the edge which did cause overflow! Not sure if higher edge may have helped. All in all good purchase.
on 31 July 2015
Words cannot describe how useless this product is. For that reason, I've provided an image.
review image
on 6 December 2013
A good idea for holding the pads in place only thing is my puppy keeps chewing the plastic corners and keeps laying on it when sleeping but would recommend it to other dog owners