5.0 out of 5 stars My shoulders hurt from all the slinkingl
Two disclaimers first off, I had never actually heard of Caro Emerald before I bought this album and I don't like Jazz
(It bodes well doesn't it ha ha)

I bought this as album of the week as a risk and boy has it paid off. It trasnforms me to a smokey American underground bar during prohibition - and if an album can do that then it has to be good...
Published 14 months ago by James Walls

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing
I expected more. Can not be compared with the previous CD - as a matter of fact sounds like the recycled pale copy of the previous work...
Published 9 months ago by Ivan Djordjevic

‹ Previous | 157 58 5963 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I expected, 16 May 2013
What a terrific album.She is great, so versatile,it makes me want to dance the tango.I bought it after hearing Tangled Up played a lot on Radio Humberside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 16 May 2013
First saw Caro on freeview red button from a radio concert and was very impressed.
So went ahead and invested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its growing on me..., 16 May 2013
At first hearing, its not so catchy of "cute" as her first, but repitition is paying off...and I am slowly finding the songs in my head.
Seems a lot more complex than the first also, far more wordy - perhaps even more polished also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking?, 16 May 2013
Roger Thurston (Buckinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
What a brilliant follow-up album after the splendid "Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor" debut. More of her brilliant interpretations and foot-tapping style. No wonder the "Shocking" Album has shot to the top of the charts with the debut album also still in the Top 40.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 16 May 2013
Van Gogh fan (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Lively and catchy music. As soon as I heard it I knew had to buy the album. Brilliant singer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Present for me, 15 May 2013
Tom (Rochester) - See all my reviews
Already have her 1st C.D and although only her second C.D. well worth waiting for. Hope do not have to wait so long for the 3rd????

5.0 out of 5 stars Caro Emerald dvd, 15 May 2013
Big fan of Caro Emerald loved her first album and this is another feel good listening. Due to see her in concert in September

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely album, 15 May 2013
Always been a fan of this jazzy 50s style, 'Black Valentine' in particular sounds like it ought to be a Bond theme song... love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing listen from the current dross in the music world, 15 May 2013
Nigel Jacobs - See all my reviews
Caro Emerald is a refreshing listen ,this album carries on and evolves from deleted scenes and makes a good listen

5.0 out of 5 stars Toe tapping sequel., 14 May 2013
I came across Miss Emerald and her first album whilst on a business trip to Holland before her UK debut. I brought home a copy and bought the first album as soon as it was released. This album has the distinction of being pre-ordered something I don't do. Well it was worth it and I would do it again. The songs are produced beautifully and Miss Emeralds voice is as smooth as silk . I believe the songs have been chosen with great care and attention to detail. They are wonderful in one album but are different and the same at the same time. Quite a feat but this listener has been entranced and bewitched for a second time. Let us hope that there are more albums in the pipeline for the future. Great on a hifi and I am sure one to take on your portable device too.

‹ Previous | 157 58 5963 | Next ›

The Shocking Miss Emerald Deluxe Edition
The Shocking Miss Emerald Deluxe Edition by Caro Emerald (Audio CD - 2013)