on 9 June 2014
This is a reasonably good review of body language. Borg writes clearly and he seems to know his stuff. (It is not exactly clear how he knows his stuff, or what his qualifications are, but I let this pass as it all sounds credible). He has a chatty, interactive style as if he is talking to you which generally works - although occasionally feels artificial. Overall, I enjoyed the read and ploughed through the book in a few days.

A few criticisms. The first is that the formatting is cluttered and overaly busy. This sounds trivial, but it irritated me and spoilt the read. The book uses the publishers old favourite of pulling odd sentences out from the text and highlighting them in bold. This is fine, but the sentences chosen seem to be at random and sometimes fairly meaningless phrases from sentences. Secondly, there is simply so much stuff in this book it is hard to know what to do with it. Borg seems to write at two levels - at a high level which is fine, but not much more than basic common sense, or at a low level details, which can be interesting, but there is so much that I doubt you will remember much when you have stopped reading. Something intermediate might mean you took something new away from the book.
on 4 February 2016
I really like James Borg's books: they are very engaging and readable, with some solid substance underneath.
on 20 January 2015
Quick delivery. Amazing book
on 17 April 2014
I'm sorry but I didn't find that this book taught me anything that I could use. A lot of the observations seemed quite intuitive and obvious. Some of the rest of the book suggested things that I didn't think sounded right either (it just didn't seem to concur with my experience). In my opinion (and of course this is only a personal view), I felt that this had been put together quite quickly as the book seemed to lack coherence.
on 1 February 2014
This is a top book for what is not just an interesting subject, it is also something that once you learn you never stop using.