5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars but could have been one...
Published 9 months ago by Derek Ian Elder

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money
Like most people over 30 and into house music I own most of these tracks several times over, however when I saw the track listings I thought what a quality collection, perfect "new" cd for the car. However buyers and house music fans beware....

Published 9 months ago by Martin Symes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five stars but could have been one..., 11 Nov 2013
Derek Ian Elder (Edinburgh, Sotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
...because I was torn between the idea of a proper mix by one of the all-time greats of modern DJing, and having the tracks unmixed so that I could mix or at least reorder them myself. I've gone for the latter view, but I respect the views of the one-star voters. It is a bit of a con to show Tong at the decks on the cover of this collection when there's not a mix in sight and just about every track is a radio edit. This is more of a 'Clubbing History 101' for those younger than I am - 59, like one of the one-star posters. Interesting that none of the commenters so far [mine is the 9th] has quibbled with the track selection, so the real issue is mixed/unmixed and the misleading cover pic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Mixed = Brilliant!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
I can see a number of (valid) comments about these tracks not being mixed - but for someone like me who cannot stand mixed albums (particularly compilations) and often listens to such albums on shuffle, this is perfect.

I spotted this album on Google Music, but they only seem to have a dozen or so of the tracks listed. When I realized this contained 60 tracks (particularly such a brilliant selection), I couldn't believe it. Plus instant download/playback through Amazon Cloud Player.

Great stuff!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)

On the face of it this triple cd is indeed a representation of some of the best music of an (or even several) eras. HOWEVER don't be fooled, despite the artwork on the front cover the tracks ARENT EVEN MIXED!!! To add insult to injury a quick skim through shows they are pretty much all nasty 3 minute radio edits with vocal fade downs at the end of each track.... hardly reflective of what the House music scene that has brought you fame and fortune is all about Mr. Tong!!!

15 plus years ago I spent (what was then) silly money to see Pete Tong DJ at the Ministry of Sound on New Years Eve. I felt sorely let down when the mixing was appalling and Mr Tong could be seen beer bottle in hand behind the decks (related??). Once again I feel ripped off and for anybody still considering buying this cd save yourself some money and pick mine up second hand as it is heading straight for eBay. CDs 1 and 3 haven't even been played!

5.0 out of 5 stars All the classics - not mixed, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
A great compilation and as a bonus you get the free MP3. I'm not sure what Pete Tong's contribution was (did he select the playlist?) as none of the tracks a mixed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Nov 2013
AJB (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
Good mix of music for the price. Brought back many happy memories but realise I am getting too old now!

1.0 out of 5 stars One word , CON, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
Mixed with skill a seriously great compilation,a good line up of tracks,BUT it isn`t so just brought out at crimbo just to fleece the punters with no class or effort.He probably didn`t even choose the tunes,,,AND Pete Tong paid very well just to sit on the the front cover,shame on you,where`s your principles man,paying fans put you where you are.Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me,aint going to happen.AVOID

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge disappointment, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
Peter Tong should be embarrassed putting his name to this, I would like to think that he hasn't actually listened to is so bad. There are massive gaps between tracks they also finish far too early. Can't listen to it. Shame

5.0 out of 5 stars All thrillers...no fillers, 1 Dec 2013
You know those 'Ministry of Sound' albums when they play 5 or 6 blinding tracks on the TV advert and you think "wow, that's a great compilation"; then you look at the rest of the track listing and realise you've never heard of any of the others on there?

No such problem with this album. What we have here are 60 classic tracks from the last 25 years of dance music, every one of them memorable and recognisable.

Serious dance aficionados should note that this is not a mix album, the tracks are all stand alone and primarily radio edits, and as far as I can tell Pete Tong has no influence past lending his image to the cover. However, for fair-weather fans that just want some cracking tunes for the home or car, the album is dynamite.

I purchased the digital version - 5.99 breaks down to 10p per track...nothing Pete Tong with that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven, 14 Nov 2013
Leslie Taylor (Sudbury,Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
All my favourite songs and more, i love listening to this at any time, its pure mood music, and its not optional but compulsory listening.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Pete Tong Collection (Audio CD)
I saw the ad for this on the TV and ordered it on the strength of that. It's ok, but there are quite a lot of tracks on that I skip through - my choice of course.

The Pete Tong Collection
The Pete Tong Collection by Various (Audio CD - 2013)